New
Find
Notify
Tools

What are the odds?
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
A few months ago I bought a $100 raffle ticket to support a local NRA chapter that would include many winners for an equal amount of various firearms.
I received the call that I was one of the winners & would have to draw a ticket out of the box that would say what I had won.
Yesterday I went to the location to draw & receive my prize.
I drew a Ruger American 308.
Being a lefty, I'm thinking I will sale it because it will be a RH model.
The older gentleman that went to retrieve my rifle returned & when I took it out of the box lo & behold it was a LH model.
When I called his attention to it he offered to correct his mistake until I told him I was a lefty & wanted it.
That makes 14 long guns I have won!

LORD, let my bullets go where my crosshairs show.
Not all who wander are lost.
NEVER TRUST A FART!!!
Cecil Leonard

Posts: 2786 | Location: Northeast Louisianna | Registered: 06 October 2009Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Fjold
posted Hide Post
Cecil, the odds are too high for me to calculate, that's amazing.

Frank

"I don't know what there is about buffalo that frightens me so.....He looks like he hates you personally. He looks like you owe him money."
- Robert Ruark, Horn of the Hunter, 1953

NRA Life, SAF Life, CRPA Life, DRSS lite

Posts: 12538 | Location: Kentucky, USA | Registered: 30 December 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Congratulations you are a lucky man. At that rate I would get a lotto ticket. You might be able to buy the store or the factory. Kudos.

Posts: 1015 | Location: Brooksville, FL. | Registered: 01 August 2007Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Its a great gun for the retail price, even better free.

Posts: 2851 | Location: Michigan | Registered: 02 September 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
FIX!

Posts: 314 | Location: Pagosa Springs, Colorado | Registered: 21 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
FIX!

I understand your thinking. I keep wondering whose doing the FIX in my favor.

NEVER TRUST A FART!!!
Cecil Leonard

Posts: 2786 | Location: Northeast Louisianna | Registered: 06 October 2009Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
bwana-c,

..... just give me 6 numbers between 1 and 49, please?

Cheers,

Number 10

Posts: 3433 | Location: Frankfurt, Germany | Registered: 23 December 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Cliff Lyle
posted Hide Post
Get thee to Vegas, NOW!
Congrats.

Posts: 2155 | Location: Oklahoma | Registered: 03 October 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Other than buying raffle tickets, I don't gamble.
I own 3 conv.stores & sell lotto & lottery tickets daily, but don't buy any for myself.

NEVER TRUST A FART!!!
Cecil Leonard

One of Us
Picture of Cliff Lyle
posted Hide Post
I undertand. I found out that in order to win the lottery I had to buy a ticket. I was very disappointed.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Yes, buying a ticket do increase ones chances of winning the lottery.

Over here the lottery is arranged by the goverment and should be seen as an additional tax for dumb people...

Posts: 118 | Location: Norway | Registered: 09 August 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Cliff Lyle
posted Hide Post
It's about the same here. I have seen many people playing the lottery who I believe would be better served by using the funds to get dental care for them or shoes and clothes for their children but that's just me.

one of us
Picture of Fjold
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Chiefen:
Yes, buying a ticket do increase ones chances of winning the lottery.

Over here the lottery is arranged by the goverment and should be seen as an additional tax for dumb people...

Lottery tickets are sold to people who can't do math.

Frank

"I don't know what there is about buffalo that frightens me so.....He looks like he hates you personally. He looks like you owe him money."
- Robert Ruark, Horn of the Hunter, 1953

NRA Life, SAF Life, CRPA Life, DRSS lite

Posts: 12538 | Location: Kentucky, USA | Registered: 30 December 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Cliff Lyle:
It's about the same here. I have seen many people playing the lottery who I believe would be better served by using the funds to get dental care for them or shoes and clothes for their children but that's just me.

I really like that one!

Posts: 41769 | Location: Crosby and Barksdale, Texas | Registered: 18 September 2006Reply With Quote