THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM LEFTIES FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Shooting  Hop To Forums  Lefties    Zastava USA will be importing the left handed M70s

Moderators: GeorgeS
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Zastava USA will be importing the left handed M70s
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of Fjold
posted
I emailed Zastava USA and they told me that they would start importing the left handed M70s in the next few months.

Frank

"I don't know what there is about buffalo that frightens me so.....He looks like he hates you personally. He looks like you owe him money."
- Robert Ruark, Horn of the Hunter, 1953

NRA Life, SAF Life, CRPA Life, DRSS lite

Posts: 12501 | Location: Kentucky, USA | Registered: 30 December 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
hello Frank.

is it a new entity?

Phil

Posts: 1721 | Location: Whitehorse, Yukon, Canada. | Registered: 21 May 2006Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
Not Frank, but yes, it is a new entity.

George

Posts: 14623 | Location: San Antonio, TX | Registered: 22 May 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Fjold
posted Hide Post
Sorry, I've been busy lately. New company formed Feb 9, 2019

https://zastavaarmsusa.com/pap...u-s-based-operation/

Here's their website.

https://zastavaarmsusa.com/

Frank

"I don't know what there is about buffalo that frightens me so.....He looks like he hates you personally. He looks like you owe him money."
- Robert Ruark, Horn of the Hunter, 1953

NRA Life, SAF Life, CRPA Life, DRSS lite

Posts: 12501 | Location: Kentucky, USA | Registered: 30 December 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
This is very good news. Hopefully the prices will be more in line with what the RH guns were selling for. NIB ones were showing up for around $300 just a few years ago.

Their FAQ says “Sporting rifles LK M70 and LK M85 in all calibers are also made in versions suited for left-handed shooters.”

NRA Life Member

Posts: 108 | Location: Northern KY | Registered: 07 January 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Hopefully the prices will be more in line with what the RH guns were selling for. NIB ones were showing up for around $300 just a few years ago.

Unfortunately, those prices will never be seen again, except used. They cost more than that to the importer.

Quick, Cheap, or Good: Pick Two

Posts: 2134 | Location: Tennessee | Registered: 18 February 2007Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Are they going to be importing the M85, mini Mauser. I lost two in the PacNor fire and need to replace them.

"...I advise the gun. While this gives a moderate exercise to the body, it gives boldness, enterprize, and independance to the mind. Games played with the ball and others of that nature, are too violent for the body and stamp no character on the mind. Let your gun therefore be the constant companion of your walks." Thomas Jefferson

Posts: 993 | Location: Wasilla, AK | Registered: 22 December 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I don’t suppose one of these guns has been spotted in the wild anywhere yet?

NRA Life Member

Posts: 108 | Location: Northern KY | Registered: 07 January 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of NormanConquest
posted Hide Post
I haven't seen one yet. I'm left-handed but after a lifetime of shooting RH bolts, I could never get used to the LH bolt system. I do like the cheekpiece, however.

Never mistake motion for action.

Posts: 17357 | Location: Austin, Texas | Registered: 11 March 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by NormanConquest:
I haven't seen one yet. I'm left-handed but after a lifetime of shooting RH bolts, I could never get used to the LH bolt system. I do like the cheekpiece, however.

If that's the case you might like some of the RH gun/LH shooter stocks from either Boyd's or Richards Microfit. I bought one for my Turkish 98 and it makes the gun fit quite a bit better than the clubby military stock. Mine came unfinished from the bargain bin so it was less than $100.

NRA Life Member

one of us
posted Hide Post
I have found Zastava to be so unresponsive as to be borderline comatose. That's why they have been through a long list of importers. I even had one rifle show up without a magazine.

Russ Gould - Whitworth Arms LLC
BigfiveHQ.com, Large Calibers and African Safaris
Doublegunhq.com, Fine English, American and German Double Rifles and Shotguns
VH2Q.com, Varmint Rifles and Gear

Posts: 2926 | Location: Texas | Registered: 07 June 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Still no sighting of a new LH gun anywhere?

NRA Life Member

posted Hide Post
I have a L/H Zastava M70 long action in 25/06 and it's pretty good.
At least the metalwork is. The stock is complete rubbish. Tried to float the barrel, couldn't, until there was no left side to the barrel channel. Made my own, and it's ok.
Boyds do stocks, but I can't get one sent to Australia because Boyds won't export anything over $100.
Anyway, it shoots little groups and I'm happy with it.

Posts: 13 | Location: australia | Registered: 24 February 2008Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I have a left handed model 70 action at Gentry's getting a three position safety installed. It's one off one the Charles Daly import rifles. If I had known how long it was going to be there I would have ordered the safety and had it installed locally.I sent it back in January and still haven't received it back yet. They do answer emails and always say the same thing, that they are working on it. I had no idea installing a three position safety was a multi month process.

"...I advise the gun. While this gives a moderate exercise to the body, it gives boldness, enterprize, and independance to the mind. Games played with the ball and others of that nature, are too violent for the body and stamp no character on the mind. Let your gun therefore be the constant companion of your walks." Thomas Jefferson

Posts: 993 | Location: Wasilla, AK | Registered: 22 December 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by flmthrwr:
Boyds do stocks, but I can't get one sent to Australia because Boyds won't export anything over $100.

That should change with the changes in ITAR rules announced earlier in the year.

Cameron Hatcher in Victoria can supply semi finished blanks and has a couple of stock styles to suit LH Zastava’s.

He can make them out of walnut or laminated wood.

Posts: 499 | Location: Melbourne, Australia | Registered: 19 June 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Zastava USA won’t touch anything left handed. I have probably imported my last left hand Zastava. The Serbs are too hard to deal with anyway. I did hold back a number of left handed M70 actions snd complete rifles in case I need something in future. This might be a good time to sell some.

Quick, Cheap, or Good: Pick Two

Posts: 2134 | Location: Tennessee | Registered: 18 February 2007Reply With Quote