THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM LEFTIES FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Shooting  Hop To Forums  Lefties    Gentry M70 Style Left Hand Mauser Safeties

Moderators: GeorgeS
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Gentry M70 Style Left Hand Mauser Safeties
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
I just talked to Gentry. They are running RH safeties now and plan on running LH after that. I didn't know this, but they make stainless ones as well as blued. They weren't planning on doing many LH safeties, so if you want one, I suggest that you call them and get your order in. 406-388-4867.

Quick, Cheap, or Good: Pick Two

Posts: 2141 | Location: Tennessee | Registered: 18 February 2007Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Fjold
posted Hide Post
I checked their website but I didn't see pricing.

Frank

"I don't know what there is about buffalo that frightens me so.....He looks like he hates you personally. He looks like you owe him money."
- Robert Ruark, Horn of the Hunter, 1953

NRA Life, SAF Life, CRPA Life, DRSS lite

Posts: 12538 | Location: Kentucky, USA | Registered: 30 December 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thank you for posting this. Will they fit a mini mauser?

Posts: 1284 | Location: N.J | Registered: 16 October 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Four years ago after the Zastava Kvar group buy. I purchased two from Gentry. $189 plus shipping per.

Posts: 1015 | Location: Brooksville, FL. | Registered: 01 August 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
from what I have been told they do not fit the mini series easily

Posts: 978 | Location: Shenandoah Valley VA | Registered: 05 January 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Fjold
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mlfguns:
Four years ago after the Zastava Kvar group buy. I purchased two from Gentry. $189 plus shipping per.

Thanks for the information.

Frank

"I don't know what there is about buffalo that frightens me so.....He looks like he hates you personally. He looks like you owe him money."
- Robert Ruark, Horn of the Hunter, 1953

NRA Life, SAF Life, CRPA Life, DRSS lite

Posts: 12538 | Location: Kentucky, USA | Registered: 30 December 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I just called. Beverly asked that I e-mail my contact info to be put on the list. Thanks for the heads up.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the info. I'll e-mail them tonight. Not a job I'd try and do myself, but how difficult are these to install?

Posts: 89 | Location: SW Washington | Registered: 23 March 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of bluefish
posted Hide Post
i emailed them. thanks for the heads up

Posts: 5232 | Location: The way life should be | Registered: 24 May 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
yes, thanks for the heads up. Sent in my info. I will have them install safeties for me.

Posts: 34 | Location: Volant PA | Registered: 01 May 2016Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I bought a safety from them 2 years ago and had a local smith install it. He is usually very competent but he couldn't do it. So I shipped it to another smith to fix. He sent it back and sent me money for ruining the safety. So I sent the gun to Gentry for them to install a new one. I advise that you do the same.

Posts: 2141 | Location: Tennessee | Registered: 18 February 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of bluefish
posted Hide Post
tom who posts here as dpcd installed mine. dennis olson who is doing my stock was very complimentary of tom's work.

Posts: 5232 | Location: The way life should be | Registered: 24 May 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Anjin
posted Hide Post
quote:

I was in that buy for a LH 9.3x62. Of course the stock needs work, but for a safety the total is still a good deal IMO.

Norman Solberg
International lawyer back in the US after 25 years and, having met a few of the bad guys and governments here and around the world, now focusing on private trusts that protect wealth from them. NRA Life Member for 50 years, NRA Endowment Member from 2014, NRA Patron from 2016.

Posts: 554 | Location: Sandia Mountains, NM | Registered: 05 January 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Vol717:
I bought a safety from them 2 years ago and had a local smith install it. He is usually very competent but he couldn't do it. So I shipped it to another smith to fix. He sent it back and sent me money for ruining the safety. So I sent the gun to Gentry for them to install a new one. I advise that you do the same.

The cocking piece/shroud on LH Zastavas are a complete mirror image, even down to the thread on the cocking piece/shroud. It's the opposite to the RH versions. So you can't even fit a RH cocking piece/shroud on the LH Zastava bolt.

Anyone know if Gentry have made the LH safety production run yet?

Posts: 499 | Location: Melbourne, Australia | Registered: 19 June 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I ordered several and gave her a cc number. she told me it would be charged when they made the run. it hasn't been charged yet.

Posts: 978 | Location: Shenandoah Valley VA | Registered: 05 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Any news on these yet.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
NECG has them, but a bit more money. I believe in the $245 range.

Posts: 1015 | Location: Brooksville, FL. | Registered: 01 August 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
NECG has them, but a bit more money. I believe in the $245 range.

If you are referring to these:

http://www.newenglandcustomgun...ft%20Ha#.WINGrOtXerU

I don't believe they will fit LH actions. They are LH safeties to fit RH bolt actions.

Posts: 499 | Location: Melbourne, Australia | Registered: 19 June 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Gentry is finally making that run of 50 LH Mauser safeties as I am writing this.

One of Us
Picture of bluefish
posted Hide Post
well good because my name is on their list.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I called them again last week. They are still working on the production run. Apparently them are doing one machining step at a time so no complete safeties have come off the machines yet. They are only making 58 left hand safeties and they can't figure out why they are getting so many calls about left hand safeties. I told them I had imported and sold several of them. I have ordered three safeties for myself.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
got the call today. seven LH Mauser Safeties are done. she was calling down her list for those who committed to buying.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Good news.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I recently fitted two left hand Saterlee's to two LH Zastava Mausers, Left hand threads and all. THESE are a work of art.

Jim Kobe
10841 Oxborough Ave So
Bloomington MN 55437
Professional member American Cusom Gunmakers Guild

Posts: 5500 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: 10 July 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Jim, When the 2012 KVAR buy occurred, I tried to get the Satterlee LH safeties. Many calls went unanswered, leaving me no choice. Gentry staff were helpful, communicative and had them in stock.

One of Us
Picture of bluefish
posted Hide Post
got mine paid for today.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Jim, When the 2012 KVAR buy occurred, I tried to get the Satterlee LH safeties. Many calls went unanswered, leaving me no choice. Gentry staff were helpful, communicative and had them in stock.

These were, unforunately, In some parts purchased prior to 2006 in a job I acquired from Jim Dubel's estate.

Jim Kobe
10841 Oxborough Ave So
Bloomington MN 55437

One of Us
posted Hide Post
They set one of the first seven back for the LH Zastava I sent them. Two gunsmiths and one gun hack (me) couldn't install one properly so I had to buy another one and ask Gentry to install it. I don't know when they'll get to it.

I also ordered three more of their safeties for other guns. Is there anyone who can install these Gentry safeties properly? The problem with the one I had was that it would fire when taken off safe if the trigger had been pulled with the safety on.

One of Us
Picture of bluefish
posted Hide Post
dennis olson plains montana. no problem with mine.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Vol717:
They set one of the first seven back for the LH Zastava I sent them. Two gunsmiths and one gun hack (me) couldn't install one properly so I had to buy another one and ask Gentry to install it. I don't know when they'll get to it.

I also ordered three more of their safeties for other guns. Is there anyone who can install these Gentry safeties properly? The problem with the one I had was that it would fire when taken off safe if the trigger had been pulled with the safety on.

That can be corrected!

Jim Kobe
10841 Oxborough Ave So
Bloomington MN 55437

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I obtained one of the first 7 safeties from the current batch. The retail price is $189, by the way.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Any others receive there safties yet?

one of us
Picture of z1r
posted Hide Post
I got one a couple of months ago. I've had it on order since early last fall. When I did get it, I had to reorder it as they seem to have lost my original order. Beverly confirmed the order when she took it last fall and several times during the hunting season when I managed to get a hold of her.

Glad I called when this thread started or I'd be empty handed now.

Aut vincere aut mori

Posts: 4860 | Location: Lakewood, CO | Registered: 07 February 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of stradling
posted Hide Post
20- 30 left hand safeties now in stock as of this morning

Anyway it matters not, because my experience always has been that of---- a loss of snot and enamel on both sides of the 458 Win----

Posts: 1016 | Location: SLC Utah  | Registered: 13 February 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
My gunmith just received mine.