THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM LEFTIES FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Shooting  Hop To Forums  Lefties    Left Hand Zastava M98 Mausers
Page 1 2 3 4 

Moderators: GeorgeS
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Left Hand Zastava M98 Mausers
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted Hide Post
All guns spoken for here are now import marked. I'll start shipping this week. Many of the remaining guns are consecutive numbered guns so if anyone wants a pair or three consecutive guns in the same caliber, contact me.

Quick, Cheap, or Good: Pick Two

Posts: 2134 | Location: Tennessee | Registered: 18 February 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Cliff Lyle
posted Hide Post
Are there any left or have they all been spoken for?

Posts: 2155 | Location: Oklahoma | Registered: 03 October 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
All calibers except 458 7mag and 30/06 available. I'll start putting them on Gunbroker later this week. If you want something before I do, send an email to allanmckinney@msn.com.

Posts: 2134 | Location: Tennessee | Registered: 18 February 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of stradling
posted Hide Post
what base is best --or what have others done for base mounts on this rifle

thanks frank

Anyway it matters not, because my experience always has been that of---- a loss of snot and enamel on both sides of the 458 Win----

Posts: 1016 | Location: SLC Utah  | Registered: 13 February 2009Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Fjold
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by stradling:
what base is best --or what have others done for base mounts on this rifle

thanks frank

Anything for the Charles Daly Mauser, Mark X, etc.

I used Warnes on my lefty 458 WM.

Frank

"I don't know what there is about buffalo that frightens me so.....He looks like he hates you personally. He looks like you owe him money."
- Robert Ruark, Horn of the Hunter, 1953

NRA Life, SAF Life, CRPA Life, DRSS lite

Posts: 12501 | Location: Kentucky, USA | Registered: 30 December 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
The 375s are $885 plus shipping. Other prices on page 1.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Regarding scope bases, while there are many available, I prefer Talley bases and rings. I use quick-detach rings and I order the rear base cut away at the back so that Talley's aperture sight will fit. Bases cost $29 at Midway. I'll be placing an order with Talley this week and I'll add a few base sets with the rear base modified for the aperture sight. I'll get a few aperture sights as well.

By the way, Gentry makes a Winchester 70 style left hand safety for these guns. I recently sent one gun to them to install a safety. They have to make more units before the safeties will be available. Maybe if more people order safeties it will prompt Gentry to do the production run.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Here is the .30/06 I kept for myself with a factory stock that I modified. I removed the grip cap, buttplate and radically slimmed the stock, removing the Monte Carlo in the process. I then added an ebony fore end tip and grip cap, and a walnut buttplate. It fits me well and is much less bulky.

URL=http://s396.photobucket.com/user/Vol423/media/Zastavas%20from%20Canada/DSC_1038.jpg.html] [/URL]

[url=http://s396.photobucket.com/user/Vol423/media/Zastavas%20from%20Canada/FullSizeRender%201620697.jpg.html][IMG]

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Hi Allan-
Regarding the Gentry safeties, how much do they want for them?
Nice '06
Regards,
Scott

Posts: 314 | Location: Pagosa Springs, Colorado | Registered: 21 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of bluefish
posted Hide Post
I just called Gentry yesterday and they aren't ready. Not sure on price.

Posts: 5232 | Location: The way life should be | Registered: 24 May 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I don't know the price of the Gentry safety either

One of Us
Picture of bluefish
posted Hide Post
around 2 bills

Posts: 5232 | Location: The way life should be | Registered: 24 May 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I am interested in a 270 or 6.5x55. Would love to retool the factory stock as a DIY project

Posts: 33 | Location: Volant PA | Registered: 01 May 2016Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Will the gentry work on the mini? That is the last piece I need for my gun.

Posts: 1284 | Location: N.J | Registered: 16 October 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I put the first gun on gunbroker. A 9.3X62 with a light colored stock and some fiddleback. I can't link to it but you can find it as a left hand Mauser. I'll put one up of each caliber until they are gone.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I just got back from the gun shop with my left handed Zastava 30-06. I am well pleased with what I see. The metal work is very, very good. The wood is light years beyond the wood on my K-Var 375 H&H. The 375 is a shooter, staying around 3/4 of an inch, but a thing of beauty, it ain't. This 30-06 has decent wood, and the checkering could stand some improvement, but is quite a bit better than I expected. The stock finish is hunting adequate and then some.

I'm waiting for a scope and QD rings before I shoot it, but I have cycled the action and it feeds and extracts flawlessly. The trigger is not bad as is. I really think I am going to like this rifle and want to give a big shout out and thank you to Allan for bringing them in.

Posts: 807 | Location: East Texas | Registered: 03 November 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I'm pleased too with the guns. I now have six guns on Gunbroker, one in each caliber. I'll post the single .308 there soon.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Vol717:
I'm pleased too with the guns. I now have six guns on Gunbroker, one in each caliber available. I'll post the single .308 there soon.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I can say without a doubt that these guns are a definite step up from the K-Var guns.
I received my 458 today. The wood is better finished with good figure and the bluing is much smoother finished and even than my K-Var '06.
Thanks Allan for all your efforts.
Regards,
Scott

Posts: 314 | Location: Pagosa Springs, Colorado | Registered: 21 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of stradling
posted Hide Post
picked up my 9.3x62 yesterday it's a great rifle

glad i ordered it

Anyway it matters not, because my experience always has been that of---- a loss of snot and enamel on both sides of the 458 Win----

Posts: 1016 | Location: SLC Utah  | Registered: 13 February 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sharpsguy:
I just got back from the gun shop with my left handed Zastava 30-06. I am well pleased with what I see. The metal work is very, very good. The wood is light years beyond the wood on my K-Var 375 H&H. The 375 is a shooter, staying around 3/4 of an inch, but a thing of beauty, it ain't. This 30-06 has decent wood, and the checkering could stand some improvement, but is quite a bit better than I expected. The stock finish is hunting adequate and then some.

I'm waiting for a scope and QD rings before I shoot it, but I have cycled the action and it feeds and extracts flawlessly. The trigger is not bad as is. I really think I am going to like this rifle and want to give a big shout out and thank you to Allan for bringing them in.

trigger are easy to adjust ...

Posts: 1721 | Location: Whitehorse, Yukon, Canada. | Registered: 21 May 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Yeah, I know. I am going to take care of that at the same time I install the scope. The trigger is decent as is, but I intend to see what I can do with it.

Posts: 807 | Location: East Texas | Registered: 03 November 2007Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I want to see some pictures please. Also is the forearm floated or any forearm pressure? My Zastava 7 X 57 shoots well but different loads impact varies? Want to duplicate factory.

kk alaska

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Picked up the two I had ordered am more than happy with them. Did not know what to expect about the stocks from story's about previous group buy but far as Im concerned for hunting these are good to go.
Thanks to Allan for putting this together.

Posts: 290 | Location: San Angelo, TX | Registered: 02 July 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Can't wait to get my 270. I think I will have Gentry install his 3 position safety on it when they are available in fall. Will redo the stock myself and refinish. Should be a fun project. love these left hand mausers.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
As far as pictures go, there are 7 of them, different calibers, on Gunbroker. Search for left hand Mauser.

one of us
Picture of Fjold
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Vol717:
As far as pictures go, there are 7 of them, different calibers, on Gunbroker. Search for left hand Mauser.

"Left hand Mauser"

There are 0 items that match your criteria.

EDIT:

I searched "Mauser, left" and it worked.

Frank

"I don't know what there is about buffalo that frightens me so.....He looks like he hates you personally. He looks like you owe him money."

Posts: 12501 | Location: Kentucky, USA | Registered: 30 December 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Fjold--You ought to get that 375. My KVAR 375 shoots lights out with the ugly wood it came with. Think how well this one would shoot with this nice wood. Just sayin'--

One of Us
posted Hide Post
All 7 came up when I did a left hand Mauser search. So far I have no shooting reports. I'm anxious to hear how they shoot. I have ordered 5 sets of Talley two piece bases modified for the Talley aperture sight, as well as a few sets of rings.

one of us
Picture of Fjold
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sharpsguy:
Fjold--You ought to get that 375. My KVAR 375 shoots lights out with the ugly wood it came with. Think how well this one would shoot with this nice wood. Just sayin'--

Thanks, I have a left handed, Model 70 in 375 H&H already and a left handed Zastava in 458 Win Mag.
Big Grin

Frank

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I haven't put my 30-06 on paper, but I have been shooting a few steel silhouettes with it. I don't have the right rings to allow me to mount the scope I want to use, as it is just a touch too short. I mounted a 3x9 Vortex Crossfire with an illuminated dot reticle for a rough test run, and have been hitting animal targets from one to five hundred yards with no problem. When I get the right set up, dialed in, this rifle will be a dandy. So far, I have run about 35 rounds through it with no hiccups. Not one. I really expect it to be a moa rifle based on what I have seen, and this is with 165 grain fmj surplus ammo, straight out of the box.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Picked up my LH Zastava in 270 today from my FFL. I have to say it was much better than I has expected. I will have to redo the stock, it is a bit chunky. The action and blueing are very nice.

One of Us
Picture of adamhunter
posted Hide Post
Here is my 375. The stock is clubby but fits me surprisingly well. Can't decide if I want to slim it down or not.

And wearing some new glass; Leupold VX2 3x9x40 - Please excuse the mess on the kitchen table!

30+ years experience tells me that perfection hit at .264. Others are adequate but anything before or after is wishful thinking.

Posts: 854 | Location: Atlanta, GA | Registered: 20 December 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
That is very nice! I absolutely wouldn't change a thing.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
That is a beautiful 375! What rings and bases did you go with? I need to pick some up for mine. I am putting a VX-III 2.5 -8x on my 270. Measured the LOP today....14 1/2 "!!! A good inch to long for me. I will adjust that when I modify my stock and refinish.

One of Us
Picture of adamhunter
posted Hide Post
Thank you!
I put the cheapo weaver bases: #20A on the front and #55 on the rear. Weaver Grand Slam steel high rings. The mediums will work but the highs lined up with my eye better. My buddy has the Remington 798 in 375 and uses the same set and has had no issues with the alum. Bases. I had to shim the front base as it was low. Used three layers of roof Valley flashing and that brought it up level.

30+ years experience tells me that perfection hit at .264. Others are adequate but anything before or after is wishful thinking.

Posts: 854 | Location: Atlanta, GA | Registered: 20 December 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of stradling
posted Hide Post
the 9.3 shoots inside one inch at 100

One of Us
posted Hide Post
That doesn't surprise me at all. My KVAR 375 H&H will put five 270 grain TSXs in .730 at 100, and my 30-06 out of this batch will hit bullet strikes on a steel silhouette at 100 yards with fmj 165 grain milsurp ammo. I really like mine. A lot. I'm looking forward to putting it on paper.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
our canadian rifle were well made and better for sure than the kvar we had few years ago too and so far without any UN markings ... in 2017 that will be a different story.

Posts: 1721 | Location: Whitehorse, Yukon, Canada. | Registered: 21 May 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
What happens in 2017?