THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM LEFTIES FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Shooting  Hop To Forums  Lefties    Left Hand Zastava M98 Mausers
Page 1 2 3 4 

Moderators: GeorgeS
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Left Hand Zastava M98 Mausers
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
I have found a source of these guns outside the country. Calibers are 9.3X62 and 375H&H. I'll buy a certain number of guns for resale, but I might not be able to buy all available. If anyone wants me to set aside a gun for them and pay a deposit, let me know. Price will not exceed $800 shipped to your dealer. The ones I bring in that are not earmarked will be sold to the highest bidder on Gunbroker.

allanmckinney@msn.com

Quick, Cheap, or Good: Pick Two

Posts: 2134 | Location: Tennessee | Registered: 18 February 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I would really like to have a 30-06 to go with the 375 H&H I already have. Probably not possible, but I would take one.

Posts: 807 | Location: East Texas | Registered: 03 November 2007Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Nice rifles here is my LH Mini 223 and LH 7 X 57
factory wood reworked.

kk alaska

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I was OK paying slightly around $650 with shipping and transfer when I bought mine in the KVAR group buy. No offense, but I just don't see myself paying $800 for one. At that price the novelty is overcome by the cost.

NRA Life Member

Posts: 108 | Location: Northern KY | Registered: 07 January 2011Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Fjold
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Elkins45:
I was OK paying slightly around $650 with shipping and transfer when I bought mine in the KVAR group buy. No offense, but I just don't see myself paying $800 for one. At that price the novelty is overcome by the cost.

The 375's and 458's were $850 on the KVAR group buy.

My 458, re-barreled and the stock re-worked:

Frank

"I don't know what there is about buffalo that frightens me so.....He looks like he hates you personally. He looks like you owe him money."
- Robert Ruark, Horn of the Hunter, 1953

NRA Life, SAF Life, CRPA Life, DRSS lite

Posts: 12501 | Location: Kentucky, USA | Registered: 30 December 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
These guns are a great value for a lefty. By the time I pay duties, shipping, customs brokers fees, licenses, there isn't much profit left. I sold the very last left hand .458 K-var had for $1000 and the gun had a plain but respectable stock. Some of these stocks are fantastic. I'm keeping two for myself and the rest will go to Gunbroker.

Posts: 2134 | Location: Tennessee | Registered: 18 February 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
These guns are a great value for a lefty. By the time I pay duties, shipping, customs brokers fees, licenses, there isn't much profit left. I sold the very last left hand .458 K-var had for $1000 and the gun had a plain but respectable stock. Some of these stocks are fantastic. I'm keeping two for myself.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I would be interested in a 375 with a fantastic stock. sent you an e mail concerning a deposit

Posts: 977 | Location: Shenandoah Valley VA | Registered: 05 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Fantastic stock? Good luck. Mine looked like it was done after a liquid lunch and checker with skill saw.

Posts: 1284 | Location: N.J | Registered: 16 October 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Fjold
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by J_Zola:
Fantastic stock? Good luck. Mine looked like it was done after a liquid lunch and checker with skill saw.

The wood on mine wasn't bad after it was stripped of the mud colored finish. The checkering wasn't hand cut, it was more like foot cut.

Frank

"I don't know what there is about buffalo that frightens me so.....He looks like he hates you personally. He looks like you owe him money."
- Robert Ruark, Horn of the Hunter, 1953

NRA Life, SAF Life, CRPA Life, DRSS lite

Posts: 12501 | Location: Kentucky, USA | Registered: 30 December 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Fjold:
quote:
Originally posted by J_Zola:

The wood on mine wasn't bad after it was stripped of the mud colored finish. The checkering wasn't hand cut, it was more like foot cut.

Monday working after slivovic partis in the week end lol ...

Posts: 1721 | Location: Whitehorse, Yukon, Canada. | Registered: 21 May 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Vol717 thanks for making the offer.
I have a couple of thoughts. Are these rifles already built or will they be ordered from scratch.
If ordered from scratch and you have some lee way with the distributer in the order specifics, I have some suggestions.

Zastava makes a Mauser model 808, that has a three position safety similar to the model 70 Winchesters. Can it be ordered with that safety. Thereby saving time and money from having to purchase a Gentry safety in the $180 range and pay for installation.
They also make the 808 with a straight Oberndorf bolt handle, another nice addition.
Can they be ordered without open sights, no checkering, no finish on the stock. It saves them time and labor. I and others would prefer to finish the stock to our likings. Stocks with wicked character would seal the deal.
For payments, what amount do you want to reserve and is the remaining amount due in july or upon completion. Or do you have other thoughts.
Thank you again.

Posts: 1015 | Location: Brooksville, FL. | Registered: 01 August 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
These guns are already built. To clarify, the wood figure on some stocks is fantastic. The factory execution on the stocks sucks. They all will need refining, just like the last bunch from K-VAR. There are more calibers including 300 win, 270 win. 308, 30/06, 6.5X55, 7X57, 9.3X62, 375H&H and 458win. I am emptying a distributor's lefty inventory. There is a possibility of future orders, so that model 808 might be in the future.

One of Us
Picture of Scott King
posted Hide Post
Well Im in! Just wanting to know how much and where to send the deposit to.

Posts: 9022 | Location: Dillingham Alaska | Registered: 10 April 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I;m not going to ask for deposits on these guns. I will bring them in and then make the offer again. I was trying to decide if I wanted to bring in the common calibers such as 300 Win, 270 and 308, but there are only 5-6 of the first two and only one 308, so I'll just get them all. I will give anyone here first refusal on these guns if you will send me a PM with your email address. There are only three .458s, but there are 5-8 of most of the other calibers.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Put me in for one .375H&H which I will turn into a .300H&H. and one .308 winchester.

Posts: 1015 | Location: Brooksville, FL. | Registered: 01 August 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I wouldn't mind a 270 if the price is agreeable.

NRA Life Member

Posts: 108 | Location: Northern KY | Registered: 07 January 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Email me at allanmckinney@msn.com

The one .308 is spoken for but there are multiples of the other calibers including:

6.5X55
7X57
.30/06
300Win
9.3X62
375H&H
458Win

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Allan,

seems it will be harder for the Canadian to get any left hand zastava actions after you lol ...

glad i bought some few years ago from Anthony ...

Posts: 1721 | Location: Whitehorse, Yukon, Canada. | Registered: 21 May 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I have a 375. I'm just glad I have a 30-06 coming.

Posts: 807 | Location: East Texas | Registered: 03 November 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of tomahawker
posted Hide Post
PM sent

Posts: 3452 | Registered: 27 November 2014Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Medved,

There may be more in the future. I'm trying to get the Serbs to sell guns with uncheckered stocks or just barreled actions.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
These guns are cleaner than the batch that came from K-VAR. They don't have as much lettering on them. Here is a shot of both sides of the receiver of one of the guns:

One of Us
Picture of bluefish
posted Hide Post
I'd like a 375

Posts: 5232 | Location: The way life should be | Registered: 24 May 2012Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Let me know when they come in. I'd be interested in a 375 and 458. PM on its way.

"...I advise the gun. While this gives a moderate exercise to the body, it gives boldness, enterprize, and independance to the mind. Games played with the ball and others of that nature, are too violent for the body and stamp no character on the mind. Let your gun therefore be the constant companion of your walks." Thomas Jefferson

Posts: 993 | Location: Wasilla, AK | Registered: 22 December 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Don't forget to send me an email to allanmckinney@msn.com if you want first refusal on a gun. All of the 308, 30/06 and 458 calibers have been spoken for. I do plan on bringing in more.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I just received a call from ATF that the Form 6 was approved for the import. The guns are packed up on a pallet in Canada ready to ship as soon as Canadian approval is obtained. I don't think that takes very long. I will get out prices on all of them very soon.

Allan

One of Us
Picture of tomahawker
posted Hide Post
Sweet! Looking forward to it.

Posts: 3452 | Registered: 27 November 2014Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
All of the numbers are in and I now have prices.

The 458s are $900 plus shipping

9.3X62 and 375 H&H are $885 plus shipping

6.5X55, 308 and 7X57 are $825 plus shipping

270, 7mm Rem Mag, 30/06, 300 Win, are $770 plus shipping.

Shipping will be about $30 via UPS to the lower 48 and $60 to AK via USPS.

The folks who spoke up earlier and sent an email will get first refusal, after which anyone else on here will have priority. After that the guns will go on gunbroker. I probably won't take possession of the guns for 3-4 weeks as I just had foot surgery and will need to drive to the customs broker's warehouse. If you want in, please email me at allanmckinney@msn.com and confirm your order and arrange for payment and sending an FFL. I will accept personal and bank checks and money orders and ship after they clear. Postal money orders will get the fastest shipping as they clear when I cash them. I can also accept Credit cards at a 3% premium. Hard copy FFLs must be signed in colored ink. They can also be sent via email or faxed to 423-636-3006. I will also send emails or PMs to those who expressed an interest earlier.

Allan McKinney
423-262-9394

One of Us
posted Hide Post
If I haven't emailed anyone who asked to be notified when the guns arrive, that means that your email is on the desktop computer's external hard drive upstairs. I had foot surgery and can't make it there yet. Please send me an email to confirm your order allanmckinney@msn.com

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I have the approved Form 6. We are getting closer.

One of Us
Picture of stradling
posted Hide Post
Put in an order for one left hand 9.3x62 via email

when will we see them come in

will need this rifle for a late august hunt

thanks much

Anyway it matters not, because my experience always has been that of---- a loss of snot and enamel on both sides of the 458 Win----

Posts: 1016 | Location: SLC Utah  | Registered: 13 February 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
One .308 is now available. No more .30/06.

All the government approvals have been received. I'm hoping for shipment next week.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I just got word that the guns are in the US and will be in the bonded warehouse tonight. The customs broker will submit the shipment docs to Customs tomorrow morning.
It takes about 24-48hr for Clearance but they will be cleared for pickup by Friday. I plan to pick them up next week. As soon as they are marked I can start shipping. When all the AR lefties pre-orders are satisfied, the balance will go to Gunbroker.

Allan

One of Us
Picture of stradling
posted Hide Post
good stuff standing in line

Anyway it matters not, because my experience always has been that of---- a loss of snot and enamel on both sides of the 458 Win----

Posts: 1016 | Location: SLC Utah  | Registered: 13 February 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I plan to pick the guns up on Wednesday and start marking them Thursday. I will mark the ones for AR members first and ship them out.

One of Us
Picture of stradling
posted Hide Post
price w shipping and address to email ffl to

and i will get settlement for Left Hand 9.3x62 in the pipe

pm it to me or call

thanks cell 760 937 6000

One of Us
Picture of stradling
posted Hide Post
please post a list of what's not spoken for

One of Us
posted Hide Post
All are in good supply except no more 458, 7Mag and 30/06.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Here is a link to photos of one of the .458s. I'm very pleased with this batch. The metal polish is much better than the K-VAR batch. The wood is the same configuration as the K-VAR guns, but smoother. The checkering is flat English style that could be recut I think to diamonds.

http://s396.photobucket.com/us...eshow/Zastava%202016