THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM LEFTIES FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Shooting  Hop To Forums  Lefties    Left Hand 375 Ruger for $600. Now $800

Moderators: GeorgeS
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Left Hand 375 Ruger for $600. Now $800
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of Labman
posted
Seems like a pretty good price for the Ruger African. Just thought I'd pass this along in case someone is interested. Updated in case anyone missed out the first time around.

https://www.cdnnsports.com/rug...le+9-29#.X3NKthSSnct

Tom Z

NRA Life Member

Posts: 2289 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: 07 January 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Fjold
posted Hide Post
I sent that link to my friends in New Zealand. They hate you now.

Frank

"I don't know what there is about buffalo that frightens me so.....He looks like he hates you personally. He looks like you owe him money."
- Robert Ruark, Horn of the Hunter, 1953

NRA Life, SAF Life, CRPA Life, DRSS lite

Posts: 12504 | Location: Kentucky, USA | Registered: 30 December 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I bought 3 when they were $699. They are a great deal at $699 and even better deal at $600.

Mike

Posts: 13145 | Location: Cocoa Beach, Florida | Registered: 22 July 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Beretta682E:
I bought 3 when they were $699. They are a great deal at $699 and even better deal at $600.

Mike

Must resist......must resist. I have weaknesses' and Rugers on sale are one of them.

My biggest fear is when I die my wife will sell my guns for what I told her they cost.

Posts: 6594 | Location: Cumberland Plateau, Tennessee | Registered: 22 February 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Ruger 375 Alaskan is the best deer stand rifle. I am biased :-)

Mike

Posts: 13145 | Location: Cocoa Beach, Florida | Registered: 22 July 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Buglemintoday
posted Hide Post
I have been eyeing this for a few weeks, may need to order one as my "larger than .338" rifle.

"Let me start off with two words: Made in America"

Posts: 3315 | Location: Permian Basin | Registered: 16 December 2006Reply With Quote
Picture of DigitalDetective
posted Hide Post
...and they're gone! Aaaauuugghhh *(%$#*# !!!

I have been watching these rifles for over a year. I went to the site in September and there were 14 in stock.
I finally have the money to buy one yesterday and they are sold out. They have been for sale for more than a year and they sell 14 in one month?
I wonder if someone bought all of them and they will show up for sale somewhere else?

Posts: 6 | Location: Oregon Wine Country | Registered: 06 October 2017Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by DigitalDetective:

I have been watching these rifles for over a year. I went to the site in September and there were 14 in stock.
I finally have the money to buy one yesterday and they are sold out. They have been for sale for more than a year and they sell 14 in one month?
I wonder if someone bought all of them and they will show up for sale somewhere else?

I own 3 - an African and two Alaskans.

I will eventually bed them - but they shoot great.

This was a good deal - hopefully someone resells them.

Mike

one of us
Picture of Fjold
posted Hide Post
There are some listed but at $890. Ouch

https://www.impactguns.com/rug...21-736676471218.aspx

Frank

"I don't know what there is about buffalo that frightens me so.....He looks like he hates you personally. He looks like you owe him money."
- Robert Ruark, Horn of the Hunter, 1953

NRA Life, SAF Life, CRPA Life, DRSS lite

Posts: 12504 | Location: Kentucky, USA | Registered: 30 December 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Fjold:
There are some listed but at $890. Ouch

https://www.impactguns.com/rug...21-736676471218.aspx

The muzzle break is ugly and adds little.

The new Alaskan with the paddle stock is ugly.

These rifles were perfect out of the box go Alaska or Africa guns.

They are also bullet and in my case fool proof.

I have one Alaskan abused in Alaska - rain, dropped down a hill etc with which I killed a moose and another brand new. Only way I can tell them apart is looking at the scopes on the rifles.

Mike

Picture of DigitalDetective
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Beretta682E:

The muzzle break is ugly and adds little.

The new Alaskan with the paddle stock is ugly.

These rifles were perfect out of the box go Alaska or Africa guns.

They are also bullet and in my case fool proof.

I have one Alaskan abused in Alaska - rain, dropped down a hill etc with which I killed a moose and another brand new. Only way I can tell them apart is looking at the scopes on the rifles.

Mike

The new version does not look bad, I like the ebony forend. Agree on the muzzle break. I will have to think about this one (not really the great deal the others were).

I just got back from an AK moose trip on 10/2. I had to get the trip covered before I spent anything on a new rifle.

I beat my Marlin 1895 up pretty bad too, but it did fine in the end. One shot, one moose

Posts: 6 | Location: Oregon Wine Country | Registered: 06 October 2017Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Buglemintoday
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by DigitalDetective:

Don't feel too bad, I waited and missed out as well sofa

"Let me start off with two words: Made in America"

Posts: 3315 | Location: Permian Basin | Registered: 16 December 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Labman
posted Hide Post
They're back but at a higher price.

https://www.cdnnsports.com/rug...le+9-29#.X3NKthSSnct

Tom Z

NRA Life Member

Posts: 2289 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: 07 January 2005Reply With Quote