New
Find
Notify
Tools

LH Tikka 6.5 Creed Moor
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Looks like us Lefties can finally buy a Tikka T3 SS Syn stock 6.5CM. First time Tikka has ever made a LH CM!

On 24 Campfire LH section there is a Pre Buy link Whittaker Guns will sell them. About 9 left so better not hesitate been a long time coming!

kk alaska

posted Hide Post
Are the Tikkas worth $270 more than the Ruger Predator RAR 6.5 Creedmoor?

George

Posts: 14623 | Location: San Antonio, TX | Registered: 22 May 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Depends, beauty is in the eyes of the beholder. Both aesthetically and functionality.
IMO Tikka is the nicer of the two. Plus this is the stainless version of the Tikka. IMO the Tikka has the better stock as well. I did not want to miss the opportunity so put a deposit on one. Who knows, maybe its a one time run. But with Whitakers they seem to have the best price on Tikka's in the USA.

Posts: 282 | Location: Foothills of the Rocky's | Registered: 04 June 2014Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I have the limited 1-8 twist LH Tikka in 22-250 and the LH Ruger American in 6.5 CrMoor. The Tikka feels better to me and stock is nicer and the
overall quality seems nicer, plus its SS, also the magazines are better. The Tikka LH in 6.5 Cr-Moor is one of a kind yet to see if they will be
available in the future. Over the years LH rifles have been offered for limited time then they are discontinued, like the LH Ruger Hawkeye.

kk alaska

one of us
Picture of Fjold
posted Hide Post
Is the price a secret?

Frank

"I don't know what there is about buffalo that frightens me so.....He looks like he hates you personally. He looks like you owe him money."
- Robert Ruark, Horn of the Hunter, 1953

NRA Life, SAF Life, CRPA Life, DRSS lite

Posts: 12501 | Location: Kentucky, USA | Registered: 30 December 2002Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
$639. There is a MAP policy in effect.

The LH Ruger Predator 6.5 Creedmoor costs $369.

George

Posts: 14623 | Location: San Antonio, TX | Registered: 22 May 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of adamhunter
posted Hide Post
I've got an LH Tikka in 6.5x55. Most accurate out of the box rifle I own, silky smooth action and a great trigger. IMHO it is a much nicer rifle than the RAR. Take that with a grain of salt because I have never owned an RAR but have handled quite a few and did some load development for one in 270. It shot rather well though. The RAR ranks in there with Savage Axis & Rem 783 in my book

30+ years experience tells me that perfection hit at .264. Others are adequate but anything before or after is wishful thinking.

Posts: 854 | Location: Atlanta, GA | Registered: 20 December 2007Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
My question stands. Is the Tikka worth 43% more than the RAR?

George

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by GeorgeS:

George

It is to me. I own the Ruger and ordered one of the Tikkas. My thoughts are the Tikka should be at least as accurate as the other Tikka I own. Your mileage may vary. Otherwise we would all be shooting those ugly accurate Savage's.
Same principal applies to cars or trucks. We don't need new or expensive but we often buy them.

Posts: 282 | Location: Foothills of the Rocky's | Registered: 04 June 2014Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
I am not afraid to spend money on higher-end guns, and have done so often.

I remember when Sako began exporting Tikkas to the U.S.; everyone was complaining about the inferior quality and plastic parts.

Those are very same complaints people make about the Savage rifles today. Big Grin

George

one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:

George

Yes and Ruger has dropped a lot of LH RAR rifles I paid around $450 for my LH RAR 6.5 Cr Moor. Over the years if they have a LH rifle I want, I buy it usually 2 years later its no longer offered.

Been waiting for almost 2 years for the LH Barret Fieldcraft then Barrett decided not to make a LH Fieldcraft.

So when Whittakers agreed to take the risk and get 22 LH Tikkas in 6.5 Cr Moor I bought one want to help support a LH product, if we dont buy them they wont make them .

kk alaska

one of us
Picture of Fjold
posted Hide Post
I've been looking at Tikkas because I don't own one but I don't need a third different .264 caliber gun. After all, what will a left handed Creedmoor will do that my 260 or my 6.5x284 won't?

Frank

"I don't know what there is about buffalo that frightens me so.....He looks like he hates you personally. He looks like you owe him money."

Posts: 12501 | Location: Kentucky, USA | Registered: 30 December 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Fjold:
I've been looking at Tikkas because I don't own one but I don't need a third different .264 caliber gun. After all, what will a left handed Creedmoor will do that my 260 or my 6.5x284 won't?

Not a thing. Except you will still not own a TikkaSmiler But they make the rifle in other chamberings for lefties as well.

One of Us
Picture of adamhunter
posted Hide Post
quote:
I've been looking at Tikkas because I don't own one but I don't need a third different .264 caliber gun.

Yes you do!

30+ years experience tells me that perfection hit at .264. Others are adequate but anything before or after is wishful thinking.

Posts: 854 | Location: Atlanta, GA | Registered: 20 December 2007Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
quote:
After all, what will a left handed Creedmoor will do that my 260 or my 6.5x284 won't?

I got the Predator because it came with a threaded barrel.

The few groups I've shot with it so far indicate that I made a good choice.

George

one of us
Picture of Fjold
posted Hide Post
I may buy a Tikka in .25 caliber. Ideally a 257 Roberts but I think that all they offer is the 25-06.

I already have left handed (or ambidextrous) centerfire 22s, 24s, 26s, 27, 28, 30s, 375, 458s and I've got no use for .312, .338, .358, .366 or .416 so .257 is about the only hole that needs filling.

Frank

posted Hide Post
Frank! How could you not own a .338? Eeker

George

one of us
Picture of Fjold
posted Hide Post
quote:

George

I had one, the recoil was too much for what it did.

I prefer my 375 H&H, I can shoot the 235 grain bullets at 3,100 fps or the 300 grain TSX at 2550 fps.

Frank

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

George

I had one, the recoil was too much for what it did.

I prefer my 375 H&H, I can shoot the 235 grain bullets at 3,100 fps or the 300 grain TSX at 2550 fps.

+1

338 is a wasted caliber sofa

Mike

Posts: 13145 | Location: Cocoa Beach, Florida | Registered: 22 July 2010Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
I've got two .338s (a Sako AV and a LH M-70).

I use 210gr. bullets in the Sako and it is a hammer on elk and red deer. It wears a McMillan stock with a Decelerator pad.

I haven't even shot the M-70 yet.

George

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
I've got two .338s (a Sako AV and a LH M-70).

I use 210gr. bullets in the Sako and it is a hammer on elk and red deer. It wears a McMillan stock with a Decelerator pad.

I haven't even shot the M-70 yet.

George

Which McMillan stock ? Do you have a picture - I need to order one.

Thanks

Mike

Posts: 13145 | Location: Cocoa Beach, Florida | Registered: 22 July 2010Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
It's the Sako Classic with the Decelerator pad:

George

one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by kk alaska:
Looks like us Lefties can finally buy a Tikka T3 SS Syn stock 6.5CM. First time Tikka has ever made a LH CM!

On 24 Campfire LH section there is a Pre Buy link Whittaker Guns will sell them. About 9 left so better not hesitate been a long time coming!

kk alaska

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Looks like the entire lot of 25 is spoken for.

one of us
posted Hide Post
The count is for the RH 6.5 Cr Moors according to Darrick at Whittakers

kk alaska

one of us
posted Hide Post
They have arrived and are being shipped, mine shipped This Tuesday!

kk alaska

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I chose a browning X-Bolt for my 6.5 Creedmoor. I have two T3s in other calibers and they are fine but the Browning is more ergonomic, mostly due to a wood stock and really well thought-out bolt handle.

Quick, Cheap, or Good: Pick Two

Posts: 2134 | Location: Tennessee | Registered: 18 February 2007Reply With Quote