The Accurate Reloading Forums
LH CZ Safari 375 H&H for sale

This topic can be found at:
http://forums.accuratereloading.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/837108194/m/5931010462

20 January 2021, 15:56
Elkins45
LH CZ Safari 375 H&H for sale
In case someone is interested Buds Gun Shop (the retail store) in Lexington, KY has a used CZ for $1099. It hardly looks used at all. I have no idea if that’s a good price or a terrible one, just passing it along.


NRA Life Member
21 January 2021, 03:38
ghostrider272
Great price. They went for 1799$ new.
24 January 2021, 23:46
Scott King
This one pains me.
25 January 2021, 01:40
Snowwolfe
If you like carrying a club go for it. Way to heavy and bulky for my tastes. Bought one used and sold it off pretty quick.


My biggest fear is when I die my wife will sell my guns for what I told her they cost.
25 January 2021, 02:14
Beretta682E
quote:
Originally posted by Snowwolfe:
If you like carrying a club go for it. Way to heavy and bulky for my tastes. Bought one used and sold it off pretty quick.


I love mine. I hunted it hard and had Wayne at ahr do a custom stock for it. He had done some custom work before I hunted it hard.

I would buy this rifle as a spare but I already have a custom 458 Lott built on this rifle. I should eventually put a 375 barrel and make it a spare. But I have a blaser r8 in 375 that outshoots everything else I own big bore.

It is not a slim gun Big Grin But it is a great rifle.

Mike


Every man has a right to his opinion, but no man has a right to be wrong in his facts.

Bernard Baruch
25 January 2021, 06:01
Scott King
quote:
Originally posted by Snowwolfe:
If you like carrying a club go for it. Way to heavy and bulky for my tastes. Bought one used and sold it off pretty quick.


But the price tag!

If clubby is it's worst attribute I'd think a custom synthetic stock is a simple improvement.

Last year one of our AR friends sold me a nice Zastava in 375 and another sold me a nice Zastava action, neither which Ive touched since receiving so I guess I'll sit this one out.

Would certainly like to turn something like this into something like a 400 H&H or,........
25 January 2021, 06:02
Scott King
By the way S,
Carried your 9.3 again this fall.
286 partitions.
26 January 2021, 02:03
Snowwolfe
quote:
Originally posted by Scott King:
By the way S,
Carried your 9.3 again this fall.
286 partitions.


Glad its still seeing use in AlaskaSmiler


My biggest fear is when I die my wife will sell my guns for what I told her they cost.
26 January 2021, 07:37
Scott King
quote:
Originally posted by Snowwolfe:
quote:
Originally posted by Scott King:
By the way S,
Carried your 9.3 again this fall.
286 partitions.


Glad its still seeing use in AlaskaSmiler


Seems to have become my go- to.

The .375 is ok and my .458 is heavy. I have killed a couple moose with both and the 458 is thunderous.

But that dang 9.3 is light in the hand and on recoil. I think I like the 320g more, but that 286 gave a hell of an audible"whop!" this fall and the bull actually flipped over backwards! Never seen anything like that.

I suspect I'll mess around some more, but I expect the 9.3 to be most carried.
27 January 2021, 02:00
Snowwolfe
The last three moose I shot before we moved out of Alaska was with a 9.3 and 286 gr bullets. It taught me not to carry a 375 H&H anymore.


My biggest fear is when I die my wife will sell my guns for what I told her they cost.
27 January 2021, 06:20
Beretta682E
quote:
Originally posted by Scott King:
quote:
Originally posted by Snowwolfe:
quote:
Originally posted by Scott King:
By the way S,
Carried your 9.3 again this fall.
286 partitions.


Glad its still seeing use in AlaskaSmiler


Seems to have become my go- to.

The .375 is ok and my .458 is heavy. I have killed a couple moose with both and the 458 is thunderous.

But that dang 9.3 is light in the hand and on recoil. I think I like the 320g more, but that 286 gave a hell of an audible"whop!" this fall and the bull actually flipped over backwards! Never seen anything like that.

I suspect I'll mess around some more, but I expect the 9.3 to be most carried.


You need a left handed ruger Alaskan in 375 ruger Big Grin

Mike


Every man has a right to his opinion, but no man has a right to be wrong in his facts.

Bernard Baruch
28 January 2021, 04:00
Scott King
Well,

On one hand I say I have pretty much settled on the -06 sized cases, so the 30 cal or 32/35-06 suits me fine as does the 9.3 or mebbe a 375-06.

Then in the next breath I'll wonder about the 400 H&H, the 404/ 375, and about once a year the 505 Gibbs.
2020
I actually had the ruger African 375 and sold it locally. I loaded for it, thought it shot nice, but I just didn't get it.