Find
Notify
Tools

9.3x62 ruger african
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
hello guys,

in the past Ruger was willing to do any custom request like we have seen with the n1 in 303 british.

as a lefty i d really like to have a ruger african in 9.3x62 with no brakes ...

what do you think of it.

they need 250 ordered to start it.

thanks a lot.

Posts: 1721 | Location: Whitehorse, Yukon, Canada. | Registered: 21 May 2006Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
Interesting, but you might be better off rebarreling a .375 Ruger instead of waiting for 249 other orders.

George

Posts: 14623 | Location: San Antonio, TX | Registered: 22 May 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
i will start from that if this is not working that way.

i really like the stock and the sights. plus of course the 9.3x62 cartridge.

Posts: 1721 | Location: Whitehorse, Yukon, Canada. | Registered: 21 May 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Dieseltrucker
posted Hide Post
I’m in. Just 248 to go. I thought of this before. I think a pitch to a big distributor may help.

FWIW, I bought a Cdnn mark 2 Hawkeye in 30-06 and sent to Douglas and rebarreled to 9.3. Mine shoots like a dream, but I would love Irons and a barrel band.

Posts: 240 | Location: Alabama  | Registered: 30 November 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of adamhunter
posted Hide Post
Dang! I did not know Ruger would do that. Especially since they dropped the regular LH Hawkeye....which pisses me off to no end.
I had DPCD rebarrel a LH Hawkeye I had to 9.3x62 earlier this year or I would be on the list.

30+ years experience tells me that perfection hit at .264. Others are adequate but anything before or after is wishful thinking.

Posts: 854 | Location: Atlanta, GA | Registered: 20 December 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
So a LH ruger african in 9.3x62, no brake.

Can we get the bolt handle blued like on the lipseys distributor exlusive africans in 275 ribgy and 6.5x55?

If yes, I will take 2. How do I make this official?

DSC
SCI Life
NRA Life
WSF Life <1 Club

Posts: 177 | Location: Bitterroot Valley, MT | Registered: 02 April 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I went through 18 months of frustration trying to get Ruger to make LH 6.5X55. Lipsey's tried their best but Ruger didn't seem to want to play. I think you are wasting your time. That's why I import LH 9.3X62 and 6.5X55 Zastavas.

Quick, Cheap, or Good: Pick Two

Posts: 2134 | Location: Tennessee | Registered: 18 February 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Vol717:
I went through 18 months of frustration trying to get Ruger to make LH 6.5X55. Lipsey's tried their best but Ruger didn't seem to want to play. I think you are wasting your time. That's why I import LH 9.3X62 and 6.5X55 Zastavas.

my left zastavas are coming from the same place you get them but thank you for the tip.