THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM LEFTIES FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Shooting  Hop To Forums  Lefties    Boddington's Rifle on TV Show??

Moderators: GeorgeS
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Boddington's Rifle on TV Show??
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of Clayman
posted
Lefties,

Just finished watching the latest episode of The Boddington Experience where he was hunting in Pakistan. There were numerous shots of his rifle, a LH model 70 in stainless synthetic and a half-fluted barrel. I'm wondering if this is something custom he had whipped up or if it's a pre-production version of a new factory Winchester LH Model 70. It looked awfully like a factory rifle. Certainly, he would be an ideal candidate for one of the first if they decided to reintroduce them. Anyone have any thoughts on this? Not trying to start rumors (well, maybe I am sofa ), but I've been eagerly-awaiting the day we get those LH rifles back.

Posts: 1225 | Location: Gilbertsville, PA | Registered: 08 December 2005Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
Check his web site. He would probably mention the rifle, especially if he has a promotional arrangement.

George

Posts: 14623 | Location: San Antonio, TX | Registered: 22 May 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Was it a gray color synthetic stock? If so it was probably his rifles inc custom model 70. He has used that rifle all over the world and I believe it is chambered in 300 weatherby.

One of Us
Picture of Clayman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Left hunter:
Was it a gray color synthetic stock? If so it was probably his rifles inc custom model 70. He has used that rifle all over the world and I believe it is chambered in 300 weatherby.

It was! Sounds like what you're describing. He was shooting small deer and mountain antelope, so a 300 Wby might be at home. The stock is what gave me pause in thinking it might be custom, but some of the factory synthetic stocks these days are pretty nice themselves.

Posts: 1225 | Location: Gilbertsville, PA | Registered: 08 December 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
He is in with CZ on limited run rifles. So anything promotional will be with those, no doubt. Guess he left Ruger in the dust after the #1 series and the stupid design ideas he gave them about stocks and brakes

Posts: 2851 | Location: Michigan | Registered: 02 September 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
It is an old custom 300 Wby built by Lex Webernick.

Posts: 2651 | Location: Southwestern Alberta | Registered: 08 March 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ken Cline:
He is in with CZ on limited run rifles.

I saw somewhere that CZ are making 50 of these Boddington limited editions, with 5 of them in LH trim.

Posts: 499 | Location: Melbourne, Australia | Registered: 19 June 2006Reply With Quote