THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM LEFTIES FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Shooting  Hop To Forums  Lefties    savage 220 slug gun 2012, LH

Moderators: GeorgeS
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

savage 220 slug gun 2012, LH
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Looks like a new gun for 2012. Sku:19640

Posts: 1284 | Location: N.J | Registered: 16 October 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
wonder why the 20 ga. only?

Posts: 2851 | Location: Michigan | Registered: 02 September 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I have admired those guns for a while and never thought they would make a lefty. I gave a 12 GA righty to my father years ago and it is very accurate. While I prefer a rifle, I live in a shotgun state and probably do half my deer hunting there. I currently use a 20 GA heavy barrel single shot H&R Slugster and have killed deer very cleanly out to 150 yards - all but 1 were complete pass-thoughs. A 20 is great for deer. Looks like I will need one in left for next fall. Savage has been good to leftys compared to may other manufacturers.

Posts: 129 | Location: Delaware | Registered: 15 January 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ken Cline:
wonder why the 20 ga. only?

In talking to the folks at the local shop, the 20ga slug guns sell 7 (or 8) to 1 for the 12ga version of the same gun. The lefty 20ga will be a welcomed addition to their way of thinking.

Posts: 486 | Location: Moving | Registered: 23 September 2010Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
like many other companys they will come out with the cheaper lowerend shit first just to test the market and if it shows promis they will bring out the full size real deal later.

iv always wanted a savage slug gun but refuse to use a right handed gun heck i wont even buy rifles from a company unless they offer left handed guns in all calibers that they would supply there right handed guns in.

Posts: 2095 | Location: B.C | Registered: 31 January 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Matt Norman
posted Hide Post
The Savage 220 is 20 gauge (only) as it uses a ~modified 110 rifle action. I believe the 210 (12 gauge) uses a bolt action shotgun action.

I've had a 220 (RH) for awhile and shot several deer with it. Using the Federal 20 3" saboted with Barnes 5/8 oz. tip/Expanders it is very accurate at 100 yards and more than adequate for any deer. All that I've shot have been in the 50-70 yard range and they've gone completely through. IF the circumstances were within my comfort zone (I'm very selective and deliberate on my shots) I would feel very comfortable using it at 150 yards.

That it's now offered in LH is a very good thing (my son shoots LH)

Posts: 3276 | Location: Western Slope Colorado, USA | Registered: 17 August 2001Reply With Quote