THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM LEFTIES FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Shooting  Hop To Forums  Lefties    would you buy a LH zastava?
Page 1 2 3 4 5 

Moderators: GeorgeS
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

would you buy a LH zastava?
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
The are making them in the calibers we seek so if you are serious, PM me and I'll take the lead on this thing. How many committed buyers are out there?

Jeff

Posts: 2267 | Location: Maine | Registered: 03 May 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of 470Evans
posted Hide Post

Posts: 1304 | Location: Texas | Registered: 29 August 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Price is important, I am interested but can not committ until I know the caliber and prices.

My biggest fear is when I die my wife will sell my guns for what I told her they cost.

Posts: 6597 | Location: Cumberland Plateau, Tennessee | Registered: 22 February 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Interested, but price and calibers are important.

Posts: 55 | Location: Gretna,NE | Registered: 25 February 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of DuggaBoye
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by pksman:
Interested, but price and calibers are important.

+1

DuggaBoye-O
NRA-Life
Whittington-Life
TSRA-Life
DRSS
DSC
HSC
SCI

Posts: 4593 | Location: TX | Registered: 03 March 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
As I have replied to a couple of other forum members who PM'd me: I have emailed directly to Zastava's Director as well as their Import/Export Office in an attempt to determine exactly what hurdles would have to be overcome to get LH Zastava Mausers into the US.

For the record, I have spoken to their current US Importer, CDNN Investments, about this issue and the guy was a complete tool. Once I get a response I will be happy to inform everyone as to the outcome. Once we know the variables we can make a reasonable decision as to the ultimate feasibility of the idea.

Here is their site where you can see what they have to offer the LH shooter: http://www.zastava-arms.rs/

Good shooting,

Jeff

One of Us
posted Hide Post
This morning I have been successful in securing the importer's willingness to work with us. However, he has yet to give me a number of units needed to secure importation or a price. I have told him we need a price and a number of units before proceeding.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
depending on the price and wether you are trying to get actions, barreled actions or complete guns will dictate how many. ball park is between 1 and 6.

Posts: 977 | Location: Shenandoah Valley VA | Registered: 05 January 2005Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
I have enough guns. I have enough guns. I have enough guns. I have enough guns. I have enough guns. I have enough guns. I have enough guns. I have enough guns. I have enough guns. I have enough guns. I have enough guns. I have enough guns. I have enough guns. I have enough guns.

Maybe if I keep telling myself that, I'll believe it. Big Grin

George

Posts: 14623 | Location: San Antonio, TX | Registered: 22 May 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
maybe

Posts: 291 | Location: San Angelo, TX | Registered: 02 July 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I guess right now I am a maybe. Once price and what is available is figured out I can make final decision.

Good Hunting,

Posts: 3143 | Location: Duluth, GA | Registered: 30 September 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
gentlemen,

the first round of negotiation resulted in the US importer offering to bring in walnut stocked rifles with a 20% premium over the RH models.

NO THIS MAKES NO SENSE AND I AGREE WITH YOU!

depending on caliber this would result in a price range of $600-840 per unit.

well, we can all buy rugers for less money so i have asked about actions and/or barrelled actions and currently await comment from his end.

will update with more info when i have it.

Jeff

One of Us
Picture of Scott King
posted Hide Post
$600-$840.00 is fine with me for a lh mauser action.

I'd assume a bedding job and a better recoil pad but that still buys me a .458 for $1k or so which is better than I've done lately.

I'm in for the 9.3. .375 and .458 at those prices.

Posts: 9033 | Location: Dillingham Alaska | Registered: 10 April 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Is 404 Jeffery an option?

Posts: 190 | Location: Mountains of Virginia | Registered: 09 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I'm like Scott King on the price. I'm good with 600 to 840 for LH Mauser actioned rifle. Put me down for a 375.

Posts: 807 | Location: East Texas | Registered: 03 November 2007Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Fjold
posted Hide Post
For a left handed Mauser, I'm always interested.

I'd prefer an action or barreled action but will buy a complete rifle if that's what it takes.

Frank

"I don't know what there is about buffalo that frightens me so.....He looks like he hates you personally. He looks like you owe him money."
- Robert Ruark, Horn of the Hunter, 1953

NRA Life, SAF Life, CRPA Life, DRSS lite

Posts: 12507 | Location: Kentucky, USA | Registered: 30 December 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I'm in for a LH 375 or 404 or 416 or.......
sbsmith

Posts: 314 | Location: Pagosa Springs, Colorado | Registered: 21 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I see no 40 caliber rifles available, only 375 and 458 win mag. the us importer has told me he doesn't have open licenses for lh actions or barrelled actions and not quite sure what that means so i am running that one down. he suggests i get an order together. it appears we may have interest for about 6 rifles at this stage.

i have emailed zastava directly to inquire about actions and barrelled actions and how that may impact the price since the info i have seen only has shown complete rifle prices which is what i have shared with some forum members.

please allow me to keep working on it and i'll see what i can do and will update as soon as i know more.

thanks for the patience, gentlemen.
jeff

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Gentlemen,

I have an update for all:

I have been pressing the US Importer for help and flexibility with this matter as I know we would all like an alternative in the US market for LH actions. So far, he has been somewhat reticent although willing to help.

Frankly, I'm a little perplexed by his lack of business skills since we are offering to put money in his pocket. At any rate, he is looking for a minimum order of 100k or about 100 rifles. At this point, we do not seem to be at 10 yet so perhaps we could work to piggy back some RH rifles on this to make the number. I dunno. Further, he has not been willing thus far to work with me on actions/barrelled actions vs. complete rifles. As a result, I have emailed Zastava with these questions and will post the results when I get them back.

I'm happy to keep going if everyone else is.

Jeff

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I have been told by someone who regularly imports guns from Europe that Serbia is still the wild west and that you never know what they are going to do except it will always be to try to screw the Amerikans. Good luck on the Zastava actions, but frankly I have had several of them and they are pretty rough.

Quick, Cheap, or Good: Pick Two

Posts: 2140 | Location: Tennessee | Registered: 18 February 2007Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Just as a data point, the LH price in Australia is 10% higher than the RH versions. Only one shipment so far; the next is due late January.

Zastava doesn't offer polymer stock versions in LH, either blued or stainless.

The Australian distributor has brought some bare actions in, but they're around 65% of the price of a complete walnut stock rifle.

Cheers,
Doug

Posts: 337 | Location: Gippsland, Victoria, Australia | Registered: 02 May 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
as a matter of update, gentlemen, I have put together an initial order as that is the only way the US Importer will continue to speak with me. Clearly, noone is obligated to do anything but i needed to get him to give some pricing.

when i receive it back i will post it here and on 24hourcampfire.com

j

One of Us
posted Hide Post
UPDATE:

I again spoke with the USA Importer, whom I have no problem saying publicly is very difficult to deal with, and he tells me he will contact the factory in Serbia by month's end and will have prices. Another member contact me for 2 more 375s today so my order at this point including 24 hourcampfire members has hit 25 rifles in LH configuration.

Essentially gents, we need our feet on the sand price wise so if this guy actually comes around with a number I can report it and then see if additional RH guns will change it in any appreciable way or perhaps some other LH bretheren will jump on board for this deal if it is reasonable to us all.

Jeff

ps I will also post this over on the fire.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
US Importer tells me the order has been sent to zastava and he's currently awaiting pricing.

will report when i get more.

jeff

One of Us
posted Hide Post
UPDATE RE PRICING

according to the US Importer:

7x57 & 9.3x62: $525 USD

375 H&H & 458 Win Mag: $600 USD

All must be prepaid. Where do we stand?

Jeff

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Are these the only calibers offered?

One of Us
posted Hide Post
i posted their link. i think we can assume similar prices on other calibers. but we'd have to ask.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Does the price include all fee's and shipping to your dealer?
Then we are responsible for the shipping to our dealer?
If so, I'll most likely buy at least two, maybe three.
What is the delivery time frame?

My biggest fear is when I die my wife will sell my guns for what I told her they cost.

Posts: 6597 | Location: Cumberland Plateau, Tennessee | Registered: 22 February 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Fjold
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jsl3170:
UPDATE RE PRICING

Jeff

For $600, I'm in for a LH 458 Win Mag.

Let me know when and where to send the payment.

Frank

"I don't know what there is about buffalo that frightens me so.....He looks like he hates you personally. He looks like you owe him money."

Posts: 12507 | Location: Kentucky, USA | Registered: 30 December 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Scott King
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jsl3170:
UPDATE RE PRICING

Jeff

I'm definately in for at least two if not four. I'd like to have a 7x57 just because, a 9.3 since the one I got from Randy is stainless, the .375 since it can be rebarreled and the .458 for the same reason.

I haven't found lh donor actions for any cheaper.

Thanks much for handling this, let me know where to send money to.

Posts: 9033 | Location: Dillingham Alaska | Registered: 10 April 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
jeff,

thanks for your effort. i'm in for two 375's. let me know where and when to send you payment. also do you have an idea as to time and method to disburse them. i assume they will all be shipped to one location and sent out to buyers from there.

thanks,
max

Posts: 977 | Location: Shenandoah Valley VA | Registered: 05 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
guys,

i'll be getting all the nitty gritty details re shipping and terms from the Importer. Please also understand I have no interest in this matter financial or otherwise. I was just sick and tired of not being able to get LH Mausers in the US when I know they are made. It now appears we can do so. Let me get all the needed info to the questions we have on the table and of course I'll post it asap and we can get this bird off the ground.

Jeff

one of us
Picture of Fjold
posted Hide Post
Jeff,

I'm sure that I speak for everyone on here and want to say "Thanks" for all the work you put in setting this up.

Now, can I sneak a second new rifle past Wifezilla? I could always tell her that I haven't bought a new gun all year.

Frank

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Guys, some additional info from US Importer:

1. freight to dealer in lower 48: $20 per gun. I"ll ask about Alaska for you other guys.

2. 90-120 days total turnaround is best estimate from importer.

3. US Importer will need dealer signed FFL by fax or email.

4. if sold to anyone in FL may have sales tax if your dealer does not cover it.

5. checks/money orders will be paid to USSG Corp/sister of EAA who does long guns.

6. minimum order for Zastava is 30 units which it appears we can do.

Let's get all the other questions folks may have answered so we are all comfortable with the transaction. I also think we should give this information about 3-4 weeks to reach others we may know so we can possibly get the order size up. It also appears we can piggy back RH guns onto this.

Jeff

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I might be in for one. Is this the model that you're talking about?

http://www.zastava-arms.rs/cms/index.php?id=234

Just a couple quick questions:

The 375 and the 458 show the same barrel length and the same overall length. Does this mean that they have the same action length? I'd like a 458 that I could rechamber to Lott.

And are replacement drop-in stocks easy to find?

Posts: 89 | Location: SW Washington | Registered: 23 March 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
That is the rifle indeed. I can't answer the replacement stock question nor can I answer the overall action length question. Obviously, there are some differences. Personally, I'm looking for a 7x57 and/or a 9.3x62 to build up into a classic stalking rifle design using a LW barrel and Rechnagel furniture with a walnut stock blank i have sitting in the closet.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
UPDATE FOR OUR ALASKAN FRIENDS RE SHIPPING:

According to the US Importer, while freight to dealer in the Lower 48 is $20/gun, it would be $50/gun in order to send it to the far North. Apparently, the price for paradise...

One of Us
Picture of 470Evans
posted Hide Post
I sent you a pm, I'm in for a 375 and a 9.3x62.

Posts: 1304 | Location: Texas | Registered: 29 August 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
If I understand correctly, as long as we meet the 30 rifle minimum the importer will take each individual order and ship to their respective FFL?

jsl, do we send the money to you and you hang on to it until the magic number is reached?

One of Us
posted Hide Post
no randy, i don't want that level of involvement. i just want to help get this together. that is my understanding.

got it and I believe I responded?

i'll have to count up at this stage and see where we are.

j