THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM LEFTIES FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Shooting  Hop To Forums  Lefties    Winchester Model 70 Lefty in 458

Moderators: GeorgeS
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Winchester Model 70 Lefty in 458
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
I'm guessing that Winchester did not make the left hand model in 458 Win Mag? I see nothing out there about them.

posted Hide Post
They were not a factory offering.

I think the Custom Shop offered the .458 Lott instead.

George

Posts: 14623 | Location: San Antonio, TX | Registered: 22 May 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Toomany Tools
posted Hide Post
I believe the largest caliber available in the left hand model was .375 H&H. I saw one in .416 Remington once but it used an unfired takeoff barrel from a right handed model.

John Farner

If you haven't, please join the NRA!

Posts: 2933 | Location: Corrales, NM, USA | Registered: 07 February 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Clayman
posted Hide Post
This question prompted me to dig through an old Winchester catalog from the late 90's. I remember reading through it when it came out and saw the custom shop guns. They had the Custom African Express that came in a variety of neat DG calibers, and they specifically make mention of them in left hand. It was likely a pricey option, but I'm sure a few snuck out of there in 458 Win.

As far as a factory offering, Toomany Tools hit it on the head. The biggest they went in any of the LH guns (as listed, at least) was 375 H&H.

Posts: 1225 | Location: Gilbertsville, PA | Registered: 08 December 2005Reply With Quote