THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM LEFTIES FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Shooting  Hop To Forums  Lefties    left hand Ruger 10/22 Competition

Moderators: GeorgeS
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

left hand Ruger 10/22 Competition
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Ruger just announced its first left hand 10/22. It’s a competition model. Look on the Ruger website for details.

Yesterday I received an announcement from my distributor about them. I called immediately and ordered two. Within 15 minutes of the announcement all 100 of the guns were sold.

They retail for $899 but they are pretty well ready for competition.

The only drawback that I see is that they use a special left hand rotary magazine.

Quick, Cheap, or Good: Pick Two

Posts: 2134 | Location: Tennessee | Registered: 18 February 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Buglemintoday
posted Hide Post
left hand rotary magazine is interesting, I didn't think about that when I saw the email.

The MSRP made me 2nd guess it. I'm so used to buying 10/22's for 200-300 that $700-$900 is digging into my big gun money.

I'm sure they will be dead reliable and great firearms though.

"Let me start off with two words: Made in America"

Posts: 3315 | Location: Permian Basin | Registered: 16 December 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I bought a 3 pack of lefty magazines directly from Ruger for about $35. 4 mags ought to be enough.

Quick, Cheap, or Good: Pick Two

Posts: 2134 | Location: Tennessee | Registered: 18 February 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of NormanConquest
posted Hide Post
I am just reading the article about this rifle in this issue of American Rifleman.

Never mistake motion for action.

Posts: 17357 | Location: Austin, Texas | Registered: 11 March 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Bugle, I agree that that is a lot of money to spend on a new 22, but I spent more than that on an original Win. 63, but then that's different. I'm left-handed but I grew up shooting right-hand guns. I can not get used to a left-handed bolt rifle.

Posts: 17357 | Location: Austin, Texas | Registered: 11 March 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Shooters world in Orlando had one and I bought it.

They normally sell everything for msrp but had this one marked at $699.

I dont like 10/22 gave my first gun a 10/22 to a friend’s kid.

This one feels more solid and heavy and ejects on the correct side.

I plan to use it as a pcc at my local range matches.

Made up for getting bumped for
Trying to buy a $3200 Noveske space baby this weekend.

Need a nice red dot for it.

Mike

Posts: 13145 | Location: Cocoa Beach, Florida | Registered: 22 July 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
What is a Noveske space baby? I don't know if this related but my son bought his place in line (#160) for the new Tesla cars. Seems like folks are selling their 'in-line' tickets, starting at $2500.00.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by NormanConquest:
What is a Noveske space baby? I don't know if this related but my son bought his place in line (#160) for the new Tesla cars. Seems like folks are selling their 'in-line' tickets, starting at $2500.00.

https://noveske.com/products/n...1-space-baby-pistol/

Mike

Posts: 13145 | Location: Cocoa Beach, Florida | Registered: 22 July 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Shot the gun for the first time. Put a leupold lco on it.

Excellent supper accurate and super fun gun.

no empty case falling on me either.

Mike

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Mike, you need that "Space baby" like another hole in your head.

Posts: 20076 | Location: Very NW NJ up in the Mountains | Registered: 14 June 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Biebs:
Mike, you need that "Space baby" like another hole in your head.

Very true. I think 9mm ppc are a joke. Just get a 300 blackout instead.

Only need one to shoot some fun steel matches at the range.

Mike