Find
Notify
Tools

New Mexico Antelope Report
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of Seamus O'Grady
posted
Hello all. Last night I returned from my first succesful guided hunt in New Mexico for antelope. Mine was taken with a .25-06 and a 115 grain TBBC at 220 yards with one shot. Buck was quartering away when shot. Bullet entered behind left rib cage and traveled through body, taking out the rear part of spinal cord as it went. Bullet stopped on far side of body and took out some of the rear portion of right rib cage. Buck dropped for 3-4 seconds, attempted to stand, did 2 donuts on his front legs, dropped and never moved again. He was dead less than 10 seconds after the bullet hit him. We went with Talisman Hunting in Clayton, NM. Price was $1600 plus license ($211) plus taxidermy and meat processing. My buck only went 11 inches but I was happy for a first big game animal. The outfitter was Chuck Berg and guide was Ronnie.

Posts: 567 | Location: Washington | Registered: 21 February 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Seamus, Do you have a web address for the outfitter? Thanks, Bob

Posts: 915 | Location: Breckenridge, TX, USA | Registered: 24 November 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Seamus O'Grady
posted Hide Post
Yes Bob, the web address is www.talismanhunting.com

Posts: 567 | Location: Washington | Registered: 21 February 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
OK Seamus, Thanks, I'll check them out.

Posts: 915 | Location: Breckenridge, TX, USA | Registered: 24 November 2001Reply With Quote
<1GEEJAY>
posted
Hey Seamus,
Sounded like a great hunt.I hunted antelope, out of Vaugh,NM a few years ago,with Ric Martin.One of the hunters took an antelope that made the book.He is also a very highly respected outfitter.
1geejay
www.shooting-hunting.com [Wink]