ACCURATERELOADING.COM WORLD HUNTING REPORT FORUMS

Moderators: T.Carr
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Brown bear in Romania-hunt photo report.
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of Pir_Danish
posted
Outfitter and PH: Marius Merutiu
www.huntromania.com

Facilitator and booking agent: Alexander Neilson.

Game Sought: Brown Bear in Romania and Roe deers in Hungary.

In April 2016 I headed to Europe to try my luck with the European Brown bear, my good friend Alex had promised me that he will help set this hunt up for me and he was true to his word. I was to hunt with one of the most well reputable professional hunters of Romania Marius. the plan was to fly to Budapest from where i would drive with my Hungarian friend Alex (not to be confused with my friend Alex who set the Bear hunt for me) all the way to Transylvania and on the way back we would be hunting Roe deers in his area.

no self respecting Hungarian would commence such a long journey with no home made palinka

Traditional Hungarian shepherds coat called a 'Suba'

stopped on the way to try some traditional Hungarian Goulash.

region's best wine district.

Posts: 789 | Location: Karachi & London | Registered: 26 February 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Pir_Danish
posted Hide Post

Romania-Hungary border.

Posts: 789 | Location: Karachi & London | Registered: 26 February 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Aziz
posted Hide Post
Congratulations Pir Sahib, well done. Thank you for sharing. Will you be at SCI in Feb.

Regards
Aziz

photo 5a71b091-8ccb-440e-8358-1ba8fe6939cb_zpsga1mmy00.jpg

Posts: 591 | Location: Illinois | Registered: 04 July 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Pir_Danish
posted Hide Post
Thank you Aziz sahb, yes I will be attending SCI this February. Hope to see you there.
Best regards.
Danish

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Well done Danish.....looks like a fantastic trip.

Posts: 2717 | Location: NH | Registered: 03 February 2009Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Fjold
posted Hide Post
That's great! I was considering a Romanian bear hunt in 2018 but since the EU has shut that down, I don't know where to go now.

Frank

"I don't know what there is about buffalo that frightens me so.....He looks like he hates you personally. He looks like you owe him money."
- Robert Ruark, Horn of the Hunter, 1953

NRA Life, SAF Life, CRPA Life, DRSS lite

Posts: 12525 | Location: Kentucky, USA | Registered: 30 December 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Pir_Danish
posted Hide Post
You can still go to Croatia however I have heard the success rate for the bear is not as great as romania. i can PM you Alex's details and he can hook you up.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Very nice! Thanks for posting

Posts: 1789 | Location: Sinton, Texas | Registered: 08 November 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Dieseltrucker
posted Hide Post
Congrats on a fine trip!

Posts: 240 | Location: Alabama  | Registered: 30 November 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Tim Herald
posted Hide Post
Very nice Danish. I am looking forward to hunting with Marius next Sept. I just wish it was for bear like yours ! Congrats my friend.

Good Hunting,

Tim Herald
Worldwide Trophy Adventures
tim@trophyadventures.com

Posts: 2980 | Location: Lexington, KY | Registered: 13 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Is brown bear still an option in Romania/EU? I thought I read in this section that the EU had closed bear hunting along with wolf in member countries.

Posts: 10798 | Location: Somewhere above Tennessee and below Kentucky  | Registered: 31 July 2016Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
thanks for sharing Pir! nice bear and great rip photos

Doug McMann
www.skinnercreekhunts.com
ph# 250-476-1288
Fax # 250-476-1288
PO Box 27
Tatlayoko Lake, BC
Canada
V0L 1W0
email skinnercreek@telus.net

Posts: 1227 | Location:  | Registered: 21 April 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Great
Photos!how do they hunt bears over there? That looks like some wooded country.

Master guide #212
Black River Hunting Camps llc
www.alaska-bearhunting.com

Posts: 1396 | Location: Big lake alaska | Registered: 11 April 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Beautiful photos of a terrific looking hunt! I hunted with Marius a couple years ago and had a wonderful time.

"I speak of Africa and golden joys; the joy of wandering through lonely lands; the joy of hunting the mighty and terrible lords of the wilderness, the cunning, the wary and the grim."
Theodore Roosevelt, Khartoum, March 15, 1910

Posts: 250 | Location: Central Massachusetts | Registered: 02 June 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ManuelM
posted Hide Post
Beautiful country, pictures and bear! Seems like a great trip, congratulations and thanks for sharing it with us!

Manuel Maldonado
MM Sonoran Desert Hunters
https://www.facebook.com/huntingMM

Posts: 530 | Location: Hermosillo, Sonora | Registered: 06 May 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Pir_Danish
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by LHeym500:
Is brown bear still an option in Romania/EU? I thought I read in this section that the EU had closed bear hunting along with wolf in member countries.

yes Romania has now banned Bear and wolf hunting. Croatia is still open though. i am glad i got my bear before the ban. :-)

One of Us
Picture of Pir_Danish
posted Hide Post
thanks friends, thanks Manuel, hope to visit your beautiful country some day :-)

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Mr. Danish:

Thank you for the info. I also apologize as I did not mean to insinuate that you hunted illegally. I was hoping the ban had been lifted or that I was wrong.

Posts: 10798 | Location: Somewhere above Tennessee and below Kentucky  | Registered: 31 July 2016Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Pir_Danish
posted Hide Post
quote:
Mr. Danish:

Thank you for the info. I also apologize as I did not mean to insinuate that you hunted illegally. I was hoping the ban had been lifted or that I was wrong.

No apology needed sir. :-)
i have heard they might open Romania sometime next year for bear but no one can say for sure. until then Croatia is an option however the success rate is not 100% there and from what i have heard the bears art quite as big in size as their Romanian cousins.

One of Us
Picture of Pir_Danish
posted Hide Post
quote:
Mr. Danish:

I also apologize as I did not mean to insinuate that you hunted illegally. I was hoping the ban had been lifted or that I was wrong.

No apology needed sir. :-)
i have heard they might open Romania sometime next year for bear but no one can say for sure. until then Croatia is an option however the success rate is not 100% there and from what i have heard the bears art quite as big in size as their Romanian cousins.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Great report. Beautiful country

Go Duke!!

Posts: 1283 | Location: Texas | Registered: 25 January 2009Reply With Quote