Find
Notify
Tools

Montana deer and Cow Elk 2022
 Login/Join

one of us
posted

Tim was always cold.

Initially Tony Piscopo/Continental Divide Outfitters got in touch with me last year concerning a rifle I had for sale and he later bought it.

During our conversations Tony said he was an outfitter in Montana for deer and elk. He was also open to working with agents. The more I talked to Tony the better impression I got of him and what he could offer so we made a deal for a hunt in 2022.

initially I had the whole ranch booked Nov 5-9 for my group but health issues hampered some of my hunters so it was just myself and Tim V. that actually went on the hunt. This was Tim's first guided North American hunt and he was very excited.

Flights went fine and we arrived Billings without incident. Tony and Duke Tim's guide met us and we were on our way North to Musselshell, MT.

First 3 days of our hunt were warm, windy and with a full moon. Anybody that has hunted deer and particularly whitetails knows these are not ideal conditions. We saw only a few deer and elk during those 3 days. Day 4-5 were snowy, single digit cold and the animals were moving.

I concentrated on a whitetail and as always, they were my bugga boo. I saw quite few bucks but the bigger bucks were always "Way over there". I did shoot the buck pictured on day 4 but on a future hunt I think I would have done much better a week later without the full moon. Maybe I could just have some whitetail luck!

Day 5 we concentrated on the elk and found about 75 head 5 minutes from the ranch house. They were way out in the open so we decided to drive right at them and risk spooking the herd and having to make a long shot. They did spook at 300 yards but one big cow did stand clear and she'll be in my freezer next week.

Tim in the meantime was having a tough time. he had multiple chances to shoot a mulie but it just didn't work out for him. He's got to be the best of the best clients as he didn't kill anything but said he enjoyed every minute of the whole experience.

Camp was in a 1950's ranch house that was well kept and super clean. Tim and I had a large bedroom with two double beds and were very comfortable. Linens and towels were provided. The shower had lots of hot water and the food was good and plentiful.

All the guides and the cooks knew there business and were fun to be around.

Back to the rifle. Tony bought a 30-06 from me for a client rifle. The gun is very accurate and I always felt comfortable with it so I did not pack a rifle to Montana. Thought that worked out pretty slick being able to use a rifle I'm intimately familiar with but not having to fly with it!!!!!!!!!

In the next few days I'll be posting an updated ad for this hunt.

Mark

MARK H. YOUNG
MARK'S EXCLUSIVE ADVENTURES
7094 Oakleigh Dr. Las Vegas, NV 89110
Office 702-848-1693
Cell, Whats App, Signal 307-250-1156 PREFERRED
E-mail markttc@msn.com
Check us out on https://www.facebook.com/pages...ures/627027353990716

Posts: 12859 | Location: LAS VEGAS, NV USA | Registered: 04 August 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Well done Mark!

I miss having Elk in the freezer.

Posts: 129 | Location: west MN | Registered: 22 September 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Oh my, it looks COLD. Sounds like you had fun though. I think it would be a fun hunt with a buddy and put some tasty elk meat in the freezer.

one of us
posted Hide Post
Randy,

That is easily arranged for a fair price.

Mark

MARK H. YOUNG
MARK'S EXCLUSIVE ADVENTURES
7094 Oakleigh Dr. Las Vegas, NV 89110
Office 702-848-1693
Cell, Whats App, Signal 307-250-1156 PREFERRED
E-mail markttc@msn.com
Check us out on https://www.facebook.com/pages...ures/627027353990716

Posts: 12859 | Location: LAS VEGAS, NV USA | Registered: 04 August 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Use Enough Gun
posted Hide Post
Nice job Mark! tu2