New
Find
Notify
Tools

Australia Cull Buffalo hunt
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
2022 has been a great year so far for all my clients. With clients completed hunts in:

Masailand Tanzania - all masailand species
Greenland - Musk Ox
Bulgaria - Capercallie and boar
Romania - roe deer (me)
Cameroon - forest species - bongo, forest sitatunga and duikers
Botswana - plains game
Canada - black bear (this was a disaster because of the freaky cold weather. The next week hunters took some real monsters!

And most recently I just had a couple of clients return from Australia who took along their sons as well. The plan was to do a cull buffalo hunt, but they got tempted there and also shot some trophy buff. I believe the total bag was around 20 buffalo and some donkeys.

In their own words:

Arjun -

You can definitely sell this hunt with confidence! Midway through the trip, Chuck said this hunt "ranked in his top 3" which really says a lot. He is an accomplished hunter who has experienced a broad range of do it yourself and guided hunts - all with successful outcomes and trophy class animals to show for his efforts and sacrifice.

The cull hunt was ideal for all of us for so many reasons - lots of action and a perfect bonding opportunity with our sons. Our boys very much enjoyed the adventure. It is interesting that we knew of no one that has hunted water buffalo (prior to us going there), and so expectations were low.

We experienced it all while there, including the Lodge for one night. That is a neat place and very suitable for all hunters and guests especially if they need to be connected via the internet. The tented camp was also very comfortable and we very much enjoyed our time along the river where we saw spectacular sunsets, various birds, insects and had a true Outback experience.

The water buffalo are plentiful and we respect them for what they are. He has great guns and we got plenty of shooting. The water buffalo is a hearty and stout animal that "eats lead" better than Mohamed Ali took punches.

As the saying goes a picture says a thousand words! Some photos from their trip, which says everything:

Darwin Sunset

They were using a hired 375 H&H and reported that aside from a couple of buff most of them needed more than one shot to go down. They also observed that body wise some were bigger than cape buff! In terms of behaviour they said they experienced buffalo that took off on sight or were very spooky to some that allowed them to approach close.

I will be posting the 2023 prices as soon as I get them. I am also looking to arrange an AR group hunt. If anyone is interested please send me a PM so I can send details and get you on a list as space will be limited. We can offer hunts from a nice lodge or also a tented camp. Aside from buffalo can also arrange Banteng. Other species are scrub bulls, donkeys and boar.

Thanks for your time.

Arjun Reddy
Hunters Networks LLC
www.huntersnetworks.com
30 Ivy Hill Road
Brewster, NY 10509
Tel: +1 845 259 3628

Posts: 2536 | Location: New York, USA | Registered: 13 March 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
PM sent.

Hunting.... it's not everything, it's the only thing.

Posts: 2016 | Location: New Zealand's North Island | Registered: 13 November 2014Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I did a cull hunt there several years ago. The fellow had a crocodile farm so he took the meat and used to feed his crocs. We had a blast, buffalo are every where. Is there a fee for the ones you shoot?

One of Us
posted Hide Post
PM sent to reddy 375 and 30.06king

Posts: 294 | Location: New Zealand  | Registered: 24 March 2018Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Sent a reply in PM to you Paul.
Cheers.

Hunting.... it's not everything, it's the only thing.

Posts: 2016 | Location: New Zealand's North Island | Registered: 13 November 2014Reply With Quote