Find
Notify
Tools

Gould’s Turkey
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
FYI
I just got back from a successful Gould’s turkey hunt in the mountains of west central Mexico. My bird was 21.1 lbs, 9.25” beard. I could have taken several the same size. Best bird taken by other hunters was 23.9 lbs, 11” beard.
Hardly any spurs on these bird, worn down pretty good.

Flew in to Durango, Mexico. Private 56 thousand acre ranch with near perfect success. Great food and nice Hacienda.

I booked my hunt through a taxidermist in Breaux Bridge, LA, named David Luke. He has 3 hunts dedicated exclusively to him and his group every year.

Cheers

BUTCH

C'est Tout Bon
(It is all good)

Posts: 1925 | Location: Lafayette, LA | Registered: 05 October 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Congratulations Butch, please post a photo.

Arjun Reddy
Hunters Networks LLC
30 Ivy Hill Road
Brewster, NY 10509
Tel: +1 845 259 3628

Posts: 2532 | Location: New York, USA | Registered: 13 March 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Sounds like a blast. I have been looking at that hunt for a couple of years but can't talk a friend into going. Doesn't David Luke have a hunt for the Ocellated Turkey? Could you give me his contact info? What would the possibility of combining them on the same trip?

One of Us
posted Hide Post
PM sent

BUTCH

C'est Tout Bon
(It is all good)

Posts: 1925 | Location: Lafayette, LA | Registered: 05 October 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of safari-lawyer
posted Hide Post
Good job, Butch. I went and did this in 2019. Good time for sure.

Will J. Parks, III

Posts: 2988 | Location: Alabama USA | Registered: 09 July 2009Reply With Quote