New
Find
Notify
Tools

Climate change; Polar bear
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Well they finally confessed that the pic that went viral over the internet showing a starving polar bear could not be confirmed to climate change.
The bear could have been old, sick or injured. They said the story was sent with a message that the author or photographer had no intention of confirming. Their sentiment was to illustrate what"could" happen if there was climate change.
Another photo misrepresented by the anti's.
I believe it was stated it was the most viewed photo on National Geographic ever.
Unfortunately few will note this recent release.

EZ

Posts: 3256 | Location: Texas | Registered: 06 January 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thank you for the update.

George

"Gun Control is NOT about Guns'
"It's about Control!!"
Join the NRA today!"

LM: NRA, DAV,

George L. Dwight

Posts: 5935 | Location: Pueblo, CO | Registered: 31 January 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by eezridr:
Well they finally confessed that the pic that went viral over the internet showing a starving polar bear could not be confirmed to climate change.
The bear could have been old, sick or injured. They said the story was sent with a message that the author or photographer had no intention of confirming. Their sentiment was to illustrate what"could" happen if there was climate change.
Another photo misrepresented by the anti's.
I believe it was stated it was the most viewed photo on National Geographic ever.
Unfortunately few will note this recent release.

EZ

More Polar bears in the state of Alaska now than ever in recorded time.

Posts: 2349 | Location: KENAI, ALASKA | Registered: 10 November 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of BaxterB
posted Hide Post
Can you post a link to the story?

one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BaxterB:

???? what story
call ADF&G in what used to be Barrow

Posts: 2349 | Location: KENAI, ALASKA | Registered: 10 November 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of BaxterB
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by tsturm:
quote:
Originally posted by BaxterB:

???? what story
call ADF&G in what used to be Barrow

Eh, OP said “they finally confessed” , I’m just trying to find out who “they” are and where all this was reported. Pretty straight forward.

One of Us
Picture of JCS271
posted Hide Post
I read that article myself. I think it was either in the July or August issue of National Geographic magazine..

https://www.nationalgeographic...ng-polar-bear-photo/

"The difference between adventure and disaster is preparation."
"The problem with quoting info from the internet is that you can never be sure it is accurate" Abraham Lincoln

Posts: 1626 | Location: Montana Territory | Registered: 27 March 2010Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Apparently ours aren't faring as badly as they claim. Smiler

https://globalnews.ca/news/465...tion-climate-change/

grizz

Indeed, no human being has yet lived under conditions which, considering the prevailing climates of the past, can be regarded as normal. John E Pfeiffer, The Emergence of Man

Those who can't skin, can hold a leg. Abraham Lincoln

Only one war at a time. Abe Again.

Posts: 4211 | Location: Alta. Canada | Registered: 06 November 2002Reply With Quote