Find
Notify
Tools

Client Nightmare
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Highlander,
I did some digging, this guy is now on the BOD of the Phoenix Chapter. I have his phone, address and e-mail if you want it PM me
Chipolopolo

Posts: 376 | Location: Phoenix AZ | Registered: 21 September 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Oh how the plot thickens, Whilst finding this guy's details from some pals on the BOD phoenix chapter SCI, which 007 in on. I was informed that he puchased at the feb 28th fundraiser a plains game hunt donated by my good friends the DuPlooy's in Zambia (per my request). Now WTF?

Shall I just send this thread to Laura DuPlooy? and let her decide? This is the perfect donation for 007 to burn them on. EVERYTHING paid but trophy fee's

Chipolopolo

Posts: 376 | Location: Phoenix AZ | Registered: 21 September 2008Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of jb
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by chipolopolo:
Oh how the plot thickens, Whilst finding this guy's details from some pals on the BOD phoenix chapter SCI, which 007 in on. I was informed that he puchased at the feb 28th fundraiser a plains game hunt donated by my good friends the DuPlooy's in Zambia (per my request). Now WTF?

Shall I just send this thread to Laura DuPlooy? and let her decide? This is the perfect donation for 007 to burn them on. EVERYTHING paid but trophy fee's

Chipolopolo

I thought you were going to do some arm twisting?

SI VIS PACEM PARA BELLUM

Posts: 2937 | Location: minnesota | Registered: 26 December 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I am waiting for a reply from highlander before I contact him. I was not in attendance at our fundraiser or I would have out bid him just to cover the DuPlooy's.
Chipolopolo

one of us
posted Hide Post
Chipolopolo,
I certainly think you should give Laura and Johnny a heads up on this guy. Make sure they collect trophy fees etc as they go or make damn sure he dosnt leave the country until the money is transfered. If they are friends as you say you certainly owe them this much. Second did we ever post this guys real name or did I miss it? Last I think you should apply some pressure with your buddies on the BOD about this. As far as I am concerned this guy is a thief and as such deserves no consideration. Throw the bum out.

Happiness is a warm gun

Posts: 4106 | Location: USA | Registered: 06 March 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Mike,
I e-mail Laura to tell her to look at this post.I told her I would call him to warn him not to burn them as we are on to his game.
Chipolopolo

One of Us
Picture of Jon2
posted Hide Post
If I were the outfitter I would cancel his booking> I wouldn't let him land on my premises under any circumstances.

Posts: 596 | Location: Cheshire, England | Registered: 06 March 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Jon,
As would I, I have no doubt he will attempt to pull the same shit on the DuPlooy's. They are way to good of people to hunt people like him with no character.
Chipolopolo

One of Us
Picture of highlander
posted Hide Post
Sorry for not getting back sooner,I've been out there doing what I do best,guiding. Had a few early roars from a stag or 3 ,we feed it an arrow and did the same to a bull tahr ,so a great start for us.
NOW finally someone else around this place is of the same opinion on Roger ... Moore as I.
Deal to him in any manor that you feel you need to, please, it makes NO difference to us what you say or do, I've given up the chase. BUT the whole intention here was to warn others to stay well away, I expect you to do just that when it cames to dealings with Roger.
DuPlooys need to stay well away

Posts: 263 | Location: New Zealand | Registered: 08 June 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of jb
posted Hide Post
come on now,highlander,dont let him get away with it,make him pay,or dammit, I want to come hunt with you and not pay either. Confused

SI VIS PACEM PARA BELLUM

Posts: 2937 | Location: minnesota | Registered: 26 December 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of highlander
posted Hide Post
You'll pay double for that comment jb!
Lets say that like the elephant I have along memory.
Revenge is a dish best served cold and I will have my moment with Tracks Thru Time and the Moores.
Who knows when or where but it should concern the Moores way more than it concerns me.
As my lawyer advised me, if you are going to point a gun at someone,then you had better be prepared to pull the trigger!
That SCI and other organisations that I have sent warnings to about the Moores have not followed up on these warnings I'm a tad disappointed that some action has'nt been taken .. but like me it all gets a tad to hard after 12 months

One of Us
posted Hide Post
highlander,

You've done right by warning what is a small community. This lout sold his honor. He should know the consequences. Honest men abhor dishonest ones.

Here's a case where a similar small community outed a scumbag, and made his life miserable. http://forums.signonsandiego.c...owthread.php?t=54121

-nosualc

Beware the fury of an aroused democracy. -Ike

Posts: 124 | Location: land of sky blue waters | Registered: 30 January 2008Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
It is appalling that SCI will not deal with a chapter BOARD MEMBER pulling this kind of stunt. But I am not surprised. I was taken by the local SCI Chapter in the OAA scandal. SCI was suddenly no where to be found. They have a track record of not policing their Chapters and senior members. How they can claim to be "First for Hunters" when they are regularly involved in scamming those same hunters / outfitters is beyond me. Shame on Roger and shame on Phoenix SCI, and SCI International.

Bill

Posts: 1088 | Location: Salt Lake City, Utah, USA | Registered: 19 March 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post

Posts: 3785 | Location: B.C. Canada | Registered: 08 November 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
So Roger Moore is this guys real name. Do we have any evidence of him ripping off any other outfitters besides this one? It would go a long way building a case against this "gentleman". I would also like to hear what SCI has had to say about this, both on the local and the international level. I will need some actual facts if I am going to apply pressure. I dont know if I will succeed or not but I am willing to try. Send me the details via PM and I will see what I can do.

Happiness is a warm gun

One of Us
Picture of drummondlindsey
posted Hide Post
Is this a picture of the stag he took?

http://www.phxsci.org/rmoore.htm

What a douche bag

Drummond

Posts: 2092 | Location: Windsor, CO | Registered: 06 December 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Just curious but I wonder how many different boards this story has been copied too?
Pictures, and name and events.

Copies mailed to the other SCI board members as well.
Actions like that just may well prevent others from doing the same.
Plus the dink deserves it.

(When I was a kid my father used to tell me that God hated a coward, I finally realized he has even less use for a fool.)

Posts: 887 | Location: Northwest Az | Registered: 19 March 2008Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of jb
posted Hide Post
lets flood ALL of the email addresses on that site-that'll get several peoples attention who know the dirt bag.His phone will be ringing for sure.Or,maybe we should wait for chipolopolo to give us the word,I wouldnt want to interfere.

phoenix sci chapter email list http://www.phxsci.org/officerscontent1.htm

SI VIS PACEM PARA BELLUM

one of us
posted Hide Post
Excellent suggestion JB. I still need speifics so I can make some phone calls. I believe the outfitter but am not willing to go out on a limb without the hard facts.

Happiness is a warm gun

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Highlander,
Been away, will contact this useless fuck tomm.
Will advise.
Chipolopolo

One of Us
Picture of highlander
posted Hide Post
Guys, there are always 2 sides to a story and I have a pretty good idea what Roger Moore side will be. I stand by my word and outfit with this.
I truly feel that once Roger Moore figures out that the little irration in his side from NZ is gaining some real and serious support that his attitude will change.
I have a full and complete paper trail here that with clearly show the facts for what they are.
Personnally I don't want or expect anyone to go out on a limb. BUT I sure as hell want my money and this guy put out of business before he repeats the stunt he pulled on us.
Yes drummondlindsay those are the animals.Which are still with the taxidermist here in NZ and will NOT be heading to Phx until the account with us is settled and with the taxidermist.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
JB
flooding the chapter with E-mail will have exactly Zero effect, I was member of that BOD for 7 years. I had to leave, these guys are all a bunch of elitist that judge you on what you drive and how many knots your plane can fly rather than than your character or work ethic within the board.
Chipolopolo

one of us
Picture of jb
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by chipolopolo:
JB
flooding the chapter with E-mail will have exactly Zero effect, I was member of that BOD for 7 years. I had to leave, these guys are all a bunch of elitist that judge you on what you drive and how many knots your plane can fly rather than than your character or work ethic within the board.
Chipolopolo

Do you think they all (phoenix chapter BOD) know about it and dont care?

SI VIS PACEM PARA BELLUM

One of Us
posted Hide Post
JB
The VP gave me the info he purchased the Zambia PG hunt, I told him why I was looking into it and his only reply was, "he seems like good guy". It's purely a social thing, I was like the proverbial terd in a punch bowl around these guys. Highlander and I have been working on it.
Chipolopolo

One of Us
posted Hide Post
How difficult is it to identify Mr. Moore's business, his associates, suppliers, clients, etc.? The same question for those in administrative positions in the SCI chapter?

Perhaps SCI membership is insensitive to suggestions to investigate this particular problem. How sensitive are these people to information being passed to their business contacts? The information, making no value judgments or defamatory accusations, might move people to do the right thing -- in their self interest.

As Al Capone said: You can get more with a kind word -- and a gun -- than with just a kind word.

It's so simple to be wise. Just think of something stupid to say and then don't say it. Sam Levinson

Posts: 1496 | Location: Seeley Lake | Registered: 21 November 2007Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of jb
posted Hide Post
just wondering if there has been any progress on this subject?

SI VIS PACEM PARA BELLUM

One of Us
Picture of 404WJJeffery
posted Hide Post
Highlander

Try this:

Write up your story, with the angle that this guy is on the Borad f Directors at SCI Phoenix, has photos of animals he shot with you but didn't pay up on the SCI site, and that he is reneging on his promise to pay

and send it to

The Arizona Republic newsroom:

newstips@arizonarepublic.com

It just may be an article someone will run with and publish.

The Arizona Republic is a well respected newspaper and has an online site as well.

their site

"Are you gonna pull them pistols,...or whistle Dixie??"

Josie Wales 1866

Posts: 1489 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: 19 July 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Another Arizona guy was known for doing this. He started a booking agency also.

Talk about resorecting a post from the past!

Posts: 600 | Location: England  | Registered: 07 June 2016Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of 505 gibbs
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Llamapacker:
It is appalling that SCI will not deal with a chapter BOARD MEMBER pulling this kind of stunt. But I am not surprised. I was taken by the local SCI Chapter in the OAA scandal. SCI was suddenly no where to be found. They have a track record of not policing their Chapters and senior members. How they can claim to be "First for Hunters" when they are regularly involved in scamming those same hunters / outfitters is beyond me. Shame on Roger and shame on Phoenix SCI, and SCI International.

Bill

Mr. Phife,
Didn't you go prison style on Nixon Dzingai's backside some years back? Don't remember the details but $25k and some disputed travelers checks rings a bell? Whatever happened with that?

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Just read thru all this.

Was anything ever accomplished or collected in this case? The curious would like to know.

Thanks,

George

"Gun Control is NOT about Guns'
"It's about Control!!"
Join the NRA today!"

LM: NRA, DAV,

George L. Dwight

Posts: 5935 | Location: Pueblo, CO | Registered: 31 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I despise dishonest people.....like in a medieval way.

Liberalism is a mental disorder.

Posts: 246 | Location: US of A | Registered: 03 April 2020Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Big Wonderful Wyoming
posted Hide Post
The original claimant is someone I met at a hunting show.

Didn't care for him, and wouldn't hunt with him. He is a really hard sale kind of guy, and I don't operate with those people.

I really want to know the other side of the story.

Posts: 7763 | Location: Das heimat! | Registered: 10 October 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Hire a lawyer in the state/city where he lives. Send them copies of all of your papertrail. Sue the crap out of him. Ad the cost of the lawyer. It will get his attention and maybe provoke him to pay up.

Guns and hunting

Posts: 1096 | Registered: 07 February 2017Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
By the looks of it, and the economic right now,

I think a thousand bucks in the right hands would cause this crook a bit of physical misery!

That is the best form of action! clap

www.accuratereloading.com
Instagram : ganyana2000

Posts: 66835 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Huvius
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Saeed:
...I think a thousand bucks in the right hands would cause this crook a bit of physical misery!

My Grand Uncle would say, "God is a busy man, and sometimes he appreciates the help"

Posts: 3232 | Location: Colorado U.S.A. | Registered: 24 December 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Saeed:
By the looks of it, and the economic right now,

I think a thousand bucks in the right hands would cause this crook a bit of physical misery!

You better make damn sure it's the right person. Wink

Liberalism is a mental disorder.

Posts: 246 | Location: US of A | Registered: 03 April 2020Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Suing for a relatively small amount is not economically efficient unless the loser has to pay the legal fees . Even then collecting is not assured . Most scum bags like this guy are judgment proof.

Personally , I’d rattle his cage a bit with a letter from a lawyer. I doubt I would sue. Simply costs too much with no assurance of ever collecting .

Posts: 11926 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: 26 January 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Bill/Oregon
posted Hide Post
Guessing maybe after 14 years the statute of limitations has tolled?

There is hope, even when your brain tells you there isn’t.
– John Green, author

Posts: 16319 | Location: Sweetwater, TX | Registered: 03 June 2000Reply With Quote