New Zealand Chamois
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of NitroX
posted Hide Post
Macawber

quote:
"when we found it was a woman you stopped firing"
You need to get a new seeing eye dog. The photos have been up at the beginning of this thread the entire time [Cool] [Cool] [Cool] (ie blind as a bat)

Posts: 10138 | Location: Wine Country, Barossa Valley, Australia | Registered: 06 March 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
One more try,should do this time.. [Smile]
Fernando  -  -  -
[Smile] [Smile] [Smile] [Smile]
Thanks for the help.
Fernando

Posts: 66 | Location: Bethel New York USA | Registered: 01 April 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Fernando Glad you got those impressive trophies posted!!!! The weather for your tahr hunt was indeed dreary, but you brightened things up. Congratulations! D. Nelson

one of us
posted Hide Post
One more picture of one of the bridges tha we had to cross in order to get to the Upper Scone.I had to get that picture taken.
Fernando  -
[Smile]

Posts: 66 | Location: Bethel New York USA | Registered: 01 April 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of NitroX
posted Hide Post
Fernando

Those are some nice tahr that you have there. Did you get three different animals or is one of the pair also the individual animal?

Nice Rocky Mountain goat too. [Smile]

Posts: 10138 | Location: Wine Country, Barossa Valley, Australia | Registered: 06 March 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Thanks NitroX,they are 3 different animals,love the Mountain hunting,hunted your country also this year,was down in Victoria and NSW,got two Rusa stags,also great hunting,tried for Sambar but no luck,that's why the phrase (next year)sounds great. [Smile]  -  -
Fernando [Smile] [Smile]

One of Us
Picture of NitroX
posted Hide Post
Fernando

That second Rusa looks to me like it has a lot of sambar blood in it. Rusa and Sambar will cross-breed if in the same range.

[ 09-23-2003, 08:17: Message edited by: NitroX ]

one of us
posted Hide Post
NitroX
As far as I know, there is no Sambar in the area where I got it.Saw some Sambar stags and they sure look great,there has to be a reason why I'm going back. [Smile] [Wink]
Fernando

One of Us
Picture of vapodog
posted Hide Post
My friends once picked me up and took me hunting when I couldn't walk....I'll never forget that.....it was forty years ago and it's like yesterday......enuf said....

D. Nelson, I'll never be able to afford to hunt all the places in the world. Photos like yours and your stories are what makes the difference......

I thank you for your posts.

Posts: 28849 | Location: western Nebraska | Registered: 27 May 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
NitroX
It has taken me time to respond to your smug reply. I have been through a hell of a year, I lost my home in the Canberra fire, all of my animals except, my Lab, and then I lose him. Well you said I needed a new seeing eye dog ,because of my post about a person who gets dropped next to a animal to shoot a thar. Listen mate get stuffed

Posts: 85 | Location: Australia | Registered: 30 October 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Another thing stop pointing your silly assed gun at everybody

Posts: 85 | Location: Australia | Registered: 30 October 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of NitroX
posted Hide Post
Macawber

.. .... .... .. . ... ... .. ..... ...

That's some braille for you. Don't go around calling people "spineless" unless you can take what comes back. If you have got personal problems don't take them out on other people.

As said the photos of a blonde woman beside a chamois have been there in front of your face since this thread started.

The reason people changed the tone was this lady obviously thought that is the way the "hunts" are done in NZ and for a lot of them she isn't that far off as you would (or should) well know.

PS Sorry to hear about your Lab.

PPS Here's that bloody "gun" again [Razz]

one of us
posted Hide Post
millsie67 I saw a video called Venison Hunters about the history of the venison meat industry. But I don't think this is the documentary you are referring to. D. Nelson

<JOHAN>
posted
Fernando

Very nice trohpy's

What type of caliber/rifle did you use for the billy goat and thar's?

Cheers
/ JOHAN

one of us
posted Hide Post
Thank you, JOHAN
Used a Winchester in 300 magnum with sinthetic stock,on my first goat I used a 338 with a
beautifull wood stock,by the time I finished that hunt my gun looked like it had been thrown down the mountain.
Hunted in your part of the world a couple of years back and got my first Roebuck. [Smile]
Fernando

one of us
posted Hide Post
If you are having trouble with your camping gear then buy the gear designed for and made in NZ. It is very good quality, e.g., Macpac, Fairydown, etc.
I was interested that you shot tahr in the Whataroa. I shot chamois there 20 years ago when they were just colonizing the area but there were not tahr in our three weeks.

<JOHAN>
posted
Fernando
Good to hear that it was a 300. I expected a 270 or simular [Big Grin]

Soo you used 338 for goat? I guess you primary was looking for a big bear and the cover up reason was goat [Big Grin]

Did you use the 300 for the Thar's?

Soo, you have managed to bag a roe buck, I guess next is a siberian roe [Smile]

/ JOHAN