Find
Notify
Tools

Azerbaijan?
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Hi:

Just recevied an email extolling the virtues of hunting both big and small game in Azerbaijan. They have among others, wild boar, tur, chamois,and waterfowling. The company is Musado Hunting Company based in Baku, Azer. Does anyone in here know of them, or have ANY experience in Azerbaijan. I am particularly interested in the waterfowling. Any information would be appreciated. Thanks.

xxxxxxxxxx
When considering US based operations of guides/outfitters, check and see if they are NRA members. If not, why support someone who doesn't support us? Consider spending your money elsewhere.

NEVER, EVER book a hunt with BLAIR WORLDWIDE HUNTING or JEFF BLAIR.

I have come to understand that in hunting, the goal is not the goal but the process.

Posts: 17099 | Location: Texas USA | Registered: 07 May 2001Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
Dear friend!

My name is Sabutay Nasirli - Director of Musado Hunting Company.

We are young purposeful company organizing hunting in Azerbaijan on Dagestan Tur, Bear, Roe Deer, Chamois, Wild Boar etc. As a company we have been working for 4 years So we are known not only in Europe, but also all around the world. Already we have partners in many countries of the world, such as Italy, France, USA, Malta, Spain, Denmark, Namibia, UAE, Pakistan, Lithonia, Kyrgyzstan, Kazakhstan, Alaska, Ukraine, Russia etc.

Also we can organize for You combined hunting on Tur, Bear and Roe Deer. You can hunt on each of these 3 animals in the same time and in the same area.

So it can be very interesting, useful and profitable for You.

Just now we have a season for water fowling birds - Ducks, Gees and Woodcock, Partridge, Quail, Wild Pigeon, Houbara (Small Bustard), Rabbits and etc.

We can organize Falconery hunt.

Please let us know what do You think about our proposal.

You also can visit our web-site http://www.musadohunting.com/

If You have any more questions, so don't hesitate to ask us.

Sabutay

one of us
posted Hide Post
Azerbaijan has the biggest Eastern (or Dagestan) Tur in the World. All (almost?) the best trophies come out of that country - by quite a margin. A lot of the hunting traditionally has been based on drives, though. I've always thought that made picking out a good trophy somewhat of a gamble.

I'm not aware of anybody having hunted for other species in Azerbaijan, but further west in the Caucasus, species such as red deer, chamois, roe and wild boar are readily found. In general, Caucasus is as steep and as wild as it comes. Lovely country!

You probably should ask regarding security in the area they offer for hunting (plus security when in town and on the roads). The conflict in Chechnia has had a nasty habit of spilling over into neighbouring states. Dagestan, Ossetia etc. have all been affected in tragic ways by the Chechnian conflict.

- mike

The rifle is a noble weapon... It entices its bearer into primeval forests, into mountains and deserts untenanted by man. - Horace Kephart

Posts: 6653 | Location: Switzerland | Registered: 11 March 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Sabutay:

Since I have had no response as of yet, I am posting a copy of an email here that I sent you a couple of days back. Since you almost immediately responded to my above post, I believe it is possible that my email got "lost" or blocked by your computer's system. Copy follows:

Sir:

Received your email and your company and country look interesting to me. I am particularly interested in the waterfowling. How much does the 5 days of hunting trip cost? What are the normal types of ducks/geese shot? How many? Are shotgun shells available locally and how much do they cost? How many guns (rifle or shotguns) can one individual bring in? What is the best season for waterfowling in your hunting area? Thanks and looking forward to your reply.

xxxxxxxxxx
When considering US based operations of guides/outfitters, check and see if they are NRA members. If not, why support someone who doesn't support us? Consider spending your money elsewhere.

NEVER, EVER book a hunt with BLAIR WORLDWIDE HUNTING or JEFF BLAIR.

I have come to understand that in hunting, the goal is not the goal but the process.

Posts: 17099 | Location: Texas USA | Registered: 07 May 2001Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
Dear Gatogordo,

Do you want my email address?

info@musadohunting.com

Excuse me lately reply.

You also can visit our web-site http://www.musadohunting.com/

If You have any more questions, so don't hesitate to ask us.

Best regards,Sabutay

Sabutay

One of Us
Picture of Aziz
posted Hide Post
Hello Gatogordo

The following is a report from “The Hunting Reportâ€. I had hunted with them a couple of years ago and had a very good hunt (you can search for my report), but I think the two young guys Asif Ilyasov and Tim who ran the daily workings of the hunts at that time are no longer with them.

SUMMARY REMARKS
Problems of Hunt: See comments.
Highlights of Hunt:
Equipment Recommendations:
Would You Recommend This Hunt to a Friend? No
Why? See comments.

HUNTER INFORMATION
Hunter Name: Klaus Anerud
Contact Information: E-mail: klaus.anerud@gmail.com

HUNTING TRIP REPORT: Aserbaijan 15-23. May 2005 and 8.- 14. November 2005. In May 2005 I hunted Daghestan Tur in Azerbaijan with Musado Wild Nature, Baku. The location in the Caucasian Mountains was not far from where I hunted Daghestan Tur in Daghestan 1990. The hunt was well organized by Asif Ilyasov and Tim (last name unknown). The quality of guides, camp, food etc. was good. The number of game was also good. I did not succeed to take a really big trophy, but I had the chance. This was a good hunt and I have recommended it to other European hunters. In November I went back to Azerbaijan to hunt Ducks and Wild Boar together with 2 friends, Musado Wild Nature was also the outfitter this time, and Asif and Tim who had organized the hunt came along for the whole hunt. The plan was to hunt Ducks for 2 days and Wild Boar for 3 days. Transportation, food and accommodation was good, however the hunt was not. (It reminded me of some of the early hunts in the former Soviet Union - (first, lots of promises, then very little and bad hunting, and at last a lot of excuses)). The Duck hunt we decided to stop after the first day, because there were very little Ducks and the way this hunt was organized - the chance of success was very low. We were told that the lack of Ducks was because we had come too early (before we booked we were told this was the best time), because the Ducks had not started their migration due to the mild fall. This may have been correct, However we wanted to hunt and to make the best of it we decided to make a change and go to a new area to hunt Wild Boar one day early. Day 2 ended up with no hunting. On day 3 we were promised an early start to make up for the loss on day 2. Day 3 arrived and at 11.30 a.m. the local hunters had been found and the hunt could start. They used dogs, the area looked promising and one hunter got lucky and shot 2 small Wild Boars on a short but exciting hunt, The highlight of the hunt this morning was when a good trophy Boar (and the only one we saw) came to one of us, however he was surprised when one of the two outfitters fired a shot that missed the Boar, and also him by 2 meters. We reconstructed what had happened and the outfitter had fired a slug from his shotgun at a distance of 40 yards towards one of his paying clients and barely missed. The speed of these animals is very high when driven and therefore this was of course a very dangerous and unnecessary situation. Furthermore it is not acceptable that the outfitters shoot. We then suggested that it would be better if we did the shooting, to reduce the risk of accidents. For some unknown reason we were told it was not possible to hunt more this day, and the hunt was over at 1 p.m. But we were again promised that the next morning we would go to a really good area, and we would have to get up very early (4.a.m.) so that we would be able to do a lot of hunting. Day 4 and 5 was organised the same way as day 3. We saw no more Wild Boars. Total hunting time was minimal - about the same hunting time as day 3. The ability to arrange effective hunting was lacking, and most of the time we spent other places than the hunting areas. We were told that the main reason for all the problems was the "local boss", who did not like that Musado brought hunters to his area where he had his own hunting business, therefore Musado could not be blamed.. The reasons for failure can be different and many times excused, however hunters who travel far; spend time and money on a hunt must be treated fairly and when things go wrong, it is normally possible to make arrangements to compensate the hunter in an acceptable way. I have suggested that Musado give us a full refund of the price we payed for the hunt, (not transportation, airfares and other costs we had) and deduct this from the costs of a new hunt. The offer we have been given is interesting in the way that Musado is willing to give us a rebate on a hunt, but this rebate is about the same amount as the rise in price of the hunt we first discussed. So the question must be - is this a typical or non typical way of treating hunters for Musado Wild Nature when things go bad. Sincerely, Klaus Ã…nerud Hunting Report Subscriber

photo 5a71b091-8ccb-440e-8358-1ba8fe6939cb_zpsga1mmy00.jpg

Posts: 591 | Location: Illinois | Registered: 04 July 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
sabutay who r ur partners in pakistan im intersted,regards

ur 3 greatest hunts r ur first ur last and ur next