Notify
Tools

Bezoar Ibex Trip - Initial report
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of Scott Powell
posted
Just a quick initial report!

Excellent hunt - Shikar Safaris / Kaan's team is outstanding!

Flew into Istanbul on Sunday, Hakan met me in the airport - and I mean IN the airport.. They have security access and met me at baggage claim. Walked me through every step of the firearm process and got me checked in for my flight out to Sivas same day. Picked up at Sivas and drove 3 hours to Sebinkarahisar and a vey nice hotel.

First day spotted this guy - I'm not want to pass on the first day just because it's the first day :-)

9ys old, 110cm / 43" with 30cm bases

"At least once every human being should have to run for his life - to teach him that milk does not come from the supermarket, that safety does not come from policemen, and that news is not something that happens to other people." - Robert Heinlein

Posts: 893 | Location: Akron, OH | Registered: 07 March 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Well done!

Posts: 11905 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: 26 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Slider
posted Hide Post
That's a beauty Congrats!!!

Posts: 2316 | Location: East Wenatchee | Registered: 18 August 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Magnificent creature!
Well done.
JCHB

Posts: 411 | Location: KZN province South Africa | Registered: 24 July 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Unforgetable Hunting
posted Hide Post
congratulation !!! I know that you are an excellent shooter.

Posts: 599 | Location: Romania, Europe | Registered: 29 April 2010Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of bwanamrm
posted Hide Post
Beautiful billy! Congrats...

On the plains of hesitation lie the bleached bones of ten thousand, who on the dawn of victory lay down their weary heads resting, and there resting, died.

If you can talk with crowds and keep your virtue,
Or walk with Kings - nor lose the common touch...
Yours is the Earth and everything that's in it,
And - which is more - you'll be a Man, my son!
- Rudyard Kipling

Life grows grim without senseless indulgence.

Posts: 7508 | Location: Victoria, Texas | Registered: 30 March 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Absolutely stunning! Please post details on how to book this hunt.

quote:
Originally posted by Scott Powell:
Just a quick initial report!

Excellent hunt - Shikar Safaris / Kaan's team is outstanding!

Flew into Istanbul on Sunday, Hakan met me in the airport - and I mean IN the airport.. They have security access and met me at baggage claim. Walked me through every step of the firearm process and got me checked in for my flight out to Sivas same day. Picked up at Sivas and drove 3 hours to Sebinkarahisar and a vey nice hotel.

First day spotted this guy - I'm not want to pass on the first day just because it's the first day :-)

9ys old, 110cm / 43" with 30cm bases

Posts: 182 | Location: Western Washington | Registered: 12 April 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of dukxdog
posted Hide Post
Beautiful Ibex. Nice photo also.

GOA Life Member
NRA Benefactor Member
Life Member Dallas Safari Club
Westley Richards 450 NE 3 1/4"

Posts: 859 | Location: Idaho/Wyoming/South Dakota | Registered: 08 February 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Awesome!
Thanks for sharing.

Ski+3
Whitefish, MT

Posts: 851 | Location: Kalispell, MT | Registered: 01 January 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Scott,
Congrats on a great ram. 9 years old is a real trophy. Beautiful Winter cape, very impressive beard, big solid body.
What distance was the shot ?
My friend Peter and I from NZ were right behind you arriving at Istanbul.

Hunting.... it's not everything, it's the only thing.

Posts: 1988 | Location: New Zealand's North Island | Registered: 13 November 2014Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Scott Powell
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 30.06king:
Scott,
Congrats on a great ram. 9 years old is a real trophy. Beautiful Winter cape, very impressive beard, big solid body.
What distance was the shot ?
My friend Peter and I from NZ were right behind you arriving at Istanbul.

Not bad, it was 350 yds - the challenge was the intense downhill angle - wow :-)

What area did you hunt? Would love to hear how you guys made out!!

"At least once every human being should have to run for his life - to teach him that milk does not come from the supermarket, that safety does not come from policemen, and that news is not something that happens to other people." - Robert Heinlein

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Scott,
Great shooting, congrats again.
We stayed in a village called Degirmenlik, about 200 km from Antalya, and hunted nearby mountains.
I can't pronounce the mountains name but Serdogan from Shikar said it translates as " mountain from which men don't return". That's nearly prophetic. I'll try to post a hunt report after I get home with more detail.
Peter got a ram after missing a ram earlier. I shot a ram at 365 yds that went straight down. We got up to him and he jumped up and took off ! Too quick for a follow up shot. We searched until nightfall, then again next day, unsuccessfully. Guys have since been back continuing the search and I'm told will look again but, so far, no joy. I have my fingers crossed.
I heard most hunters in the group got Ibex and a couple didn't....
We're heading home tomorrow.

Hunting.... it's not everything, it's the only thing.

Posts: 1988 | Location: New Zealand's North Island | Registered: 13 November 2014Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Scott Powell
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 30.06king:
Scott,
Great shooting, congrats again.
We stayed in a village called Degirmenlik, about 200 km from Antalya, and hunted nearby mountains.
I can't pronounce the mountains name but Serdogan from Shikar said it translates as " mountain from which men don't return". That's nearly prophetic. I'll try to post a hunt report after I get home with more detail.
Peter got a ram after missing a ram earlier. I shot a ram at 365 yds that went straight down. We got up to him and he jumped up and took off ! Too quick for a follow up shot. We searched until nightfall, then again next day, unsuccessfully. Guys have since been back continuing the search and I'm told will look again but, so far, no joy. I have my fingers crossed.
I heard most hunters in the group got Ibex and a couple didn't....
We're heading home tomorrow.

Oh man... I've got my fingers crossed for you as well!!!

Have a safe flight home!

Scott

One of Us
Picture of Tim Herald
posted Hide Post
Scott - really sorry I didn’t get to hook up with you. Obviously our group got scattered as permits plowed. Really glad you got a beautiful billy. Please email me some pics.
The hunting has been very good.
Last count we were 10 for 11 and other guy lost a couple days with delayed bags and had a couple days left.

Good Hunting,

Tim Herald
Worldwide Trophy Adventures
tim@trophyadventures.com

Posts: 2980 | Location: Lexington, KY | Registered: 13 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Todd Williams
posted Hide Post
Nice billy Scott. Huge congrats.