ACCURATERELOADING.COM WORLD HUNTING REPORT FORUMS

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  Hunting Reports - Rest Of The World    Group Trip to Turkey for Ibex and more...(photo heavy)

Moderators: T.Carr
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Group Trip to Turkey for Ibex and more...(photo heavy)
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of Tim Herald
posted
I just returned from a WTA group trip to Turkey to hunt Bezoar ibex. A number of friends/AR members joined me.

We hunted ibex in the Antalya area, and 8 of us took 9 ibex. Jay killed a nice billy the first day, so he opted to keep hunting, and try to find a giant. He did with a 50-incher.

Three of the guys moved camps after they got their ibex and hunted Anatolian red stag and some pigs.

We got to see some beautiful views, met and hunted with some great people, and in general had a fantastic time. You will see some of the highlights form below, and some familiar faces.

I have had so much interest in this, I have decided to do another group hunt in 2019. I will have two price choices. If interested, drop me a private message or contact me direct at tim@trophyadventures.com.

The other guys are most welcome to throw in comments and photos ...

Views from where we stayed during ibex hunt

Just before we arrived, the new world record was taken from our area...

One day coming off the mountain, we walked into an incredible ancient city from B.C.

I was lucky to kill a 48.5" billie who had crossing horns in back...

Jay's monster 50-incher.

Antalya

If anyone would want to go do this before end of March, we have some great discounts on the few leftover tags. It is a wonderful hunt and experience.

Good Hunting,

Tim Herald
Worldwide Trophy Adventures
tim@trophyadventures.com

Posts: 2980 | Location: Lexington, KY | Registered: 13 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Congrats to all!

Skip Nantz

Posts: 538 | Location: SouthEast, KY | Registered: 09 May 2010Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Super well done to all!

MARK H. YOUNG
MARK'S EXCLUSIVE ADVENTURES
7094 Oakleigh Dr. Las Vegas, NV 89110
Office 702-848-1693
Cell, Whats App, Signal 307-250-1156 PREFERRED
E-mail markttc@msn.com
Check us out on https://www.facebook.com/pages...ures/627027353990716

Posts: 12865 | Location: LAS VEGAS, NV USA | Registered: 04 August 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Wow! Wish I could still climb mountains.

Dave

Posts: 2086 | Location: Seattle Washington, USA | Registered: 19 January 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Wow....just plain awesome.

Tim...difficulty of this hunt on a scale of 1-10? Reason I ask is because I had rotator cuff surgery a few weeks ago and I'm sure I'll be nowhere near 100% before March.

Posts: 2717 | Location: NH | Registered: 03 February 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Tim Herald
posted Hide Post
Guys this one honestly can be very easy if you want a good looking mature billy. You can easily get a mid-40’s. If you want to hold out and go for something really big, it might take some sweat and climbing. The world record that was killed was probably 1/2 mile tops from a main road. There are a lot of animals and you can find some good ones in easy places. We had a 69 and 71 year old on this hunt.

Good Hunting,

Tim Herald
tim@trophyadventures.com

Posts: 2980 | Location: Lexington, KY | Registered: 13 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of cal pappas
posted Hide Post
Tim:
PM sent.
Cal

Cal Pappas, Willow, Alaska
www.CalPappas.com
www.CalPappas.blogspot.com
1994 Zimbabwe
1997 Zimbabwe
1998 Zimbabwe
1999 Zimbabwe
1999 Namibia, Botswana, Zambia--vacation
2000 Australia
2002 South Africa
2003 South Africa
2003 Zimbabwe
2005 South Africa
2005 Zimbabwe
2006 Tanzania
2006 Zimbabwe--vacation
2007 Zimbabwe--vacation
2008 Zimbabwe
2012 Australia
2013 South Africa
2013 Zimbabwe
2013 Australia
2016 Zimbabwe
2017 Zimbabwe
2018 South Africa
2018 Zimbabwe--vacation
2019 South Africa
2019 Botswana
2019 Zimbabwe vacation
2021 South Africa
2021 South Africa (2nd hunt a month later)

Posts: 7281 | Location: Willow, Alaska | Registered: 29 June 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
This was a fantastic hunt. The sight seeing was phenomenal. I would stop and have a traditional breakfast, mid morning, with the locals if I wasn't climbing mountains. That breakfast consisted of everything home grown... Honey, goat cheese, walnuts, figs, bread, boiled eggs, olives and oranges. Oh and don't forget the tea, lots of tea.

Like Tim said, you can make this hunt as easy or as hard as you want. The pic of the two guys hugging the side of a mountain is me and my crew. We were pushing the envelope... just the way I like it!

Posts: 1789 | Location: Sinton, Texas | Registered: 08 November 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Looks like a great hunt!

DRSS

Posts: 624 | Location: OK USA | Registered: 07 June 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Thunder Head
posted Hide Post
Congrats to all,
Looks like a great time. How was the seafood Cool

I have walked in the foot prints of the elephant, listened to lion roar and met the buffalo on his turf. I shall never be the same.

Posts: 813 | Location: In the shadow of Currahee | Registered: 29 January 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thanks for sharing.

Been there and would tell anyone to go and enjoy one of the best destinations out there.

Posts: 10150 | Location: Texas... time to secede!! | Registered: 12 February 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of bwanamrm
posted Hide Post
Turkey was a great trip. It has been on my bucket list for a long time and I enjoyed traveling with a generous and fun group of people! Always a pleasure to make new friends.

A few memories that will stay with me for some time: glassing for ibex in the mountains above Yalniz and hearing the "call to prayers" from several mosques in the city below... the ibex never raising their heads or paying any attention to a sound they have heard regularly since their birth in those same mountains, yet so startling to me; morning and evening tea in the tea house of the small town of Malic and being accepted (sort of) as a regular on the second day of being there; and, finally, the realization after you had just taken a boar that you were on your own to set them up for pictures because none of your guides or drivers were touching them, or shaking your hands after you did! At least until you properly washed up.

A cultural feast for a westerner's introduction to the gateway of Asia...

On the plains of hesitation lie the bleached bones of ten thousand, who on the dawn of victory lay down their weary heads resting, and there resting, died.

If you can talk with crowds and keep your virtue,
Or walk with Kings - nor lose the common touch...
Yours is the Earth and everything that's in it,
And - which is more - you'll be a Man, my son!
- Rudyard Kipling

Life grows grim without senseless indulgence.

Posts: 7522 | Location: Victoria, Texas | Registered: 30 March 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
very nice! My trip to hunt bezoar was one of my most memorable. Would love to do it again one day.

Posts: 756 | Location: California | Registered: 26 May 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Fjold
posted Hide Post
Fantastic photos! Those are some gorgeous trophies but it hurts my knees to look at some of those mountains.

Frank

"I don't know what there is about buffalo that frightens me so.....He looks like he hates you personally. He looks like you owe him money."
- Robert Ruark, Horn of the Hunter, 1953

NRA Life, SAF Life, CRPA Life, DRSS lite

Posts: 12538 | Location: Kentucky, USA | Registered: 30 December 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Those photos told an awesome story. What a great hunt. Thank you for sharing.

Posts: 60 | Location: Central Florida | Registered: 15 July 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Tim how did the travel and gun movement by the airlines go on this hunt compared to the Kyrgyzstan for Mid-Asian ibex hunt story below in this forum?

Posts: 1440 | Location: Houston, Texas USA | Registered: 16 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Tim Herald
posted Hide Post
All guns made it. One bag with ammo got sent to wrong place. There are direct flights from US to Istanbul and that is the way to go!

Good Hunting,

Tim Herald
tim@trophyadventures.com

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I suspected as much - that they all got there.

And that is certainly the way I would go to as far as air.

Posts: 1440 | Location: Houston, Texas USA | Registered: 16 January 2005Reply With Quote