Notify
Tools

Hunting store in Buenos Aires?
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of Fallow Buck
posted
Hi guys,

are there any hunting stores in BA worth visiting. We have a day loitering in the city on Friday so thought it might be an idea to search a hunting store out.

K

Posts: 4096 | Location: London | Registered: 03 April 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Beretta store I visited was nice.

Posts: 504 | Location: California | Registered: 04 February 2013Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I went to one many years ago....so long I can't recall the name, but it was an old style gun store, but I was unimpressed. You'll find that prices are quite high even for leather goods, or at least that was my impression.

xxxxxxxxxx
When considering US based operations of guides/outfitters, check and see if they are NRA members. If not, why support someone who doesn't support us? Consider spending your money elsewhere.

NEVER, EVER book a hunt with BLAIR WORLDWIDE HUNTING or JEFF BLAIR.

I have come to understand that in hunting, the goal is not the goal but the process.

Posts: 17099 | Location: Texas USA | Registered: 07 May 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of juanpozzi
posted Hide Post
There are many in Parana street ,Bowie ,Beretta gallery ,La Veneziana ,Gun Parts ,Gunshop, etc etc You must visit the biggets range in world the TIRO FEDERAL ARGENTINO isnt far from downtown .

www.huntinginargentina.com.ar FULL PROFESSIONAL MEMBER OF IPHA INTERNATIONAL PROFESSIONAL HUNTERS ASOCIATION .
DSC PROFESSIONAL MEMBER
DRSS--SCI
NRA
IDPA
IPSC-FAT -argentine shooting federation cred number2-

Posts: 6362 | Location: Cordoba argentina | Registered: 26 July 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Thanks to Juan's post, the store I visited was La Veneziana.

xxxxxxxxxx
When considering US based operations of guides/outfitters, check and see if they are NRA members. If not, why support someone who doesn't support us? Consider spending your money elsewhere.

NEVER, EVER book a hunt with BLAIR WORLDWIDE HUNTING or JEFF BLAIR.

I have come to understand that in hunting, the goal is not the goal but the process.

Posts: 17099 | Location: Texas USA | Registered: 07 May 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Fallow Buck
posted Hide Post
We didn't manage to get to the hunting store as apparently the team decided that eating your body weight in beef and Malbec was more important!!

Our schedule has changed due to a problem in Chile that has put an end to our goose hunting trip.

Given the first week down here in Argentina, has been so superb, I have managed to extend by 5 days to hunt ducks, perdiz, hares and doves just outside BA at another lodge we will be representing.

I might even manage a dorado on the fly apparently...

Pics are on our Facebook page but I will post a report when I get back.

Rgds,
K

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Kiri,

Steak and Malbec, what's not to love? Ok, beef three times a day, might get old.

Have fun wing shooting and land a dorado for a SA "surf and turf" and/or "surf and fowl" dinner.

WH,

Don

Life Member SCI &, NRA

Posts: 161 | Location: Reno NV and Betty's Bay RSA | Registered: 13 August 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Fallow Buck
posted Hide Post
Dan It is all good, but a shame about Chile.

The Chilean customs ceased the outfitters firearms on the way in, (5 brand new berettas). We hit the Easter weekend and they were being difficult all round so I decided to postpone the Chilean part of the hunt. My freinds in Chile have been amazing at making all involved good.

We have made alternative arrangements to hunt and are heading to a new location today.

It was a great example of why I insist on hosting the majority of our hunts. We managed to get a satisfactory result for all the clients, because I was on the ground and able to make a plan.

Keep well,
K