New
Find
Notify
Tools

Mufflon Hunting in Czech
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
All started with a South African Friend of my who wanted to hunt a Mufflon. So we decided to take the chance to combine his visit in Europe for the Hunting Show in Dortmund (Germany).

The hunting area was somewhere between Prague and Brno. We were a group of three hunters and stayed in a simple but nice hunting house directly in the hunting area. So a really nice atmosphere.

All three of us got his own guide and the hunt itself was a nice mixture between stalking and sitting on the high seat. The areas had a lot of red deer (and really nice stags!) and mufflon.

I got my mufflon on the second day of hunting maybe 20 Minutes before the sun went down. It was a nice silver medal 195.9 CIC Point mufflon where different pieced of horn where missing due to his age. So for me it was the perfect trophy I want to get.

We all liked the trip very much. For two of us it was the first mufflon hunt. Czech hunters have a lot of tradition so every shot animal was honored in the traditional way.

Beside my mufflon we shot a 160 CIC mufflon.

and the South African friend shot an awesome 228CIC Point gold medal Mufflon.

Posts: 114 | Location: Germany | Registered: 18 February 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Skyline
posted Hide Post
Sounds like you guys had a great hunt. All of them are nice rams, but that gold medal ram is a real whopper!

The power of accurate observation is frequently called cynicism by those who are bereft of that gift.

Posts: 1809 | Location: Northern Rockies, BC | Registered: 21 July 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Great hunt and good times...Congratulations beer

Posts: 3430 | Registered: 24 February 2007Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Wendell Reich
posted Hide Post
Dang, that is one hell of a good Mouflon!

Posts: 6250 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: 13 July 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Dom
posted Hide Post
Waidmannsheil Gerac & co. Agree that 228 is a great one, like the broomed off horn, makes for an interesting trophy. Looks like a great hunting area.

-------- There are those who only reload so they can shoot, and then there are those who only shoot so they can reload. I belong to the first group. Dom ---------

Posts: 728 | Location: Michigan | Registered: 15 March 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Waidmannsdank!It was a good area and I totally agree the one is exceptional good but definitely not the only good Trophy in the area.

Thanks, guys.

One of Us
Picture of P-A Åhlén
posted Hide Post
Congratulations, hunting in Czech is great fun

Posts: 292 | Location: Northernmost Sweden | Registered: 17 July 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Fantastic hunt and a good report. I always enjoy hearing of different cultures and there hunting traditions!

Posts: 623 | Location: Manitoba, Canada | Registered: 10 September 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Awesome - congratulations

Posts: 1490 | Location: New York | Registered: 01 January 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of utcb
posted Hide Post
Congrats!

Posts: 34 | Location: Austin, TX | Registered: 22 January 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Charlie64
posted Hide Post
All good trophies just that Diana smiled a little bit longer at your SA friend! An amazing ram. Well done and thanks for sharing.

"Up the ladders and down the snakes!"

Posts: 2261 | Location: South Africa & Europe | Registered: 10 February 2014Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thanks for all the positive comments.

The two most important things are, that I like my trophy very much!

The SA friend deserved the exceptional trophy since he might never hunt a Mufflon again where we other will for sure go again jumping

One of Us
Picture of Charlie64
posted Hide Post
Gerac, What did you do with the trophies - skull mounts or SM ? Would love to see the end result.

WMH

Charlie

Posts: 2261 | Location: South Africa & Europe | Registered: 10 February 2014Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
jeez thats a heck of a mouflon!

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I did a skull mount and it is ready. Hope I can get it this weekend. Will post pictures.

The monster mufflon will be a shoulder mount. It will take longer but I am sure I get some pictures of it, too.

One of Us
Picture of Charlie64
posted Hide Post
Any pictures of the mount(s) ??

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I got lost in work... Will pick up my tomorrow. The full mounts will take some more time. But will post them too.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I am so sorry that it took so long. But I picked up my European Scull some time ago and did a picture.

I really love it. Have not put it up, yet. Can't decide if I should mount it on the wall or on a column.

One of Us
Picture of Dentist
posted Hide Post
Really nice! Waidmannsheil! Just 4 hours ago I booked my first Mufflon hunt north of Praha in October this year. Mufflon trophies are simply fascinating. Your bleached skull looks very good. I especially like the broomed horns on your sheep.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I enjoyed it very much. Hope you have a similar good experience! Looking forward to read your posted. But yes, I love this trophy very much. It is very nice! Waidmannsheil

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Very nice character and a really nice euro mount!

Posts: 623 | Location: Manitoba, Canada | Registered: 10 September 2013Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of juanpozzi
posted Hide Post
Congratulations ,i love central europe hunting traditions ,i hope to return there soon .

www.huntinginargentina.com.ar FULL PROFESSIONAL MEMBER OF IPHA INTERNATIONAL PROFESSIONAL HUNTERS ASOCIATION .
DSC PROFESSIONAL MEMBER
DRSS--SCI
NRA
IDPA
IPSC-FAT -argentine shooting federation cred number2-

Posts: 6362 | Location: Cordoba argentina | Registered: 26 July 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of boarkiller
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Dentist:
Really nice! Waidmannsheil! Just 4 hours ago I booked my first Mufflon hunt north of Praha in October this year. Mufflon trophies are simply fascinating. Your bleached skull looks very good. I especially like the broomed horns on your sheep.

Dentist
When you have a drink there just say
" Ty vole, Di do prdele"
Good way to make friends

" Until the day breaks and the nights shadows flee away " Big ivory for my pillow and 2.5% of Neanderthal DNA flowing thru my veins.
When I'm ready to go, pack a bag of gunpowder up my ass and strike a fire to my pecker, until I squeal like a boar.
Yours truly , Milan The Boarkiller - World according to Milan
PS I have big boar on my floor...but it ain't dead, just scared to move...

Man should be happy and in good humor until the day he dies...
Only fools hope to live forever
“ Hávamál”

Posts: 13376 | Location: In mountains behind my house hunting or drinking beer in Blacksmith Brewery in Stevensville MT or holed up in Lochsa | Registered: 27 December 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Dentist
posted Hide Post
rotflmo I will tell them as soon as I´m sitting in my car with my trophy and they ask for a tip jumping

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Awesome Mouflon!!!

Go Duke!!

Posts: 1283 | Location: Texas | Registered: 25 January 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Congrats and fun hunt and nice trophies.