ACCURATERELOADING.COM WORLD HUNTING REPORT FORUMS

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  Hunting Reports - Rest Of The World    Most Remote Place on Earth that you have visited?
Page 1 2 3 

Moderators: T.Carr
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Most Remote Place on Earth that you have visited?
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of Capt. Purvis
posted
What is the most remote place on land that you have ever been in terms of accessibility and distance to other humans.
Interesting to hear some of your responses.

For me it is Northern British Columbia. Supposedly we were in the Northwest territory for a short period of time. Would like to go back there some day. When you get in a float plane and travel three hours without seeing a road or any sign of Man it makes you feel small. I have been to ten countries in Africa and never felt all that alone. I have never been to the Congo and would like to hear what some of you say about traveling that part of Africa.

Captain Clark Purvis
www.roanokeriverwaterfowl.com/

Posts: 1141 | Location: Eastern NC Outer Banks | Registered: 21 March 2013Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Great question!

For me. The mountains of Kyrgyzstan while hunting sheep and ibex. Nearest town was 5 hours by truck. I have never felt more remote or tiny in the world.

I am going to test a new remote spot while hunting in Mongolia this fall. Smiler

Ski+3
Whitefish, MT

Posts: 851 | Location: Kalispell, MT | Registered: 01 January 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Todd Williams
posted Hide Post
Absolute most remote place would be middle of the Atlantic while in the Navy.

Most remote place I've spent any real time in would be brown bear hunting camp on Kamchatka Peninsula Russia.

One of Us
Picture of Thunder Head
posted Hide Post
B.C. 99k to the mail box.

Artic circle Quebec.

Even though I was in hunting camps for both. Outside of the people in camp. Very remote.

I have walked in the foot prints of the elephant, listened to lion roar and met the buffalo on his turf. I shall never be the same.

Posts: 813 | Location: In the shadow of Currahee | Registered: 29 January 2009Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Capt.

I agree with Todd. When you're at sea and you can't see anything but blue water for 360 degrees all the way to the horizon you are remote. As for a remote feeling hunt I think our first fly out hunt in Alaska in '85 felt very remote but exciting and comforting all at the same time. The complete lack of any trace of other people is a special experience.

Mark

MARK H. YOUNG
MARK'S EXCLUSIVE ADVENTURES
7094 Oakleigh Dr. Las Vegas, NV 89110
Office 702-848-1693
Cell, Whats App, Signal 307-250-1156 PREFERRED
E-mail markttc@msn.com
Check us out on https://www.facebook.com/pages...ures/627027353990716

Posts: 12842 | Location: LAS VEGAS, NV USA | Registered: 04 August 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of BrettAKSCI
posted Hide Post
While hunting? ANWR here in Alaska. Outside of Alaska? The Naryn River Valley of Kyrgyzstan or the Selous in Tanzania.

Brett

DRSS
Life Member SCI
Life Member NRA
Life Member WSF

Rhyme of the Sheep Hunter
May fordings never be too deep, And alders not too thick; May rock slides never be too steep And ridges not too slick.
And may your bullets shoot as swell As Fred Bear's arrow's flew; And may your nose work just as well As Jack O'Connor's too.
May winds be never at your tail When stalking down the steep; May bears be never on your trail When packing out your sheep.
May the hundred pounds upon you Not make you break or trip; And may the plane in which you flew Await you at the strip.
-Seth Peterson

Posts: 4551 | Location: Alaska | Registered: 21 February 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
My friend has a float plane . He has an outfitting business in Quebec. We have explored northern Quebec, and areas off the coast of Labrador ..
I've caught char and shot caribou off the pontoon floats ....

This is some of the most remote country I've seen and often compare it to parts of Alaska

DRSS Chapuis 9.3 x 74 R
RSM. 416 Rigby
RSM 375 H&H

Posts: 1291 | Location: Catskill Mountains N.Y. | Registered: 13 September 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Bwana1
posted Hide Post
Gobi Desert, Mongolia. An atom bomb could explode there and no one would notice..

Posts: 795 | Location: Vero Beach, Florida | Registered: 03 July 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
everytime im going hunting. luckily where i live we are still lucky do not meet people if we want and go out of the tracks.

Posts: 1721 | Location: Whitehorse, Yukon, Canada. | Registered: 21 May 2006Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
I bet non of you have been as far as I have.

I have been to Conro, Texas.

And before you start laughing, they had a sign there saying you can see the end of the world from there.

www.accuratereloading.com
Instagram : ganyana2000

Posts: 66751 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
my wifes bathroom. was lost in there for a week before I was rescued by the dog.

Posts: 1194 | Location: Billings,MT | Registered: 24 July 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bwana1:
Gobi Desert, Mongolia. An atom bomb could explode there and no one would notice..

Totally agree. Makes anywhere in Africa seem like civilization. I noticed you don't even see planes flying overhead; can't say that about Alaska or Africa.

Don't Ever Book a Hunt with Jeff Blair
http://forums.accuratereloadin...821061151#2821061151

Posts: 7570 | Location: Arizona and off grid in CO | Registered: 28 July 2004Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
Guys try a hunt out of Bilibino and then you might just be able to understand remote Wink

Posts: 18 | Location: NT Australia | Registered: 29 January 2018Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Saeed:
I bet non of you have been as far as I have.

I have been to Conro, Texas.

And before you start laughing, they had a sign there saying you can see the end of the world from there.

Saeed, this reminds me of something. Some years ago, In Jordan, MT there was a standoff for quite a while with a group known as the "Freemen." Now Jordan, MT is in the middle of nowhere. I was driving through. Somewhere along the way, I saw a tee shirt. The had the following on the tee shirt:

End of the earth- 10 miles

Jordan, MT- 15 miles

I thought it was hysterical.

Posts: 11906 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: 26 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Banks Island NWT Canada. Arctic circle, below zero the whole time I was there. No trees, frozen Snow White tundra for miles and miles. Vast nothingness. Hunting Muskox

BUTCH

C'est Tout Bon
(It is all good)

Posts: 1925 | Location: Lafayette, LA | Registered: 05 October 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Big Wonderful Wyoming
posted Hide Post
On land: Djibouti about 80 miles from town to go to the beach. Came across some locals that lived in a little village. We gave them all our junk food, water, they even took our trash.

They were living in mud huts, and child survivalbility was probably in the 8-10% to adulthood. Really skinny frail looking little people.

I have been places in Outback Australia that were 1000% more remote, but these folksw ere in bad shape.

Posts: 7763 | Location: Das heimat! | Registered: 10 October 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Nakihunter
posted Hide Post
That is a cool post mate.

tu2

quote:
Originally posted by Todd Williams:
Absolute most remote place would be middle of the Atlantic while in the Navy.

Most remote place I've spent any real time in would be brown bear hunting camp on Kamchatka Peninsula Russia.

"When the wind stops....start rowing. When the wind starts, get the sail up quick."

Posts: 11006 | Location: New Zealand | Registered: 02 July 2008Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Out in the desert, about 40 miles from Aktau Kazhakstan

Posts: 1517 | Location: Idaho Falls, Idaho | Registered: 03 June 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Salt River, Alaska. Kind of remote, but easily reachable with float plane in decent weather. When I was there it wasn't so nice and the outfitter brought us out in an H-18 on floats instead of the Beaver that took us in. Nice ride...

TomP

Our country, right or wrong. When right, to be kept right, when wrong to be put right.

Carl Schurz (1829 - 1906)

Posts: 14331 | Location: Moreno Valley CA USA | Registered: 20 November 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I bet Subsailor74 would have an interesting answer to this question, but probably still classified.

Don't Ever Book a Hunt with Jeff Blair
http://forums.accuratereloadin...821061151#2821061151

Posts: 7570 | Location: Arizona and off grid in CO | Registered: 28 July 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I was deployed on the USS Enterprise, USS Nimitz and USS Carl Vinson made a total of 3 cruises in my 20 years in the Navy.

Middle of the Atlantic, middle of the Indian Ocean, or the Middle of the Pacific. You are way out in the middle of nowhere.

Another remote place I have been that not a lot of people get to is the British Indian Ocean Territory of Diego Garcia.

Posts: 7763 | Location: Das heimat! | Registered: 10 October 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Blank:
Out in the desert, about 40 miles from Aktau Kazhakstan

Lived in Atyrau for 3 years.
You were on the moon.

Posts: 10094 | Location: Texas... time to secede!! | Registered: 12 February 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Truly, the remotest place is anywhere near Midland, Texas......

Posts: 10094 | Location: Texas... time to secede!! | Registered: 12 February 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by AnotherAZWriter:
I bet Subsailor74 would have an interesting answer to this question, but probably still classified.

+1

Mike

Posts: 13145 | Location: Cocoa Beach, Florida | Registered: 22 July 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Downtown Detroit.

Hunting buff is better than sex!

Posts: 2205 | Registered: 29 December 2015Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BuffHunter63:
Downtown Detroit.

Detroit reminds me of the Will Smith movie - “I am Legend” where he is fighting zombies in a post apocalyptic world.....

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Detroit!

I was home on leave from the Navy to the folks house in Casper, and flying back to Europe. For some reason I had a layover in Detroit, followed by a layover in Minneapolis, then a flight to London, and then finally on to Madrid and then to Jerez. It was rough.

Of course Christmas time, and snow and all that and I landed in Detroit to find out that they had over booked my flight.

Lufthansa had a deal worked out and they gave me the option of overnighting in Detroit or flying to the Miniapple and staying there.

Took me about .0001 miliseconds to make that decision.

We drove through Detroit about 10 years returning from our honeymoon and got told by a gas station attendant that we needed to hurry up and get on to the other side of town.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Buffalo hunting camp in Australia’s Northern Territory. Beautiful place far away from everything and everyone.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Where is Mike Burke? He's been to some very strange and remote areas.

Posts: 20075 | Location: Very NW NJ up in the Mountains | Registered: 14 June 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of wesley timmerman
posted Hide Post
For me it was Kakoland in Namibia 2018,seemed like the rest of he world ceased to exist.

Posts: 672 | Location: south carolina | Registered: 08 December 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ledvm
posted Hide Post
Northern Karamoja, Uganda along the mountain range of south Sudan westward along northwest border of Kenya.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
J. Lane Easter, DVM

A born Texan has instilled in his system a mind-set of no retreat or no surrender. I wish everyone the world over had the dominating spirit that motivates Texans.– Billy Clayton, Speaker of the Texas House

No state commands such fierce pride and loyalty. Lesser mortals are pitied for their misfortune in not being born in Texas.— Queen Elizabeth II on her visit to Texas in May, 1991.

Posts: 36416 | Location: Gainesville, TX | Registered: 24 December 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I’ve been in a few remote places in Africa, but truly remote had to be in a high berry field hunting bear in Alaska.

In Africa there were usually some people within a day’s trip.

In the middle of the Togiak refuge, nothing... and when the wind blew, no plane could get you out.

Posts: 10478 | Location: Minnesota USA | Registered: 15 June 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
It is hard to say.

Yes, Alaska has remote places. However, I vividly remember noting that I saw far fewer planes in the North West Territories. I tend to think it was far more remote.

I hunted the Qinghai province of China in the late 90's. I told someone that I believed it was far more remote than anywhere I had been in Africa.

Posts: 11906 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: 26 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of BaxterB
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Biebs:
Where is Mike Burke? He's been to some very strange and remote areas.

You mean Very NW NJ in the mountains? I hear there are strange beasts there...

One of Us
Picture of DLS
posted Hide Post
A few places come to mind, including one in Africa...

We were hunting in far southwestern Botswana, probably 50-75 miles east of Namibia. Nobody else around at all for a solid week and I don’t recall any jetliners. The only plane I remember seeing was the one that dropped us off, then picked us up 8 days later. No roads, we just made our own trails through the sandy ridges. Our only contact with the outside world was a shortwave radio.

Alaska, out on the Alaska Peninsula, southwest of Port Heiden. Extremely wild country that we saw a huge amount of from a super cub. Flew inside the rim of Mt. Veniaminof, an old volcano. It looked like the moon. I remember thinking, when flying back from Port Heiden to King Salmon in a Cessna 206, that the land before me probably looked the same since right after the ice age, there was nothing but wilderness and no sign of man. Lots of Brown Bears and some damn big moose out there, tough country to hunt.

The other place was in the Alaska Range, up near the foot of the Yanert Glacier, the source of the Yanert River. Spectacular, rugged country about 70 horseback miles east of Denali Station, never saw another person but lots of game - grizzlies, sheep, moose, caribou. That hunt, nearly 20 days on horseback, remains one of the greatest adventures I’ve ever enjoyed. Shot a ram the first day and a grizzly the last day. Had a bad horse wreck on our way out, my guide barely escaped tragic injuries. He was badly bruised but fortunately, no broken bones. And then Lynn Castle damn near killed us in his airplane on the ride back to his main lodge.

Posts: 3833 | Location: California | Registered: 01 January 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Slider
posted Hide Post
Tian Shan Mountain range at 13,000ft in Kyrgyzstan.

Posts: 2316 | Location: East Wenatchee | Registered: 18 August 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
185 miles north of Yellowknife in the NWT on a Caribou hunt. Saw no signs of human habitation, no air traffic, no sound but the wind. Saw thousands of Caribou, a Griz, and a wolverine, a few eagles, and thousands of caribou. The fish on that stretch of the Coppermine River acted like they had never seen a lure.

One of Us
Picture of samir
posted Hide Post
Bushman village in the Kalahari desert, Botswana

DRSS
Searcy 470 NE

Posts: 1427 | Location: San Diego | Registered: 02 July 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Middle fork Chandalar River in Brooks Range Alaska hunting grizzly and caribou.

Posts: 8274 | Location: Mississippi | Registered: 12 April 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
The most remote hunting was on a self guided moose hunt in Alaska. The most remote was in the Rub’ al Khali in Saudi Arabia.

"Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life." Terry Pratchett.

Posts: 3501 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: 25 February 2005Reply With Quote