Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Coues Buck with Three Beams
 Login/Join

posted
Neat buck we caught on camera in July. Hope to lay eyes on him again soon!

Posts: 15 | Location: Arizona and Sonora | Registered: 23 September 2017Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of samir
posted Hide Post
That is a pretty cool pic. Thanks for sharing

DRSS
Searcy 470 NE

Posts: 1427 | Location: San Diego | Registered: 02 July 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Hunted Chihuahua once missed a buck with 3 big spikes on 1 side nice wide 5 points on the other in the shape sort of a hand spread out

Posts: 1456 | Location: maryland / Clayton Delaware | Registered: 16 December 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Use Enough Gun
posted Hide Post
Love hunting Coues! tu2

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Must have been nibbling around a Uranium lick.

I don't think I could eat meat from an animal that is deformed - bad DNA is bad DNA.

BH63

Hunting buff is better than sex!

Posts: 2205 | Registered: 29 December 2015Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
The coues deer is the ultimate deer hunt, had them on our ranch so. of marathon, Tx. known locally as flag tails or hog nose deer..Also some in the Big Bend Park, and across the rive in the Del Carmen Mountains..They were stocked their by the CC Camps after the great depression, a gov. program..I skull mounts of 3 very big Coues in my office...I pretty sure two Coues can hide where one jackrabbit hides, or so it always seemed to me..I guided Jack OConner on Coues hunts, his favorite hunt, other than sheep. We paid the Forestalles a case of shotgun shells or a 100 pounds of suger to hunt in Mexico pack in from the ranch to hunt the Del CArmens..fun hunt.Plus some great Mule deer and bear..

Ray Atkinson
Atkinson Hunting Adventures
10 Ward Lane,
Filer, Idaho, 83328
208-731-4120

rayatkinsonhunting@gmail.com

Posts: 41758 | Location: Twin Falls, Idaho | Registered: 04 June 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Most freek horn growth is from injury of some sort, some are stags from thorn injury to the testicles, or a bullet wound somewhere in the body or legs..Called cactus bucks in the Big Bend country and Norther Mexico..If a deer get shot in the right leg, then the left horn will suffer as the minerals go to healing the left side horn...

Ray Atkinson
Atkinson Hunting Adventures
10 Ward Lane,
Filer, Idaho, 83328
208-731-4120

rayatkinsonhunting@gmail.com

Posts: 41758 | Location: Twin Falls, Idaho | Registered: 04 June 2000Reply With Quote