New
Find
Notify
Tools

Daylight savings time
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Has anyone asked or wondered how the daylight savings time switch will affect the first day of the 2007 deer season.
Congress changed the "spring forward" and "fall back" dates in an effort to save energy....dont get me started on that one.
However, now the "fall back" weekend will be the first weekend in Nov....I already have a hard enough time sleeping right on that weekend. Now I wonder....will the deer be up earlier or later....haha.

The Hunt goes on forever, the season never ends.

I didn't learn this by reading about it or seeing it on TV. I learned it by doing it.

Posts: 729 | Location: Central TX | Registered: 22 April 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
About all I remember is Spring forward and fall back. I know that it makes it tough to figure out what time to set the deer feeders to work before the time is switched so it will work aftr the time is switched. (Hope that makes sense)

Keep yer powder dry and yer knife sharp.

Posts: 582 | Location: Texas City, TX. USA. | Registered: 25 January 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Damned time change....yeah guess I'm an old geezer. I live in Indiana and for about 35 yrs. we stayed on the same time, the year round[eastern standard time]. There are 4 time zones in the US. I just wish they would leave everybody on the same time in their zone the year round. okay, enough rant.

Mad Dog

Posts: 1184 | Location: Indiana | Registered: 17 June 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of LRH270
posted Hide Post
I know that it makes it tough to figure out what time to set the deer feeders to work before the time is switched so it will work aftr the time is switched.

???????????????????????????????

It's like my outside light timer; if you don't do anything it still comes on at the same time relative to sunrise/sunset..... bewildered

RMEF Life Member
SCI
DRSS
Chapuis 9,3/9,3 + 20/20
Simson 12/12/9,3
Zoli 7x57R/12
Kreighoff .470/.470

We band of 9,3ers!

The Few. The Pissed. The Taxpayers.

Posts: 1562 | Location: Arizona and Nevada since 1979. | Registered: 19 December 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Jarrod
posted Hide Post
If they would just leave the time alone and let it stay the same all year round it would be much better. At least the Amish have enough common sense to leave their time the same all year round.

"Science only goes so far then God takes over."

Posts: 3504 | Location: Tennessee | Registered: 07 July 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of LRH270
posted Hide Post
And Arizonans.

RMEF Life Member
SCI
DRSS
Chapuis 9,3/9,3 + 20/20
Simson 12/12/9,3
Zoli 7x57R/12
Kreighoff .470/.470

We band of 9,3ers!

The Few. The Pissed. The Taxpayers.

Posts: 1562 | Location: Arizona and Nevada since 1979. | Registered: 19 December 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
And Saskatchewanians. dancing

Posts: 1928 | Location: Saskatchewan, Canada | Registered: 30 November 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of D99
posted Hide Post
In Europe time still changes on the 1st. Thank god.

Posts: 4729 | Location: Australia | Registered: 06 February 2005Reply With Quote