New
Find
Notify
Tools

Any reports on Quebec caribou?
 Login/Join

<dirty ernie>
posted
I leave on Sept 17 for my hunt. Any reports on animal locations, bugs etc??? Once again, I leave in 11 days. 11 days. Did I tell you I leave in 11 days?

one of us
posted Hide Post
Good Luck Ernie!
Oh did any of us ask you to take LOTS of pictures of your trip and hunt?
If not.... Please take lots of pictures of your trip and hunt [Big Grin]

Posts: 1525 | Location: Hilliard Oh USA | Registered: 17 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Good luck on your hunt Ernie. But do me a favor and be careful. A friend of mine and a second hunter died last week on his caribou hunt when the boat they were traveling in capsized on Lake Louie. The guide and a third hunter survived. The police are still searching for the bodies. They had already gotten their first caribou and were going out for their second when the accident occurred. They hunted out of Shefferville on the Newfoundland border.
If you travel at all by boat, put on the PFD!! Again, best of luck for a safe and successful hunt.

Posts: 240 | Location: Downers Grove, Illinois | Registered: 21 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Wendell Reich
posted Hide Post
Ernie,

The last few years have been difficult for the Quebec/Labrador guys. I suspect a report from one outfitter might not hold true for another area or outfitter.

Anyway, my outfitter says he is having one of his best years out of the past 5. I have two clients there now, one the next week and I will be taking 6 guys in the second week of October. I am looking forward to it!

Have a great hunt and please do take lots of pictures and share them when you return. [Wink]

Posts: 6250 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: 13 July 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Ernie,

I'll e-mail you a current report on Quebec that I recieved from the hunting report if you provide your address as I couldn't find it.Good Luck.

[ 09-11-2002, 22:32: Message edited by: KEITH ATCHESON ]

Posts: 373 | Location: Big Sky Country | Registered: 14 August 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Richard Wayne
posted Hide Post
Good luck on your hunt Ernie, and listen well what the other post said about pfd's. I have been up twice, and last time tye same thing happened to 3 hunter's the week before i got there, but that was sheer stupidity, they would not listen to the guide about going out in rough water,and they went anyway, cost them dearly.! Be careful the water is really black up there , and you can't see rock's a foot under water. let us know how you make out. Be looking forward to here from you. Rick.

Posts: 224 | Location: ontario,canada | Registered: 14 July 2002Reply With Quote