THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM OUTFITTERS FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  Outfitters - Offered and Discounted Hunts    Trophy Desert Mule Deer Aoudad & other West Texas hunts (pictures added)
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Trophy Desert Mule Deer Aoudad & other West Texas hunts (pictures added)
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
This is a prime 30,000 acre ranch 23 miles south of Alpine with 2 5 star lodges on each end of the ranch, walk in cooler, superb skinning facility, and nice well maintained roads. The ranch has never been commercially hunted and has been well managed. The ranch has a spring fed creek that runs through it plus it is well watered (piped into troughs) throughout the ranch. Probably one of the best watered ranches in the area. You can see 15-20+ mule deer bucks per day on this ranch (good days maybe more). The average buck taken is 150 and there are deer into the 180's+ on this ranch every season. The Ranch is under MLD which allows for the extended hunting season for Mule deer in Texas.

Very few aoudad have been taken from this ranch and this ranch buts up to the famous O2. Every aoudad that has been shot here has been over 30 inches 30-35 inch rams are on this ranch and we will only be doing 4 hunts for trophy aoudad on this ranch From October through March.

This ranches Javelina population is insane I have guided javelina hunts in texas for over 15 years and this ranch is one of the best javelina hunting ranches available. Due to the spring fed creek there are some pigs on this ranch as well and we will be doing some hog javelina combo packages as well probably 2 per year.

This is a very special ranch we have been working on getting the hunting rights on for over 6 years. There are not too many ranches of this caliber in west Texas this is a true 5 star facility that has been managed properly.

$7500.00 for a 5 day all inclusive 1x1 guided trophy Mule Deer hunt you can take 1 buck 160+ (you can pick any 5 days in the MLD season later in December when the rut hits is my recommendation)

$5500.00 for a 5 day all inclusive 1x1 guided trophy Mule Deer hunt you can take 1 buck 140-160 (you can pick any 5 days in the MLD season later in December when the rut hits is my recommendation)

I have 2 trophy hunts available for either of the above package at this time these will not last. If you book the 140-160 package and want to upgrade while hunting that is an option.

$3500.00 for a 3 day all inclusive guided management Mule deer hunt you can take any mature buck up to 139 (number of points does not matter). We will have 5 of these packages available and there are some very nice management deer available on this ranch. (you can pick any 3 days in the MLD season)

These deer hunts will not last. I may have a few extra trophy hunts available after we do the survey in October I will know. Last years MLD season was November 2, 2013 through January 26, 2014 and the 2014/2015 dates will be similar. Going forward we will have more trophy mule deer hunts available on this ranch and this would be the place to get into if you were looking for a premier west Texas desert Mule Deer ranch to hunt for years to come.

5 day all inclusive Trophy aoudad Hunt 1x1 guided (we usually have multiple guides for this hunt) $4500.00 30-35 inch aoudad are on this ranch. We will have 4 hunts we are selling and these will not last long from the end of September 2014 - March 2015.

$950.00 for a 2 day all inclusive javelina hunt (2 hunter minimum). Additional days can be added for $450.00 per day per hunter all inclusive. We can do these hunts year round 100% success guaranteed.

$1250.00 for a 2 day all inclusive Javelina hog hunt (2 hunter minimum). Additional days can be added for $600.00 per day per hunter all inclusive. We will only do 2 of these hunts per year and prefer a group of 4 or more we can do these year round.

We may have a few Blue Quail hunts available as well the blue quail population on this ranch is Phenomenal. TPWD blue quail season rules apply I have never done Blue quail hunts in the past so if someone wants to talk about it we will consider a few offers.

Clay Pope
956-763-3232 cell
325-446-2000 office
Pope Brothers Guide Service & Outfitting
www.huntsintexas.com
401main Street
Junction TX 76849

Posts: 36 | Location: Texas | Registered: 20 July 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Got any pics to show of mule deer and aoudad that were taken from your ranch? Are you sure you didn't mean "backs up to the famous '06 (Kokernot) ranch and not '02? Thanks.

Posts: 2276 | Location: West Texas | Registered: 07 December 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Like I said this ranch has never been commercially hunted. It has been a working ranch that the family and a small number of guests have hunted so not a lot of pictures. I am working on getting some pictures but I will need to blur all faces so it may take a few days. One of the owners is a very close personal friend of mine and He will help guide every hunt on the ranch with me. I will have the exclusive hunting rights with him.
The O2 is south of Alpine towards big bend and runs towards Marfa you can google the O2 very famous. "Below the Escondido Rim : A History of The O2 Ranch in the Texas Big Bend" written by David W. Keller is a very good book if anyone wants a good read. The O6 is North of Alpine and runs towards Fort Davis.
This ranch that I am talking about is directly across from Elephant Mountain and has property that adjoins Elephant Mountain as well. I have been hunting and guiding in West Texas for 20 years and this ranch is a gem I am not blowing smoke up anyones but this is the real deal never comes available ranch that has came available. Like I said we have been working on this for about 6 years.
I do have pictures I am working on uploading to photo bucket if anyone would like pictures I can text them or email them just contact me.

Clay

One of Us
posted Hide Post
welcome to AR Clay.For those that don't know Clay I hunted with his outfit just this year in texas with a buddy and had an absolutely fantastic trip taking some great trophies. Can't wait to do it all-over again soon tu2

Posts: 896 | Location: Langwarrin,Australia | Registered: 06 September 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by zhaba:
welcome to AR Clay.For those that don't know Clay I hunted with his outfit just this year in texas with a buddy and had an absolutely fantastic trip taking some great trophies. Can't wait to do it all-over again soon tu2

Let's see some pics!

Posts: 2276 | Location: West Texas | Registered: 07 December 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post

This was a buck his wife took it was 163

These are 2 bucks he took a picture of the larger buck is at the but of the one you can see real well.

One of Us
posted Hide Post

management buck

Trophy buck

aoudad over 30

aoudad over 30

One of Us
posted Hide Post

My friends from Down Under a couple nice armenians they took on their recent hunt.

One of Us
Picture of Jeff Graves
posted Hide Post
Book with confidence!

I just hunted with Clay & his guys last month and had a blast. They have the ground, know what they're doing, and will do all they can to meet your wants & needs.

I'm dying to do this hunt and experience this ranch, and I will as soon as I can find the time. Definitely a rare opportunity here.

Posts: 56 | Location: United States | Registered: 11 August 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
PM Sent

Posts: 782 | Location: Maryland | Registered: 03 April 2008Reply With Quote