Tools

Red stag hunt! Fix price
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of huntromania
posted
Price is 4000 USD and is included:
* 1 red stag regardless of size
* 4 days and  of hunting (1 guide per hunter)
* 5 night’s accommodation (single occupancy) on full board basis excluding drinks
* Transfer to the hunting area and back to the airport
* All transport in hunting area 4x4
* Romanian hunting license
* Romanian hunting insurance
* First preparation of trophies
* Preparing the papers for the export (CITES, customs declarations, etc)
Not included:
* Flights to Romania
* Rental of the firearm at 65 USD per day if necessary. ( Blaser and Steyr guns)
* Cancellation, evacuation and repatriation insurance
* Shipping of trophies to your home address
* Drinks and personal expenses
* Additional day of hunting ….450 USD
* Price for non hunter .......190 USD/day
• fallow stag, roebuck and wild boar can be added to this hunt.
• Optional red stag taxidermy (half mount) price 700USD, fallow stag 575 USD
Success rate of this hunt is very high, the hunt requires a normal physical condition of the hunter.
Any wounded and not recovered animal will be considered hunted.
Arrival airport is Cluj-Napoca (CLJ) and transfer is abut 2 hours.
Accommodation will be in 4 stars lodge, food- international kitchen and traditional Romanian food.
Dates for this hunt are from 17-29.09.2021

Ing. MARIUS VICTOR MERUȚIU
Owner
HUNTROMANIA
contact@huntromania.com
Cell phone +40745280573

Posts: 286 | Location: Romania | Registered: 26 September 2013Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
is this stag hunt during the roar?

SCI life member

Posts: 18 | Location: South Dakota | Registered: 22 August 2017Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
Yes,beginning of September through beginning of October is the rut of red stags, when they are roaring like lions.
I hunted roebucks with Marius Merutiu two years ago in spring and can strictly recommend his organisation.
Beside successful hunting we got very nice impressions of the lovely hills and valleys of Romania and several times enjoyed the hospitality of the rural people, espescially the self-made Slibovitz of PH Gavril (best plum-brandy I ever drank!!eyesight still perfect!).

Posts: 5 | Location: Germany | Registered: 29 August 2017Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
I thought that should be prime roar but wanted to be sure. I am booked in Argentina end of May. If Travel restrictions arent lifted I would consider this adventure.
I hunted with Marius 3 or 4 years ago for Robuck. Travel was difficult and luggage was lost but once we arrived in Romania Marius and his crew was great.

SCI life member

Posts: 18 | Location: South Dakota | Registered: 22 August 2017Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I did this hunt with Marius in 2019 and there were lots of roaring stags! I took a couple very nice wild boar too. My report is posted on AR. I look forward to hunting with Marius in Transylvania again.

"I speak of Africa and golden joys; the joy of wandering through lonely lands; the joy of hunting the mighty and terrible lords of the wilderness, the cunning, the wary and the grim."
Theodore Roosevelt, Khartoum, March 15, 1910

Posts: 250 | Location: Central Massachusetts | Registered: 02 June 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of huntromania
posted Hide Post
Thank you all, for nice words. I hope to see some of you in the near future.
Red stag rut season start around 15.09 and ends 28,29.09. Maximum intensity is around 22.09. Depending on the weather condition

Owner
HUNTROMANIA
contact@huntromania.com
Cell phone +40745280573

One of Us
Picture of Labman
posted Hide Post
What kind of Covid restrictions will one encounter when arriving and departing Romania via air from the USA?

Tom Z

NRA Life Member

Posts: 2286 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: 07 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of huntromania
posted Hide Post
Hello Tom,
In this moment USA is not on the yellow list. That means no quarantine. But that can change every week according to the last 14 days cases.
One thing is sure: with vaccine(10 days after second dose) is free to enter, no quarantine.

Owner
HUNTROMANIA
contact@huntromania.com
Cell phone +40745280573

One of Us
Picture of custombolt
posted Hide Post
Hello Marius. Sorry, the chocolate I promised to send over turned out to be too risky.

Thumbs up for Marius here as well. My big hog was lost for several days. They looked forward and right, not left for the hog, so it was missed. I'm sure that Marius learned from it. He's a genuine good guy and I recommend him. Marius deducted several hundred from the total, gave me the opportunity at a Roe buck at no charge and send me a plaque mount of the tusks at no fee.
The brandy was a fine treat (for this very light drinker) as was sitting with 3 other outfitters who via satellite, monitored the game cams for hogs.
I can see myself going back someday for a red stag or fallow deer.

Advice: If you change airlines during your flights, check the luggage pick-up to see if it is there so you can put it on the next flight you are boarding. I think (no proof) this is where the luggage glitch/delay happens.
Cluj-Napoca security personal were very difficult and made us wait several hours for the luggage, not to mention made us fill out and sign identification paperwork and we received no alert that the luggage was there, plainly visible behind a window for almost 2 hours. Hopefully you can avoid these folks.

Life itself is a gift. Live it up if you can.

Posts: 5086 | Location: Near Hershey PA | Registered: 12 October 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Bud Meadows
posted Hide Post
What is the Trophy Fee for wild boar on this hunt??

Jesus saves, but Moses invests

Posts: 1381 | Location: Lake Bluff, IL | Registered: 02 May 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of huntromania
posted Hide Post
As you know or maybe not, our wild boar population is under African swine fever attack. In some areas is gone and new boars are coming back slowly, in some areas is just the beginning. That’s why I didn’t mention anything about wild boar. Usually the price is based on the length of the tusks.
On this hunt I recommend to add fallow stag, is a very strong and wild population and roebuck.
The boar prices are starting from 600USD.

Owner
HUNTROMANIA
contact@huntromania.com
Cell phone +40745280573