THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM OUTFITTERS FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  Outfitters - Offered and Discounted Hunts    Cape Buffalo Package hunt at $3,850 discount. Observer stays for free!
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Cape Buffalo Package hunt at $3,850 discount. Observer stays for free!
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of ChrisTroskie
posted
Folks,

A couple of years ago I advertised a buffalo package hunt here on AR at a price that almost sounded too good to be true. Take-up was quick and whilst the original idea was to only make one of these packages available, I ended up selling two. Both hunts were successful and two nice old bulls were hunted.

Jeff’s buff

Fredrik’s buff

It’s a well-known fact that here are cheap Buffalo deals available in South Africa. Knowing what the purchase price of Buffalo bulls are nowadays I often wonder how some of these deals are put together but, nevertheless.

To keep Buffalo up here in Limpopo, your land needs to be at least 1,000 acres in size (400HA) and I know of quite a few Buffalo hunts that are conducted on farms as small as that – to each his own but this is not for me or my clients.

I hunt Buffalo on primarily four properties which range in size between 7,500 acres and 20,000 acres. Although there are many Buffalo on these properties, the terrain is of such a nature that it can be quite a challenge to hunt them. Our aim is to hunt only old hard-bossed bulls that should be at least 10 years old and preferably older. Quality does come at a price and for this reason my Buffalo hunts are not the cheapest in the market.

I am going to make one 5 day 1X1 Buffalo package hunt available for 2023 at a discounted price of $10,975. Based on my 2023 pricelist, this means that whoever takes me up on this offer will only be paying the trophy fee for the Buffalo and no daily rates – equaling a discount of $3,850. To sweeten this deal even more, an observer or second hunter can come along for free. And on top of this, Something Africa Taxidermy here in Lephalale will give you a 20% discount on the processing of your Buffalo trophy.

Additional animals can be hunted and paid for as per my 2023 Pricelist.

Included in the buffalo package:

Road transportation from OR Tambo Airport in Johannesburg to Sabrisa Ranch and back.
Luxury Accommodations, meals and drinks for 5 days.

Daily Laundry service.
Services of PH, Trackers, Skinners and Camp Staff.
Skinning, marking and salting of trophies.
Delivery of your trophy(ies) to Something Africa Taxidermy.

Come and experience Africa with CT Safaris where there is simply no substitute for experience!

Regards,

Chris Troskie
Tel. +27 82 859-0771
email. chris@ct-safaris.com
Sabrisa Ranch Ellisras RSA
www.ct-safaris.com
https://youtu.be/4usXceRdkH4

Posts: 851 | Location: Sabrisa Ranch Limpopo Province - South Africa | Registered: 03 November 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I'm the guy with the second buff (Fredrik). I can attest that Chris runs a really nice operation and he and his wife Sabine are great company. If I jad the funds available I'd go again in a heartbeat as Chris was very clear, only true old bulls!

The property we were hunting was maybe 10 min from the farm and it was a really great habitat with a large dam and some swampy area.

If you, like me, like to walk a lot we spent several days taking off on foot from the farm running up and down the mountains next to the accommodation in search of a sable. There's one really big one still around!

Bottom line, I give my highest recommendation to go hunting with Chris and if you want to contact me, please feel free to do that. And just to clarify, I'm in no way financially benefiting from promoting Chris, but I saved hard for 8 years to go on this trip and I did my research carefully when I picked an outfitter and I can confirm I did a good choice.

Also Something taxidermy seems to be a nice company as they keep sending photos continuously as the work is progressing, nice touch and their operation seems professional when we visited them.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Myself and my wife are in the top pic. We had a great time with Chris and his wife. By the way she is a hoot! We also went to Kruger national park. You must have them take you there for a couple of days. Highly recommend them. South Africa is way more beautiful than we ever thought it would be. It was our first time there and we really enjoyed it. I was really happy with my buff and sable.

Posts: 557 | Location: Michigan, US | Registered: 10 April 2007Reply With Quote