Notify
Tools

ALASKA BROWN BEAR, BLACK BEAR & FISHING - 2020
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
BROWN BEAR, BLACK BEAR & FISHING!

Global Hunting Resources & Legacy Outdoors

Hunting brown bears is one of the most exciting experiences you could ever have. We've got two spots this spring on the delta outside of Cordova, AK. This area produces some really good bears in the 9' plus range...my buddy took a 10 footer here. I personally shot one of my largest black bears near Cordova too!

Dates: June 1 - 14, 2020 (Hunters will go immediately into the field - self quarantine...otherwise the outfitter has accommodation available if weather is bad upon arrival)

This is a combo hunt with fishing included. You can harvest a brown bear, a black bear and enjoy some great fishing.

Guiding is 1x1 in a tent based camp.

Price: $22,500 per person (normally black bear is a $3,500 trophy fee...but you can take a black bear on this hunt at no additional charge)

Charter flight is included. You need to arrive in Cordova the day before your hunt and plan on leaving the day after it ends.

Please Note: This is not a chartered fishing trip...fishing is ancillary to the hunting, but will be available for those who wish to do it. If you don't plan to fish...you would only need the nonresident hunting license and bear/s tags.

Additional Fees
Nonresident Hunting License - $160
Nonresident Hunting & Sport Fishing License - $305
Nonresident Brown Bear Tag - $1,000
Nonresident Black Bear Tag - $450

Email globalhunts@aol.com for info / bookings

cdn images

Aaron Neilson
Global Hunting Resources
303-619-2872: Cell
globalhunts@aol.com
www.huntghr.com

Posts: 4884 | Location: Boise, Idaho | Registered: 05 March 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Bear success rate? Looks like I got time off looking for things to do...

White Mountains Arizona

Posts: 2840 | Registered: 31 December 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Is this available in 2021 ?
What sort of fishing ??
Thanks

One of Us
posted Hide Post
How much for a kid/observer?

White Mountains Arizona

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Guys...to answer your questions above.

Success is 85% - 90% on brown bear
Observer is $350 per day
Fishing - King Salmon, Halibut, Rock Fish
Hunts are available in 2021 at the normal price / days. 12 day hunt at $24,500, plus $3,500 black bear trophy fee.

So if you can make it this year, its a much better deal.

Aaron Neilson
Global Hunting Resources
globalhunts@aol.com
www.huntghr.com

Posts: 4884 | Location: Boise, Idaho | Registered: 05 March 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Emailing me at globalhunts@aol.com is the best way to reach me immediately.

Thank you,

Aaron Neilson
Global Hunting Resources
globalhunts@aol.com
www.huntghr.com

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Gunslinger. Tell the outfitter Jake jefferson says hi! This guys is good people. Not sure whose guiding for him now but he runs a good camp and has some great bears.

Master guide #212
Black River Hunting Camps llc
www.alaska-bearhunting.com

Posts: 1395 | Location: Big lake alaska | Registered: 11 April 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Hey Jake hope all is well with you and the kids ! Not sure what I’m going to do but got free time for once!

White Mountains Arizona

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Just a heads up, as it doesn't appear the self-quarantine strategy described in the offer will work. The State of Alaska issued its Phase III/IV guidance this afternoon which goes into effect 8 a.m. 5/22/2020. It specifically states that,
"Clients who are arriving from out of State to participate in chartered Sport/Personal Use fishing or hunting do not meet the definition of Critical Infrastructure workers, and must complete their full 14-day self-quarantine period prior to engaging in their recreational activity"

https://covid19.alaska.gov/wp-...-III-IV-Guidance.pdf

Posts: 246 | Location: Anchorage, AK | Registered: 14 February 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by justanotherhunter:
Just a heads up, as it doesn't appear the self-quarantine strategy described in the offer will work. The State of Alaska issued its Phase III/IV guidance this afternoon which goes into effect 8 a.m. 5/22/2020. It specifically states that,
"Clients who are arriving from out of State to participate in chartered Sport/Personal Use fishing or hunting do not meet the definition of Critical Infrastructure workers, and must complete their full 14-day self-quarantine period prior to engaging in their recreational activity"

Ya I just read that too...totally not what was told to any of us just a week or two ago!

Frankly I've not had anyone book this hunt, but plenty of fishing / hunting guides - outfitters do have clients scheduled. This whole thing is the biggest hoax ever...and the sheep just keep going right along with it! Mad

Still planning to get more clarification though...

Aaron Neilson
Global Hunting Resources
globalhunts@aol.com
www.huntghr.com

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by justanotherhunter:

That is going to bring the Hunting/Fishing industry in Alaska to a complete halt. This seems excessive.

Posts: 574 | Location: Utah | Registered: 30 January 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thankfully, day before yesterday the Governor eased up on the interstate quarantine requirements. As long as you show a negative test result from within 72 hours before landing in the state you won't need to quarantine. You can also get tested on your arrival and quarantine until the results come back negative.

Posts: 246 | Location: Anchorage, AK | Registered: 14 February 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
You mean the test that is totally unreliable? Genious...

White Mountains Arizona

One of Us
Picture of Use Enough Gun
posted Hide Post
quote:
As long as you show a negative test result from within 72 hours before landing in the state you won't need to quarantine.

So, it typically takes up to 72 hours to receive the test results, if blood is drawn-that was my experience. With that said, and just to clarify this, the governor's order would require a negative test RESULT within 72 hours? If so, that is doable-72 hours from receiving the actual RESULT-not taking the actual test.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
The rules are what they are and the information relevant to the advertised offer is listed. I don't think this is the right thread to get into the merits of the testing or the governor's orders.

Just my $0.02

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Just trying to clarify what the 72 hours relates to: actual test or results. The answer makes a huge difference in whether or not it is doable coming from the lower 48.

One of Us
posted Hide Post

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thanks. That clarifies it. It apparently means that you must be tested within 72 hours(three days) of flying to and arriving in Alaska, and you best make sure that you can get your test results immediately, or within a very few hours, in order to provide the proof required upon arrival. And, the proof time period of 72 hours better not expire before you make it there.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
The governor's office is supposed to issue formal details on the new protocol in the next day or so.