THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM OUTFITTERS FORUM

Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Group hunt Zambia. places still available.
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of fairgame
posted
Hi All,

Richard Bell Cross of Prohunt Zambia and the famed Lunga Luswishi concession has offered me an amazing array of species and animals to hunt under a AR group hunt format. Both Richard and I will conduct the hunts at his idyllic camp perched over the Kafue river. The fishing will be awesome this time of year and the river is shallow and gin clear.

We are looking at ten days hunting with the option to do a side excursion for Kafue Lechwe however this opportunity will be limited to three individuals on a first come first served basis.

The hunt will take place late September into early October and note this is a plateau area and the temps are relatively mild compared to the hot valleys.

You will note we already have had interest in this offer and the Sable, Hippo and Croc on offer has been taken. Possibly a second of these species may be available but will not know till nearer the safari date. However we have multiple animals of the species mentioned including such desirables as Crawshay's Deffasa Waterbuck, Croc, Puku, Kudu etc.

As stated the camp is extremely comfortable and has to be one of the most scenic in Zambia. It can boast fine accomodation and cuisine. The bar is always fully stocked.

The daily rates for the whole trip including all transfers = $5,000. Dip & pack probably around $1,000 per person. $50 entry visa and some duty on ammo on arrival.

Trophy fees:

Sable antelope $6,500 - sold

Lechwe, Kafue $3,500

Baboon $200

Bushbuck $900 - 1 sold

Bushpig $800

Crocodile $3,200 - 1 sold

Duiker, common $600

Hartebeest, Lichenstein’s $1,400

Hippopotamus $2,600 - sold

Hyena $800

Impala $300

Jackal $750

Kudu $3,000

Oribi $750

Puku $950 - 1 sold

Reedbuck $850

Warthog $850

Waterbuck, Crawshays defassa $2,400

Zebra $1,200 - 1 sold

ROYAL KAFUE LTD
Email - kafueroyal@gmail.com
Tel/Whatsapp (00260) 975315144
Instagram - kafueroyal

Posts: 9846 | Location: Zambia | Registered: 10 April 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
tu2

Morten

The more I know, the less I wonder !

Posts: 1137 | Location: Oslo area, Norway | Registered: 26 June 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Any chance of adding a buffalo?

One of Us
Picture of fairgame
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Rastaman:
Any chance of adding a buffalo?

Very few Buffalo in this concession. If we happen across one then sure.

ROYAL KAFUE LTD
Instagram - kafueroyal

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Any bird shooting to go along with the fishing and plains game hunting?

STAY IN THE FIGHT!

Posts: 1846 | Location: Southern California | Registered: 25 July 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Sounds like another excellant AR hunt!

Wish the team luck!

Skip Nantz

Posts: 538 | Location: SouthEast, KY | Registered: 09 May 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of fairgame
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by GunsCore:
Any bird shooting to go along with the fishing and plains game hunting?

You are more than welcome to bring a shotgun.

ROYAL KAFUE LTD
Instagram - kafueroyal

One of Us
Picture of buffybr
posted Hide Post
I've already booked that time period in Newfoundland or I would be all over that offer.

NRA Endowment Life Member

Posts: 1631 | Location: Boz Angeles, MT | Registered: 14 February 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of fairgame
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Skip Nantz:
Sounds like another excellant AR hunt!

Wish the team luck!

Cheers Skip

ROYAL KAFUE LTD
Instagram - kafueroyal

One of Us
Picture of fairgame
posted Hide Post

ROYAL KAFUE LTD
Instagram - kafueroyal

One of Us
posted Hide Post
It's snowing again here in Reno, looking forward to September and the chance for another great group hunt! Fishing looks fantastic, too. Let me know what lures to bring!

If anyone is thinking about going I'm happy to give a reference on the first group hunt. Andrew does a superb job with all of the factors that go into putting together a group experience. It very much feels like a group of friends meeting up to experience Zambia's amazing outdoors. It's fun, the right kind of relaxed, and some great hunting and wildlife encounters at the same time.

Posts: 61 | Location: Reno, NV | Registered: 14 August 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of MikeE
posted Hide Post
Great offer Andrew, what sort of accommodations can be made for a non-hunting observer? I'm quite interested.

Master of Boats,
Slayer of Beasts,
Charmer of the fair sex, ......
and sometimes changer of the diaper.....

Posts: 347 | Location: HackHousBerg, TX & LA | Registered: 12 July 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of DLS
posted Hide Post
Andrew, you already know how highly I think of Richard and this area. Ask him if one is left over, might I have another go? Either way, this is of significant interest to me. Gotta figure out how to shoehorn it in with going to Tanzania 6 weeks later. If I can work it out, I’m on board.

Posts: 3833 | Location: California | Registered: 01 January 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of DLS
posted Hide Post
Everyone, I just hunted with Richard Bell-Cross on these same dates in 2018. Temps were very pleasant, mostly in upper 70s to low 80’s. A few mornings were cool but not cold. Superb camp, excellent food. NO mosquitos, as in neither my girlfriend or I got bit one single time. Tetse flies around but not bad, my girlfriend never got bit, while I got good at killing them before they bit me... most of the time.

Lunga is a beautiful concession, very green. We saw Tons of game, several thousand Puku, hundreds of warthogs (some really good ones too!), sable, kudu, impala, waterbuck, zebra, bushbuck, lions, elephants, crocs (biggest we saw was probably 14’j lots of hippos, Sitatunga, etc. Tons of bird life, lots of eagles.

I highly recommend this hunt! I’ll be on it IF I can figure out how to do it in addition to taking my son to Tanzania 6 weeks later.

If someone wouldn’t mind posting some pictures for me, I can add some to show how beautiful Richard’s camp is. Send me an email and I’ll forward some nice photos.

Posts: 3833 | Location: California | Registered: 01 January 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of fairgame
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by DLS:
Everyone, I just hunted with Richard Bell-Cross on these same dates in 2018. Temps were very pleasant, mostly in upper 70s to low 80’s. A few mornings were cool but not cold. Superb camp, excellent food. NO mosquitos, as in neither my girlfriend or I got bit one single time. Tetse flies around but not bad, my girlfriend never got bit, while I got good at killing them before they bit me... most of the time.

Lunga is a beautiful concession, very green. We saw Tons of game, several thousand Puku, hundreds of warthogs (some really good ones too!), sable, kudu, impala, waterbuck, zebra, bushbuck, lions, elephants, crocs (biggest we saw was probably 14’j lots of hippos, Sitatunga, etc. Tons of bird life, lots of eagles.

I highly recommend this hunt! I’ll be on it IF I can figure out how to do it in addition to taking my son to Tanzania 6 weeks later.

If someone wouldn’t mind posting some pictures for me, I can add some to show how beautiful Richard’s camp is. Send me an email and I’ll forward some nice photos.

Hi Mate,

Thanks for the comments and send them to me. See email below.

ROYAL KAFUE LTD
Instagram - kafueroyal

One of Us
Picture of fairgame
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MikeE:
Great offer Andrew, what sort of accommodations can be made for a non-hunting observer? I'm quite interested.

Sure we can accomodate a non hunter and in style as well. The camp can boast a beautiful setting on the river and is very comfortable. It is my wife's favourite destination.

ROYAL KAFUE LTD
Instagram - kafueroyal

One of Us
posted Hide Post
How high is the hyena blind? Wink

After 3 trips to Zambia I probably should take a puku

Formerly Gun Barrel Ecologist

Posts: 324 | Location: Australia  | Registered: 04 May 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of fairgame
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by GBE:
How high is the hyena blind? Wink

After 3 trips to Zambia I probably should take a puku

I don't do trees mate they are not safe. How many Puku do you want?

ROYAL KAFUE LTD
Instagram - kafueroyal

One of Us
Picture of fairgame
posted Hide Post

ROYAL KAFUE LTD
Instagram - kafueroyal

One of Us
Picture of fairgame
posted Hide Post
Note 3 confirmed and 3 opportunities remaining.

ROYAL KAFUE LTD
Instagram - kafueroyal

One of Us
Picture of fairgame
posted Hide Post

ROYAL KAFUE LTD
Instagram - kafueroyal

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I can't recommend this hunt highly enough. It's a beautiful camp in a first class area in wild Africa (both Flack and Shockey hunted there, to give you an idea of its value as a destination). More importantly, Richard and Andrew will work hard to make sure the group hunt is a fun, successful experience for all involved. It's an especially neat opportunity for a hunter who would otherwise be limited by finances to game farm options in RSA or Namibia.

I hunted in Lunga Luswishi as a client in 2010 and liked the area and the Bell-Cross family so much that I came back as an appy in 2011 and 2012. My time as an appy gave me a real appreciation for what professionals Richard and Andrew are (and yes, I did work with 6 or 7 other PHs--all of them good--in other areas, so I do have a basis for comparison).

Here's the report from my hunt as a client:

http://forums.accuratereloadin...061050151#7061050151

One of Us
Picture of fairgame
posted Hide Post
One place remaining and observers welcome.

ROYAL KAFUE LTD
Instagram - kafueroyal

One of Us
Picture of fairgame
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sandyhunter:
I can't recommend this hunt highly enough. It's a beautiful camp in a first class area in wild Africa (both Flack and Shockey hunted there, to give you an idea of its value as a destination). More importantly, Richard and Andrew will work hard to make sure the group hunt is a fun, successful experience for all involved. It's an especially neat opportunity for a hunter who would otherwise be limited by finances to game farm options in RSA or Namibia.

I hunted in Lunga Luswishi as a client in 2010 and liked the area and the Bell-Cross family so much that I came back as an appy in 2011 and 2012. My time as an appy gave me a real appreciation for what professionals Richard and Andrew are (and yes, I did work with 6 or 7 other PHs--all of them good--in other areas, so I do have a basis for comparison).

Here's the report from my hunt as a client:

http://forums.accuratereloadin...061050151#7061050151

Thanks mate

ROYAL KAFUE LTD
Instagram - kafueroyal

One of Us
Picture of fairgame
posted Hide Post
Looks as if we can add another Sable to the AR group hunt.

ROYAL KAFUE LTD
Instagram - kafueroyal

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Your killing me Andrew, Darn it, sucks to be booked ahead of time. May be the best quality Zambian Sable hunt ever offered on here!!

Posts: 1012 | Location: Imperial, NE | Registered: 05 January 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of fairgame
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Gale Johnson:
Your killing me Andrew, Darn it, sucks to be booked ahead of time. May be the best quality Zambian Sable hunt ever offered on here!!

Hunt is from 5 - 15 October

ROYAL KAFUE LTD
Instagram - kafueroyal

one of us
Picture of Bill C
posted Hide Post
Stunning scenery and accommodations Andrew. Are non-drinkers allowed in camp?

Posts: 3153 | Location: PA | Registered: 02 August 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of fairgame
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bill C:
Stunning scenery and accommodations Andrew. Are non-drinkers allowed in camp?

Funny

ROYAL KAFUE LTD
Instagram - kafueroyal

One of Us
Picture of DLS
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by fairgame:
quote:
Originally posted by Gale Johnson:

Hunt is from 5 - 15 October

If I hadn’t recently had rotator cuff surgery and subsequently can’t shoot a rifle this year, there would not be any openings remaining. I love this concession and camp and look forward to hunting there again not too far into the future.

Somebody needs to jump on this, it’s going to be the best AR group hunt yet.

One of Us
Picture of fairgame
posted Hide Post
Some have cancelled if this is of interest to any other AR members?

ROYAL KAFUE LTD
Instagram - kafueroyal

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Is this for this season?

Cheers,
Mark.

Posts: 557 | Location: Victoria, Australia | Registered: 13 February 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of fairgame
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mark R:
Is this for this season?

Cheers,
Mark.

Yes Mark. October. Cheers

ROYAL KAFUE LTD
Instagram - kafueroyal

One of Us
Picture of Charlie64
posted Hide Post

Andrew, Looks like a fantastic location and if the fishing is half as good as you mention I am sure it too will be superb !

Really enjoyed the 2018 group hunt and look forward to joining another one day!

Good luck on this one. Hope you fill all the spaces and have a magnificent group hunt / safari !

"Up the ladders and down the snakes!"

Posts: 2253 | Location: South Africa & Europe | Registered: 10 February 2014Reply With Quote
One Of Us
posted Hide Post
Andrew, Has a date been set yet? We leave for Kona Oct 26, all booked with condo and air...hard to change now for this year.
I noted one fellow commented on Sitatunga in the area. I assume that is not possible??
This one would just be fun for the experience and camaraderie....regardless of what I would shoot!!
Cheers,

470EDDY

Posts: 2540 | Location: The Other Washington | Registered: 24 March 2003Reply With Quote
One Of Us
posted Hide Post
Guess that was a fart in Church, EH??
Well, Andrew must be hunting...tis the season!!
Cheers,

470EDDY

Posts: 2540 | Location: The Other Washington | Registered: 24 March 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of DLS
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 470EDDY:
Andrew, Has a date been set yet? We leave for Kona Oct 26, all booked with condo and air...hard to change now for this year.
I noted one fellow commented on Sitatunga in the area. I assume that is not possible??
This one would just be fun for the experience and camaraderie....regardless of what I would shoot!!
Cheers,

Eddy, Andrew indicated above that the dates are October 5-15. I hunted with Richard last year October 1-8. The weather was beautiful then, lots of game, no mosquitos. As to your question about Sitatunga, I asked because I was interested in hunting them again, it’s not possible on this hunt I found out. It wouldn’t be practical as it is a long drive from Richard’s camp to where you hunt them and it’d burn too much of everyone else’s time.

I’d be going on this hunt myself if I hadn’t undergone rotator cuff surgery 5 months ago (not allowed to shoot a rifle this year) and wasn’t taking my son to Tanzania in a few months. This is going to be a very enjoyable group hunt.

One of Us
Picture of fairgame
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 470EDDY:
Cheers,

Hi Eddy,

Send me an email.

Cheers

ROYAL KAFUE LTD
Instagram - kafueroyal