Find
Notify
Tools

CHARARA SAFARI AREA- CMS LIMITED QUOTA
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Hi Folks

CMS has a small LIMITED quota available in Charara Safari area in kariba. Charara has not been hunted for 3 years. There has been poaching and operator issues but CMS will pay National Parks direct so there will be no problems with exports.

Charara I think it is safe to say is the very best area in the country for Hippo ( on land very good chance) and huge crocs. The way to look at this hunt is to come and hunt hippo and croc and then the buff and tuskless are bonuses should you get one although I am confident you will a fair chance. I am very confident though on the leopard and by all accounts there is decent plains game on the lake shore front.

Camp is a basic rustic fly camp on the Gache Gache river with permanent showers and flush loos but not attached to the tents . One will see local fisherman near camp . Roads will be very rough as they have not been opened for a few years. We would like to sell the hunts as per below. The Phs would be either myself, Allan Shearing, Myles McCallum , Len Taylor or Rich Tabor

7 -10 DAY HUNT AT US$700/DAY $4900
CROC OR / AND HIPPO PLAINS GAME
CROC AND HIPPO US$5000 EA
CITES TAG FOR CROC $100
DIP AND PACK $600
MEDICAL AIR RESCUE US$10/DAY
DRIVE IN AND OUT – FREE
1% ANTI POACHING FEE DIRECT TO KARIBA ANTI POACHING UNITS OPERATING IN THE AREA $162
$157.50 ($22.50/DAY GOV LEVY ON ACCOMADATION)
2% GOV LEVY ON DAILY RATES $98
4% GOV LEVY ON TROPHY FEES $200
PLAINS GAME AT www.cmsafaris.com prices
TOTAL HUNT COST CROC AND HIPPO US$16287.50

10-14 DAY HUNT AT US$700/DAY $7000
CROC OR / AND HIPPO BUFF OR TUSKLESS PLAINS GAME
BUFFALO US$6500
TUSKLESS $5000
CITES TAG FOR CROC $100
DIP AND PACK $600
DRIVE IN AND OUT – FREE
1% ANTI POACHING FEE DIRECT TO KARIBA ANTI POACHING UNITS OPERATING IN THE AREA $238
$22.50/DAY GOV LEVY ON ACCOMADATION $225
2% GOV LEVY ON DAILY RATES $140
4% GOV LEVY ON TROPHY FEES $600
TOTAL HUNT COST FOR CROC HIPPO TUSKLESS US$24003

14 DAY HUNT AT US$700/DAY $9800
LEOPARD CROC OR / AND HIPPO PLAINS GAME
LEOPARD US$7500
CITES TAG FOR CROC AND LEOPARD $200
DIP AND PACK $600
DRIVE IN AND OUT – FREE
1% ANTI POACHING FEE DIRECT TO KARIBA ANTI POACHING UNITS OPERATING IN THE AREA $295
$22.5/DAY GOV LEVY ON ACCOMADATION $315
2% GOV LEVY ON DAILY RATES $196
4% GOV LEVY ON TROPHY FEES $700
TOTAL HUNT COST FOR LEOPARDS CROC AND HIPPO US$29746

www.cmsafaris.com
email- hunting@cmsafaris.com
Buzz- +263 7723136413
Office +263 4 499536

Posts: 1128 | Location: Zimbabwe | Registered: 22 June 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of DLS
posted Hide Post
Many years ago, I enjoyed a wonderful hunt with Roy Vincent at Charara. Tons of buffalo in the hills. My partner, guided by Peter Johnstone, shot a heavy bossed 44" wide bull on the 2nd day. Quite a few leopard and we had lions right in camp one night. Also saw 5 Black Rhino, though I'd guess they've all been poached out now.

If you want a good hunt in some wild country, Charara could be a great option.

Posts: 3855 | Location: California | Registered: 01 January 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
This area should be great for hippo/croc and leopard although when I was there in 2008 with Ben Kotze it had been heavily poached out. We didn't see any buffalo and few elephant along with an occasional impala. Strangely enough we did run into a herd of Roan, not Sable-but Roan, about twenty strong. Hopefully, the area with CM's help will recover. We do need to support this area if it ever is going to come back to what it once was.

STAY IN THE FIGHT!

Posts: 1849 | Location: Southern California | Registered: 25 July 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Mike- were you in Charara communial as it is two very different areas? Cheers Buzz

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Maybe it was the Communal area of Charara....I have no idea really...it was just described as Charara when I was there.

STAY IN THE FIGHT!

Posts: 1849 | Location: Southern California | Registered: 25 July 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Yes Mike it was communal land which is a BIG difference!

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I have just returned from Charara setting camp- how exciting it is to hunt a new area!~ The crocs and hippo were unbelievable and happy with buff and ele numbers. I would like to thank the fellows and lady that have booked so far. The two leopards are sold as are the tuskless and a buffalo. I still have 1 buffalo and quite a few hippo and crocs!

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Our first hunt in Charara has been completed. Laura Beth had a great hunt after tuskless and leopard. She shot her first elephant been the tuskless a massive eland , a hyena an impala and a huge leopard. It is our 10th leopard this season ( out of 10) and the biggest by a margin! She did not want croc or hippo but saw plenty hippo on land and massive crocs and lots of buff. Laura will be putting a hunt report on in the next week or to however I have a single buff hunt at the below

7 days all inclusive us$11500
plains game hippo and croc at cmsafaris.com prices plus 2 %

This is a wild hunt in a tented fly camp miles up the Charara river- it is a true wild experience combined with CMS high standard of food/ organization etc. I am going down now to pre bait for our next client so any questions should be emailed to Kirsty at hunting@cmsafaris.com

Cheers Buzz