New
Find
Notify
Tools

Alaska baited brown bear hunt!!
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Baited brown bear/grizzly hunt available for next spring!

May 24-June 2 $18,000 includes transportation into the hunt site AND, wait for it. and OUT of the hunt sight!!

We have baits accessible by plane and by boat. Bears have been averaging over 8’ and black bears can be taken free of charge as well! Hunt from a comfortable ground blind, drinking hot coffee and relaxing in your chair.(sorry no pumpkin spice is allowed) We hunt the night but as you know alaska in late may has very little dark. Thermacells keep the bugs out of the blind so no annoying skeeters in your face all night. So we get a lot of hunting time. This is one of the prime time frames!
I do all my own guiding snd flying. Bored? Let’s fly out for pizza? Wanna take a flight seeing flight let’s go. Alaska laws says we can hunt over bait the same day we fly. Let’s go do some cool stuff.

Text is best
Jake Jefferson
907-414-9471
Brhc1911@yahoo.com

Master guide #212
Black River Hunting Camps llc
www.alaska-bearhunting.com

Posts: 1395 | Location: Big lake alaska | Registered: 11 April 2008Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
A friend (ColoradoBob on AR) and I did this hunt last year and had a great time. We each got a brown bear and a black bear. Jake is great to hunt with.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
You got a plane Jake?

White Mountains Arizona

Posts: 2834 | Registered: 31 December 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I do!

Master guide #212

Posts: 1395 | Location: Big lake alaska | Registered: 11 April 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Hunt is sold. Booking for 2023!

Master guide #212

One of Us
posted Hide Post
You said price includes transportation into the hunt site. How much do you charge to get out of the hunt site? Big Grin

Posts: 574 | Location: Utah | Registered: 30 January 2013Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
What a stupid question.
1. The hunt is sold.
2. Seeing the guide has his own plane, what else would he do than fly the hunter in and out of camp.

One of Us
Picture of RAR60
posted Hide Post
I normally don't say anything but if you read it says transport INTO the hunt site nothing about round trip etc. To put a further point on this supposed stupid question. When I did my Brown Bear hunt I paid separate (upfront) for an in/out plane ride. I left one day early because of weather and they gouged me another $500.00 because I supposedly didn't leave on exact day. Experience has taught me with these guys you better dot the I's and cross the T's.

Zim 2006
Zim 2007
Namibia 2013
Brown Bear Togiak Nat'l Refuge Sep 2010
Argentina 2019
RSA 2023
SCI Life Member
USMC

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Haha man some literal dudes in here. My bad.
Clients will be walking out. But most tend not to survive so round trip isn’t necessary. Must be paid in full up front. If however your one of the lucky ones and make it I will also get you back OUT of the field as well.

Master guide #212

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Good for you to have a sense of humor! Smiler

one of us
posted Hide Post
rotflmo

Posts: 1532 | Location: Alberta/Namibia | Registered: 29 November 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
no reason to apologize Jake, you covered it in the very first sentence.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by stevet50:
no reason to apologize Jake, you covered it in the very first sentence.

I edited the original post to clear up the confusion…lol

Master guide #212

One of Us
Picture of vlwtx348
posted Hide Post
After hunting with certain PHs/outfits in Africa, it definitely pay to ask the stupid,obvious questions rotflmo

If I can ever get a day off work...I'm coming hunting with you!

Posts: 309 | Location: NE Texas | Registered: 12 February 2012Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Don_G
posted Hide Post
Which area?

Don_G

...from Texas, by way of Mason, Ohio and Aurora, Colorado!

Posts: 1645 | Location: Elizabeth, Colorado | Registered: 13 February 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Fourtyonesix:
Haha man some literal dudes in here. My bad.
Clients will be walking out. But most tend not to survive so round trip isn’t necessary. Must be paid in full up front. If however your one of the lucky ones and make it I will also get you back OUT of the field as well.

jumping

donttroll

Morten

The more I know, the less I wonder !

Posts: 1137 | Location: Oslo area, Norway | Registered: 26 June 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
The tragedy of getting old is that, while one can easily afford such a hunt, the days when I could physically do such are in the past. Fortunately I did manage to do most of the things on my bucket list, including a grizzly bear, so I can leave this mortal coil without regrets. Let me tell you that were I only 60 I would have broken records signing up for this one. And to think it even includes transportation back from the hunting area. Smiler I always enjoyed hunting with a guy with a sense of humor.

Most of my money I spent on hunting and fishing. The rest I just wasted

Posts: 260 | Location: Saint Thomas, Pennsylvania | Registered: 14 February 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
No regrets, means you did something right. I should add I suppose these hunts are about as easy as a guy could ask. You would need to walk about 300 yards on hard ground, almost flat and get in and out of. A super cub. I do these hunts in my crocs believe it or not. We have a good time, I enjoy my job and getting to spend time with people from all over. I even hunted with a guy who didn’t wear kuiu or Sitka gear once! Yup, lots of unique people out there.
This hunt is is south central alaska. There is a two brown bear limit. I believe the dates mentioned have been booked. But I have openings for 2023.

quote:
Originally posted by muttleysgone:
The tragedy of getting old is that, while one can easily afford such a hunt, the days when I could physically do such are in the past. Fortunately I did manage to do most of the things on my bucket list, including a grizzly bear, so I can leave this mortal coil without regrets. Let me tell you that were I only 60 I would have broken records signing up for this one. And to think it even includes transportation back from the hunting area. Smiler I always enjoyed hunting with a guy with a sense of humor.

Master guide #212