New
Find
Notify
Tools

Grizzly Bear/Black Bear hunts
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Still a few spots left open for some combo hunts in interior alaska for grizzly and black bears. contat me for dates available.

hunts are 10 days of hunting, for $10,000. You can harvest one grizzly bear and up to three black bears all included in the price, as is air taxi, guide (me), trophy prep and food and camp gear. You'll need your own pack and sleeping bag.
Fly to anchorage and i'll meet you at a hotel there and deliver you back there at the conclusion of the hunt.
About an 80 percent shot at getting a shot at a grizzly if you are in decent shape and about 90 percent chance at getting a shot at AT LEAST one black bear. Black bears average 6-7 foot and grizz 7-8 foot, we do kill bigger bears on average in late may and early june when they are chasing sows. shot a 9' and 9'11" this may and june. This is a one on one hunt unless other wise requested and you will be the only hunter in the field for my business as i do all my own guiding.
jake jefferson
7362 W parks hwy #381
Wasilla, AK 99654
907-892-4544
www.blackriverhunting.com

Master guide #212
Black River Hunting Camps llc
www.alaska-bearhunting.com

Posts: 1396 | Location: Big lake alaska | Registered: 11 April 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Hunt costs have dropped to $9000.00 or 2x1 for $6500.00 per person

dates available are

may 20-31 last year we shot and lost a 9' grizz and harvested a 6'4" black bear on this hunt.passed on several others.

june 5-16 shot a 9'11" grizzly and a 7'6" and 6' black bear on this hunt. passed on several others as well.

july 8-19th (salmon stream hunt) shot a 7' grizzly with a bow at 14 yards, had 5 grizzly under 40 yards in five days.

Master guide #212

Posts: 1396 | Location: Big lake alaska | Registered: 11 April 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of GrayDuck
posted Hide Post
I did a mtn goat hunt with Jake this last Oct. We had an awesome time and I shot my goat on the third day. Jake is a good honest guy.

Jake honing his videography skills

My wife and I are headed back up to AK this summer to hunt grizz with him. Better jump on these while you can.

"The best laid plans of mice and men often go awry" - Robert Burns

Posts: 226 | Location: Kansas | Registered: 30 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
the may 20-31st hunt has been booked. thanks

Master guide #212

One of Us
posted Hide Post
sent you an email--chris

Posts: 294 | Location: Omaha, NE | Registered: 29 September 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
figured i'd add some pictures from last season.
This is the double on black bears in early june, a 7'6" and 6', both taken on the first morning of the hunt.

and the grizz we killed on day three tailing a nice sow as well...9'11"

Master guide #212

One of Us
posted Hide Post
here is another mid june black bear, although its not black..first color phase we'd ever seen in this area.
6'4" boar

here is a late july grizzly from last year as well, day one. 7'8"

I do all the guiding myself so you won't have to worry about getting stuck in the field with "the new guy" or someone unfamiliar with the area.

Master guide #212

One of Us
Picture of Sevenxbjt
posted Hide Post
Love those color phase blackies. I still haven't connected on a red one yet.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
the june 5-16th hunt is back open...

Master guide #212

One of Us
posted Hide Post
If I wasn't going after leopard this summer I would def be taking this hunt, very interested into looking at this for next year.

Posts: 725 | Location: Texas | Registered: 05 October 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
shoot me and email if your interested for next year, schedules wrote and i'm booking 2011 hunts.

Master guide #212

One of Us
Picture of MotorCity
posted Hide Post
shoot me a e-mail/pm on the 2x1 hunt with my dad. How will the coats be in the summer months?

Posts: 239 | Location: Rochester, Michigan | Registered: 18 May 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Grumulkin
posted Hide Post
I LIKE your no smoking/no alcohol policy and your 2:1 priceing. Now, if I can just talk a friend into going I'll probably be getting back to you.

Posts: 2911 | Location: Ohio, U.S.A. | Registered: 31 March 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Grumulikin, thanks so much it wasn't a hard decision to not do the smoking drinking thing.
get back to me when you can, i've got a couple guys talking about the june hunt so far no ones called or gotten real serious. keep me posted. thanks

Master guide #212

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I've also got a April 2-11 snowmachine hunt open for grizzly bear as well, if that'd be of interest for someone. hunt price is 9000.00

Master guide #212