THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM OUTFITTERS FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  Outfitters - Offered and Discounted Hunts    Need Last Minute Elk and/or Mule Deer Hunt...Help Appreciated
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Need Last Minute Elk and/or Mule Deer Hunt...Help Appreciated
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Hello All,

I know this is last minute but I thought I would throw it out there and see if someone could help.

Last year was my first time to go out west to hunt. My do-it-yourself elk hunt in CO didn't result in an elk, but I did have the time of my life and absolutely loved the trip.

My predicament is that my hunting partners had to cancel at the last minute and I am still wanting to go west THIS FALL for elk, mule deer, etc.

I had decided to pass on the trip out west this year and then thought that life is too short to put things off. Thus, I am looking at a last minute (and hopefully discounted) elk or mule deer hunt (rifle) for this fall. I had drawn a mule deer tag but sent it back for a refund, so I would need an over-the-counter tag of some type. Would consider any state as long as I could get a tag. As far as I know it would just be me driving in from KY.

I have 30 years of hunting experience and am a hunter safety instructor for the state of KY, so I am safe and responsible. I am just new to hunting the western states so could use some help if possible.

If anyone knows of any hunts (guided, private land, etc) or has any suggestions or helpful advice please send me a PM.

I can work with just about any dates so that is not a huge concern. Thank you in advance.

Posts: 209 | Location: Kentucky | Registered: 18 July 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Racer,

I had the time of my life on an archery antelope/elk hunt with a great guy by the name of Clayton DeForest.

He did a great job and while we didn't get an elk, he had us in them every day. I'm sure that had I been carrying a rifle and not a bow, the outcome would have been entirely different.

You can find out more about him at the following web address:

http://phantom-canyon.com/

Or, simply call him at 719-691-0048.

I don't know if he has any openings or not, but it would be worth a phone call.

Tell him Steve said hi.

Posts: 816 | Location: Whitlock, TN | Registered: 23 March 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Premier Hunting Adventures
posted Hide Post
PM sent with several options.

Larry Holjencin

Premier Hunting Adventures
760 Van Loo Rd.
Canon City, CO 81212

http://www.premierhuntingadventures.com
larry@premierhuntingadventures.com