New
Find
Notify
Tools

Turkey season dates available for South Dakota
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Application deadline is February 19th and you can apply online very easily. The season runs from April 11th through May 17th. $85 for a single nonresident license and $100 for a double nonresident license. I can also help you apply for extra licenses if you're interested in more birds. If there are left over you can have up to six licenses. Three days of hunting that includes lodging and meals and the guides will get you on the birds but you do your own calling. $791.25 is the hunt price and that includes taxes. Over 20,000 acres in South Dakota of private land. Plenty of turkeys and very little pressure. I can also do the same thing in Montana.
Randy Routier 11000 Holcomb Place Buffalo, SD 57720. 605-375-3306 or hunt@huntsd.net

Posts: 517 | Location: North West South Dakota | Registered: 26 October 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
How many turkeys does this include if you have the tags?

Posts: 555 | Location: the Mississippi Delta | Registered: 05 October 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
The $85 license is good for one bird and the $100 license is good for two birds. If things went exactly right and you wanted to add more birds to the package you could apply for leftover licenses later on this year and get up to six birds.

Posts: 517 | Location: North West South Dakota | Registered: 26 October 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Where could we fly into? My hunting partner flies a Bonanza? Do we stay in a ranch house or what? Is this a working ranch? How many other parties would be hunting at any time? How long have you been offering this hunt? How many turkeys were shot off of this ranch last year? What is the normal weather during this time of the year? Can you hunt in the afternoon or is this a morning area only? How much are the left over licenses?

Thanks,

Hartley Kittle

Posts: 555 | Location: the Mississippi Delta | Registered: 05 October 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by h kittle:
Where could we fly into? My hunting partner flies a Bonanza? Do we stay in a ranch house or what? Is this a working ranch? How many other parties would be hunting at any time? How long have you been offering this hunt? How many turkeys were shot off of this ranch last year? What is the normal weather during this time of the year? Can you hunt in the afternoon or is this a morning area only? How much are the left over licenses?

Thanks,

Hartley Kittle

If you fly commercially you go to Rapid City South Dakota. There is a airport in Buffalo, South Dakota that is about 30 miles away if you fly privately but I admit I do not know about size limits and whatnot of airplanes they can take. Yes this is a cattle ranch and we have been outfitting for about 20 years. I have live on this ranch in my entire life and I'm the sixth generation in this county. Yes you stay right in the ranch house with us. Your party will be absolutely the only people hunting at this time and transportation is provided after you arrive. Left over licenses are the same price as regular licenses are and we hunt all day long if the hunter is willing and capable. Feel free with more questions. Randy