Find
Notify
Tools

CMS - ZAMBIA- UPPER LUPANDE
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
CMS ZAMBIA- UPPER LUPANDE

CMS WILL HAVE A FEW HUNTS THIS YEAR IN THE UPPER LUPANDE WHICH SHARES A BIG BORDER WITH SOUTH LUANGWA NATIONAL PARK. OFTEN DESCRIBED AS ONE OF IF NOT THE BEST LUANGWA VALLEY PRIME AREA. IT HAS INCREDIBLE BUFFALO NUMBERS AND IS RENOUNED FOR LEOPARD AND LION. THE CATS HAVE ALWAYS BEEN 100% AND I HAVE SEVERAL PICS OF GREAT LIONS SEEN WHILE DOING ROAD WORK. I LOOKED AT SEVERAL AREAS WHILE I WAS THERE AND UPPER LUPANDE STOOD OUT BY QUITE A WAY!

I SPENT 3 DAYS DRIVING AROUND THE AREA AND WAS AMAZED AT GAME NUMBERS AND QUALITY AND THE OVER ALL BEAUTY OF THIS AREA. WE ARE LOOKING AT A LONG TERM ARRANGMENT IN THIS FINE AREA BUT AS THE OWNER ONLY GOT HIS PERMIT LATE HE HAS SOME VERY GOOD DEALS FOR US THIS YEAR AS PER BELOW. THIS IS A CHANCE TO EXPERIENCE ONE OF THE BEST PRIME AREAS IN THE LUANGWA VALLEY AT AN INCREDIBLY CHEAP RATE. AS OF NEXT YEAR THESE HUNTS WILL BE DOUBLE.

5 X7 DAY ALL INCLUSIVE BUFFALO HUNT AT US$ 12000 ALL INCLUSIVE
1 X 10 DAY LEOPARD PLAINS GAME HUNT US$18000 ALL INCLUSIVE
1 X 18 DAY LION BUFFALO PLAINS GAME US$ 65000 ALL INCLUSIVE

THIS INCLUDES DAILY RATES DIP AND PACK AND TROPHY LISTED ABOVE AS WELL AS THE DRIVE FROM MAFUE INTERNATIONAL AIRPORT TO CAMP

THIS DOES NOT INCLUDE TIPS SHOULD YOU WANT TO LEAVE ANY AND THE FLIGHT FROM LUSAKA TO MAFUE WHICH IS ABOUT US$ 300 RETURN
Visa on arrival US$55 per person
Duty on ammo US$5 per round
Local airport departure tax US$25 per person
Observer $290 per day
Lusaka accommodation if applicable
All insurances
Air freight of trophies from Zambia on export

ON THE BUFFALO PLAINS GAME HUNTS AND LEOPARD PLAINS GAME YOU MAY TAKE THE FOLLOWING TROPHIES

BABOON $100
BUSHBUCK $750
BUSHPIG $500
CROCODILE $2150
DUIKER $500
GRYSBOK $500
HIPPO $500
HYENA $850
IMPALA $350
KUDU $2250
PUKU $850
WARTHOG $500
ZEBRA $1250

ON THE LION HUNT YOU MAY TAKE ALL THE ABOVE INCLUDING

ELAND $4000
KLIPSRINGER $950
ROAN $6000
WATERBUCK $1100
WILDBEAST COOKSON $2250

FOR MORE INFO CONTACT ME ON
hunting@cmsafaris.com
www.cmsafaris.com
tel 263 772136413

Posts: 1128 | Location: Zimbabwe | Registered: 22 June 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Good prices for Zambia and the first 10 day baited leopard hunt I have ever seen.

STAY IN THE FIGHT!

Posts: 1846 | Location: Southern California | Registered: 25 July 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of fairgame
posted Hide Post
Great pricing and indeed 14 days is the required minimum for Leopard.

Who are the PHs?

ROYAL KAFUE LTD
Email - kafueroyal@gmail.com
Tel/Whatsapp (00260) 975315144
Instagram - kafueroyal

Posts: 9840 | Location: Zambia | Registered: 10 April 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Hi Andrew yes The 14 day permit is bought from Zawa but the hunt will be 10 days. The Ph is Manlio Grassetto- he is as I am sure you know an old hat having hunted with Fico Vedale for many yeas in Zambia as well as Tanzania.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I don't see Sable on the list. Just wondering..... Bruce

Posts: 371 | Location: Gillette, Wy USA | Registered: 11 May 2012Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Bruce,

There are no sable in the Luangwa.

Mark

MARK H. YOUNG
MARK'S EXCLUSIVE ADVENTURES
7094 Oakleigh Dr. Las Vegas, NV 89110
Office 702-848-1693
Cell, Whats App, Signal 307-250-1156 PREFERRED
E-mail markttc@msn.com
Check us out on https://www.facebook.com/pages...ures/627027353990716

Posts: 12838 | Location: LAS VEGAS, NV USA | Registered: 04 August 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Nice to see a hunt special from one of Zambias super prime hunting blocks. With this area, one is hunting one of Zambias richest concessions. I have the privilege of hunting these areas very often and can confirm that a hunter would not have any problems taking buffalo or a leopard in the specified time. The plains game numbers are excellant. I have personally seen buffalo herds or up to 600 in the Mutanda plains. No lion or leopard have been taken in upper lupande since the hunting ban in 2011. Someone's in for a real treat. The beauty of these areas are that you can make a side trip to the south Luangwa national park which is just across the river.

Nice to see some of zimbabwes finest operators and PHs collaborating with the Zambian guys! It would only mean good things for the hunting areas and hunting in this country.

one of us
Picture of Charles_Helm
posted Hide Post
Buzz:

Are there plans to do any of these in 2017?

Thanks.

Posts: 8773 | Location: Republic of Texas | Registered: 24 April 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Steve Ahrenberg
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Buzz Charlton:
Hi Andrew yes The 14 day permit is bought from Zawa but the hunt will be 10 days. The Ph is Manlio Grassetto- he is as I am sure you know an old hat having hunted with Fico Vedale for many yeas in Zambia as well as Tanzania.

Funny, I've run into Manlio several times over the years. Once in Bangweulu with Andrew in 2004??? he was with Dave Rademeyer. Again in Lusaka one night and again in Nyaminga in probably 2009.

Manlio had Dustin Neal in tow as his apple at the time. (in Nyaminga)

Formerly "Nganga"

Posts: 3310 | Location: Phoenix, Arizona | Registered: 26 April 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I'm sorry, but five bucks a round duty on ammo is a rip off. A box of twenty is $100? Give me a break.

Posts: 807 | Location: East Texas | Registered: 03 November 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
5 X 7 means what ? 5 hunters! Sorry for my ignorance.

Posts: 36 | Location: India | Registered: 23 August 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the comments- and especially nice having a good comment from Njati whom obviously is from Zambia and hunted extensively!

Charles yes we plan to hunt there next season but what I can tell you is that the prices will not be anywhere near what is been offered for this year!

BAPU 5 x 7 day- means that I have 5 buffalo hunts to be sold on 7 days. As it is it looks like the leopard and one buff is sold- thanks guys!

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Nice to see a hunt special from one of Zambias super prime hunting blocks. With this area, one is hunting one of Zambias richest concessions. I have the privilege of hunting these areas very often and can confirm that a hunter would not have any problems taking buffalo or a leopard in the specified time. The plains game numbers are excellant. I have personally seen buffalo herds or up to 600 in the Mutanda plains. No lion or leopard have been taken in upper lupande since the hunting ban in 2011. Someone's in for a real treat. The beauty of these areas are that you can make a side trip to the south Luangwa national park which is just across the river.

Nice to see some of zimbabwes finest operators and PHs collaborating with the Zambian guys! It would only mean good things for the hunting areas and hunting in this country.

I agree, plenty of buffalo. Lion and leopard should be very good too, and relatively easy after the ban. But what is your experience with eland, wildebeest and roan in the area?

@MARK H YOUNG Sable does occur in the valley, but but very rare east of the Luangwa, and rare west of it. Luwawata had a decent number, but not sure what the situation there is now after the previous concession holders, who hunted very conservatively, lost it.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
good pricing and you get to hunt in the luangwa valley.....thats a win win beer

Posts: 81 | Location: uk and zambia | Registered: 27 December 2015Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
BushPeter,

I might have been best if I had said I don't know anywhere in the Luangwa they occur in huntable numbers. Personally in about 60 hunitng days there I've never seen one or even heard anybody talk about them being in the valley. Roan yes but not many.

Mark

MARK H. YOUNG
MARK'S EXCLUSIVE ADVENTURES
7094 Oakleigh Dr. Las Vegas, NV 89110
Office 702-848-1693
Cell, Whats App, Signal 307-250-1156 PREFERRED
E-mail markttc@msn.com
Check us out on https://www.facebook.com/pages...ures/627027353990716

Posts: 12838 | Location: LAS VEGAS, NV USA | Registered: 04 August 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Those are great offers in a top area. You will not see prices like this for 2017 in this area.
Buzz I would recheck the Hippo TF

Thor Kirchner
Munyamadzi Game Ranch
+260 978157643
P.O. Box 570049
Nyimba, Zambia
www.thorwildlifesafaris.com
munyamadzi@live.com

Posts: 312 | Location: Luangwa, Zambia | Registered: 04 June 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of DCS Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Thor Kirchner:
Those are great offers in a top area. You will not see prices like this for 2017 in this area.
Buzz I would recheck the Hippo TF

Jaja! Good catch, Thor.

I meant to be DSC Member...bad typing skills.

Marcus Cady

DRSS

Posts: 3426 | Location: Dallas | Registered: 19 March 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BushPeter:
quote:

I agree, plenty of buffalo. Lion and leopard should be very good too, and relatively easy after the ban. But what is your experience with eland, wildebeest and roan in the area?

@MARK H YOUNG Sable does occur in the valley, but but very rare east of the Luangwa, and rare west of it. Luwawata had a decent number, but not sure what the situation there is now after the previous concession holders, who hunted very conservatively, lost it.

Eland and roan are not that plentiful. However one has a good chance of getting a cooksons wildebeest closer to the nsefu national park boundary.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Guys I am sorry and would like to thank Thor for pointing out I did a TYPO on the hippo which is $2150 and not $500- my bad ! Still considering they are us$5000 here in Zim its darn good! Apologies for any misunderstanding!

One of Us
Picture of fairgame
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Buzz Charlton:
Guys I am sorry and would like to thank Thor for pointing out I did a TYPO on the hippo which is $2150 and not $500- my bad ! Still considering they are us$5000 here in Zim its darn good! Apologies for any misunderstanding!

Its just ours are bigger.

Just out of interest have you had any enquiries about the Lion?

ROYAL KAFUE LTD
Instagram - kafueroyal

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Hi Andrew- Yes we have but it is not sold. The leopard and a few buff have sold! Word has it you got a monster lion a while ago! Well done!! Cheers Buzz

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the bookings guys-AR fellows have taken 2 leopard and another for buff. I have also sold another buff to an old client of mine- so there are 3 buff specials and a lion still available guys!

One of Us
Picture of fairgame
posted Hide Post
Buzz,

Sure you cannot temp our good man Mr. Shores with that Lion?

ROYAL KAFUE LTD
Instagram - kafueroyal

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Andrew Larry is already coming out for a couple of ele otherwise I would have tried- it really is a heck of an opportunity!!!

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Awesome offer.

BUTCH

C'est Tout Bon
(It is all good)

Posts: 1925 | Location: Lafayette, LA | Registered: 05 October 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Folks just to let you know that there is one more

LEOPARD BUFFALO 14 DAY HUNT ALL INCLUSIVE AT US$28000 THAT I CAN OFFER- IT IS A VERY GOOD DEAL!

TWO AR MEMBERS WILL BE GOING UP IN FOR THIER LEOPARDS SHORTLY WITH THE FIRST LEAVING TOMORROW SO I LOOK FORWARD TO SEEING THEIR GOOD RESULTS!

One of Us
posted Hide Post
THIS IS WHY I NEVER BOOK A HUNT, OR I SHOULD SAY SELDOM DO I BOOK A HUNT AT THE SHOWS...
GREAT DEALS CONGRATS ON THOSE THAT GOT THEM..
BUZZ ONE DAY I WOULD LIKE TO HUNT WITH YOU GUYS!

NRA LIFE MEMBER
DU DIAMOND SPONSOR IN PERPETUITY
DALLAS SAFARI CLUB LIFE MEMBER
SCI FOUNDATION MEMBER

Posts: 1366 | Location: SPARTANBURG SOUTH CAROLINA | Registered: 02 July 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Guys:

I recently returned from a successful leopard hunt in CMS' new Zambia area - the Upper Lupande.

The hunting is as advertised, and I'm working on a hunt report.

In the meantime, I thought you might enjoy this pic of a lion in the area. I wasn't hunting lion, and we no longer had baits up at this point (day 5). We were all just hunting buffalo .... I was told this was the "smallest" of 5 large, maned lions utilizing the area, and I believe it. Based upon my recent experience, the remaining available hunts offered by CMS are great deals that carry an excellent chance of success. Book with confidence.

Posts: 661 | Location: Below sea level. | Registered: 21 March 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Hi Charles- beautiful pic! Its one of 5 big lions seen regularly there!!!