THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM OUTFITTERS FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  Outfitters - Offered and Discounted Hunts    MOKORE SAFARIS BUFF, ELE, SABLE, NYALA and PG SPECIALS ZIM and MOZAMBIQUE for '14
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

MOKORE SAFARIS BUFF, ELE, SABLE, NYALA and PG SPECIALS ZIM and MOZAMBIQUE for '14
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Mokore Safaris still has some quota available in Sengwa Research and the SAVE in Zim as well as on Coutada 9 in Mozambique for '14 (see Neil Duckworth's posts on this forum on Coutada 9)

All 3 of these areas offer excellent hunting. The Save offers a great variety of game and the numbers are amazing. Sengwa is in the Valley and provides that big wild experience for all the Big 4 plus PG. Coutada 9 is the best unfenced PG hunting I've ever seen. Four of the spiral horns could be picked up here on a 10 day safari.

Camps in all these areas are very comfy and equal to the best I've seen in either country.

ZIMBABWE:

SAVE: 1X1 10 day package to include daily rates and trophy fee for (1) trophy buffalo $14,950

SENGWE RESEARCH: 1X1 7 day package to include daily rates and trophy fee for (1) trophy buffalo $11,950

SENGWE RESEARCH: 1X1 10 day elephant bull package to include daily fees and trophy fee for (1) ele bull $27,500

SENGE RESEARCH: 1X1 10 day tuskless hunt $950 per day. Trophy fee $4,000

BOTH AREAS: 1X1 PG 7 day minimum $500 per day.

Trophy fees:

Ele bull $14,000
Buffalo $5,000
Eland $1,500
Giraffe $1,500
Kudu $1,750
Zebra $850
Wildebeest $750
Bushbuck $750
Hyena $650
Warthog $400
Impala $250
Duiker $200
Baboon $50

Extra:

2% tax on daily rates and trophy fees
$20 pppd Conservation levy
Road tansfer or charters
Dip/pack and shipping

MOZAMBIQUE:

COUTADA 9: 1x1 10 day sable or nyala package to include daily fees and trophy fee for (1) myala or sable $9,950

COUTADA 9: 1X1 7 day minimum PG $500 per day.

Trophy fees:

Sable $4,000
Nyala $4,000
Lichenstein's hartebeest $2,250
Eland $2,000
Kudu $1,750
Chapmann's zebra $2,000
Bushbuck $800
Reedbuck $850
Oribi $750
Suni $1,150
Red duiker $1,150
Bushpig or warthog $500
Impala $400
Grysbok $400
Baboon $300

Extras:

10% tax on daily rates
Hunting permit $350
Gun permits $250 per gun
Road transfers and charters
Dip/pack shipping

A 12 day SAVE/COUTADA 9 combo can be arranged for buffalo/sable $21,500

These prices are all significantly below Mokore's advertised prices. This would be a good opportunity to hunt with one of the best at an excelelnt price.

Contact me anytime with your questions.

Mark

MARK H. YOUNG
MARK'S EXCLUSIVE ADVENTURES
7094 Oakleigh Dr. Las Vegas, NV 89110
Office 702-848-1693
Cell, Whats App, Signal 307-250-1156 PREFERRED
E-mail markttc@msn.com
Check us out on https://www.facebook.com/pages...ures/627027353990716

Posts: 12858 | Location: LAS VEGAS, NV USA | Registered: 04 August 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Wow - $7,500 for a 7 day sable hunt... that sounds really good.

How big a sable is one typically going to see Mark?

A day spent in the bush is a day added to your life
Hunt Australia - Website
Hunt Australia - Facebook
Hunt Australia - TV

Posts: 4456 | Location: Australia | Registered: 23 January 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Matt Graham:

Where did you see this?
For $7,500 I'll go!

Dennis

http://www.dr-safaris.com/
Instagram: dr-safaris

Posts: 2072 | Location: Around the wild pockets of Europe | Registered: 09 January 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Caracal:
quote:

Where did you see this?
For $7,500 I'll go!

Dennis

Plus charters of course!!!

COUTADA 9: 1x1 10 day sable or nyala package to include daily fees and trophy fee for (1) myala or sable $9,950
COUTADA 9: 1X1 7 day minimum PG $500 per day. = $3,500
Trophy fees:
Sable $4,000

Hunt Australia - Website
Hunt Australia - TV

One of Us
posted Hide Post
@Matt
I thought Sable is not considered "normal" PG, that's why they offer the 10day pkg.
If you can take it on $500 daily rate that is an awesome deal!

Dennis

http://www.dr-safaris.com/
Instagram: dr-safaris

Posts: 2072 | Location: Around the wild pockets of Europe | Registered: 09 January 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
@Matt
I thought Sable is not considered "normal" PG, that's why they offer the 10day pkg.
If you can take it on $500 daily rate that is an awesome deal!

Dennis
Maybe so - but the 10-day sable package is still close to it.

Hunt Australia - Website
Hunt Australia - TV

one of us
posted Hide Post
Gentlemen,

The sable and nyala are only available on a 10 day hunt but as Matt says $9950 to include a nyala or sable is an excellent price. Remember this is also a wilderness hunt with the Big 4 in residence and not on a fenced ranch.

Mark

MARK H. YOUNG
Office 702-848-1693
E-mail markttc@msn.com

Posts: 12858 | Location: LAS VEGAS, NV USA | Registered: 04 August 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I think I posted on another thread that the Save/C9 combo would be hard to beat. You would see all of the big 5 and generally large amount of game in one area and a glimpse of the old (pre war) Mozambique in the other.

Posts: 1859 | Location: St. Charles, MO | Registered: 02 August 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ozhunter
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:

Where did you see this?
For $7,500 I'll go!

Dennis

Plus charters of course!!!

I. Think the drive you in from Harare direct to the hunting area?
Would be a nice drive as you see the countryside change as you drive down into Mozambique.

Posts: 5886 | Location: Sydney,Australia  | Registered: 03 July 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Guy Whittall
posted Hide Post
SENGWE to me is one of the most scenic hunting areas in zimbabwe.The views are just amazing.

I understand that some hunters are looking for that 50 pounds + .This can be achieved in certain areas in the Save or around park boundaries.Those being Hwange and Ghona re zhou.

But from a personal point of view i believe in the old traditional way of hunting elephant.To achieve this you need a large concession where you can pick up a track and follow it all day with out worrying about a boundary.The experience of watching the skill and endurance of a tracker following a bull/s.the habits and habitat that one would learn on route of following these magnificent animals is second to none.The best part to me being lead into the unknown.I could go on and i have no doubt those that have hunted Jumbo this way will agree.

Sengwe takes the odd 50 pounder but realistically one is looking at a 35 to 40 pounder.This elephant hunt advertised is with a top operator in a big area and gary and neil are top PHs.Barry Duckworth their father is a Legend in Zimbabwes hunting history and a story on its own that i hope will come out in the near future.So no doubt the campfire will have lots of stories and lies.

Posts: 196 | Location: Zimbabwe and Mozambique | Registered: 04 January 2013Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Safari2,

Your absolutely right. I did the Save/Coutada 9 on one safari with Mokore and it was one of the best hunts I've ever had. Great variety of species all the way from the Big 5 to the diminutive Red duiker and Suni could be seen on this safari.

ozhunter,

It is possible to drive from Harare to Coutada 9 but the Duckworths have found that flying from JNB to Tete and then driving to camp from there works more efficiently.

Guy,

Thanks for your comments on the Duckworths. I don't think you'll find a better bunch of people to deal with in Zim or anywhere else in Africa.

Mark

MARK H. YOUNG
Office 702-848-1693
E-mail markttc@msn.com

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Guy Whittall:
SENGWE to me is one of the most scenic hunting areas in zimbabwe.The views are just amazing.

I understand that some hunters are looking for that 50 pounds + .This can be achieved in certain areas in the Save or around park boundaries.Those being Hwange and Ghona re zhou.

But from a personal point of view i believe in the old traditional way of hunting elephant.To achieve this you need a large concession where you can pick up a track and follow it all day with out worrying about a boundary.The experience of watching the skill and endurance of a tracker following a bull/s.the habits and habitat that one would learn on route of following these magnificent animals is second to none.The best part to me being lead into the unknown.I could go on and i have no doubt those that have hunted Jumbo this way will agree.

Sengwe takes the odd 50 pounder but realistically one is looking at a 35 to 40 pounder.This elephant hunt advertised is with a top operator in a big area and gary and neil are top PHs.Barry Duckworth their father is a Legend in Zimbabwes hunting history and a story on its own that i hope will come out in the near future.So no doubt the campfire will have lots of stories and lies.

Guy..your dad is right there with Mr. Duckworth..another story to look forward to!

Posts: 1859 | Location: St. Charles, MO | Registered: 02 August 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MARK H. YOUNG:

ozhunter,

It is possible to drive from Harare to Coutada 9 but the Duckworths have found that flying from JNB to Tete and then driving to camp from there works more efficiently.
That would be cool! How long is the drive from Tete and is there an extra charge for this?

Can you give me a rundown on the sable quality and trophy average there. I have some friends who want to do these things in the future.

Hunt Australia - Website
Hunt Australia - TV

one of us
posted Hide Post
Matt,

The round trip from Tete to camp is $800 RT for the vehicle and I believe the drive is about 3 hours.

Neil Duckworth posted some sable pix from Coutada 9 on one of his threads on this forum. Trophy expectations should be for a sable in the 36"-38" range. These sable genetically do not grow as large as you might find in Zambia's Kafue but the total experience on Coutada 9 cannot be beat plus the cost is about half what a sable safari could run in some other areas.

Mark

MARK H. YOUNG
Office 702-848-1693
E-mail markttc@msn.com

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thank all for he positive comments, like Mark says for the price you won't get a better deal for the experience offered here. Yes the sable are not as long here but big bodied with very heavy horn and totally unfenced. Hard to beat this 10 day deal, with trophy fee included ,many places trophy fee alone is normally between 6500 to 8500. A couple tags left so make hay while the sun shines..

Posts: 229 | Location: Coutada 9 Mozambique | Registered: 27 December 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Mark,
Success rate and trophy expectation on the Sengwe buff hunt and dates available/best time of year ?
Thanks Much.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Mark,

In one of ND’s hunt reports he talks about the number of Waterbuck in Sengwe... Nothing on the trophy price list would these be available in either Moz or Zim, as they are one species I would be interested in.

Thanks

Alex Nielsen

Posts: 66 | Location: Europe | Registered: 15 June 2011Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Alex,

Waterbuck are available but on a longer hunt and/or in limited quota.

Mark

MARK H. YOUNG
Office 702-848-1693
E-mail markttc@msn.com