THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM OUTFITTERS FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  Outfitters - Offered and Discounted Hunts    Spring Wild Turkey and Fishing Combo Cancellations
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Spring Wild Turkey and Fishing Combo Cancellations
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of Capt. Purvis
posted
Due to Covid-19 we have cancelled all of our Spring hunting and fishing trips. All deposits that were not refunded electronically were mailed this morning. On a positive note, there will be more mature gobblers around in 2021. Hope that everyone keeps well and your business is greatly appreciated.
Regards,
Clark

This hunt takes place in the low grounds of North Eastern NC, which is the most populated area of wild turkeys in state. Only mature gobblers will be harvested. You will be fishing on the Roanoke River near Weldon, NC. This area of the Roanoke is known as the stripped bass capital of the world. Hundreds of thousands of fish come up from the ocean to spawn and the action is truly amazing. It is very common to catch over one hundred fish a day.
This is a guided hunt that takes place on thousands of acres of private land. Lodging is included with this trip. In order to decrease hunting pressure we only hunt three days per week. I have a few dates available for a Friday, Saturday and Sunday or Saturday, Sunday and Monday package.

Pricing
$700 per day for one person.
$500 per person for a group of two.
$400 per person for three or more.

Trip is provided by:
Roanoke River Waterfowl.
Outfitter is Captain Clark Purvis
PO Box 336
Hobgood, NC 27843
252-826-4288
www.roanokeriverwaterfowl.com/

[url=http://i.imgur.com/MXqr0qc.jpg%5B/IMG%5D]http://i.imgur.com/MXqr0qc.jpg[/IMG]

Captain Clark Purvis

Posts: 1141 | Location: Eastern NC Outer Banks | Registered: 21 March 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Capt. Purvis
posted Hide Post
We planted crimson clover along with cypress knee chufa for our Spring food plots. Turkeys and other game love this type of habitat.

Chufa is one of the best crops you can plant for wild turkeys because it provides a late winter and early spring food source. We also plant this in our impoundments for waterfowl.

From the below game picture you can see the biodiversity that chufa draws. I have seen nutrias travel as far as 200 yards from any water source to scratch and dig in the ground for the Chufa nuts. You can shoot all of the nutrias you want! I have a Cajun friend that says they are good to eat. Not that I am a picky eater but would have to be hungry to dine on rodent. Too much good stuff to choose from at Food Lion!

Captain Clark Purvis

Posts: 1141 | Location: Eastern NC Outer Banks | Registered: 21 March 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Looks to be a bit of water in your area. Do you have any pictures of the floating turkey decoys you useSmiler?

Posts: 621 | Location: Manitoba, Canada | Registered: 10 September 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Capt. Purvis
posted Hide Post
Often we see turkeys walking in six inch water on the edges of the river bottoms but no floating decoys. We do drift down the creeks on canoes and call to locate gobblers.

Captain Clark Purvis

one of us
posted Hide Post
Looks like great fun ... so it is $700 a day for three days ... $2,100. ?

Posts: 1532 | Location: Alberta/Namibia | Registered: 29 November 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
How many birds can be taken over the 3 days? I presume the license and tags are over the counter?

Posts: 470 | Location: Mountains of Southern New Mexico | Registered: 24 December 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Capt. Purvis
posted Hide Post
License and tags are over the counter. NC law allows you to harvest two wild turkeys.

Captain Clark Purvis

One of Us
Picture of Capt. Purvis
posted Hide Post
Few more weeks left in our season. I am expecting the Toms to really get active anytime. So far this season they have not been vocal on the ground.

AR Member with a mature five year old Tom!

Recent game camera picts of birds in chufa plots

Captain Clark Purvis

One of Us
Picture of Bud Meadows
posted Hide Post
I hunted deer with Clark in October 2017 and saw a TON of turkeys. The cabin that Clark uses is nicely decorated with mounted critters, and the food was awesome. Clark is a good guy all around. In fact, the buck that I shot was chasing a hot doe towards a field, and they spooked a flock of turkeys that I had been watching with the racket they made running through the woods as they approached the field.

Jesus saves, but Moses invests

Posts: 1381 | Location: Lake Bluff, IL | Registered: 02 May 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of jdollar
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Capt. Purvis:
This trip is being offering again this Spring. We currently have a high population of mature gobblers. Discounted rate is $600 per person. 2019 Spring Gobbler season starts April 13th through May 11th.

Is it still $400/day if 2or more?

Vote Trump- Putin’s best friend…

Posts: 13095 | Location: Georgia | Registered: 28 October 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Just sent you an email about days, # of hunters etc.

The danger of civilization, of course, is that you will piss away your life on nonsense

Posts: 781 | Location: Baltimore, MD | Registered: 22 July 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Capt. Purvis
posted Hide Post
I can do $400 per person for groups of three or more.

Captain Clark Purvis

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Sounds good and thanks.

The danger of civilization, of course, is that you will piss away your life on nonsense

One of Us
Picture of Capt. Purvis
posted Hide Post
Recent picture of some of this years Toms.

Captain Clark Purvis

One of Us
Picture of Charlie64
posted Hide Post

PM sent.

Charlie64

"Up the ladders and down the snakes!"

Posts: 2243 | Location: South Africa & Europe | Registered: 10 February 2014Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Capt. Purvis
posted Hide Post
Over 18,900 birds harvested in NC last season and our hunting locations contains the highest population in the state. See the attached figures.
https://www.ncwildlife.org/Blo...urkey-hunting-season

Some recent pictures with dates. Put two more cameras out yesterday. Nice crop of birds this year. It got up to 80 degrees on Thursday and Friday and started to get vocal. Below is a double beard.

$500 per person for groups of two and $400 per person for a group of three.

Captain Clark Purvis

One of Us
Picture of Capt. Purvis
posted Hide Post

Captain Clark Purvis

One of Us
Picture of Capt. Purvis
posted Hide Post

Captain Clark Purvis

One of Us
Picture of fairgame
posted Hide Post
Any pictures of the fishing?

ROYAL KAFUE LTD
Email - kafueroyal@gmail.com
Tel/Whatsapp (00260) 975315144
Instagram - kafueroyal

Posts: 9840 | Location: Zambia | Registered: 10 April 2009Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Nitro Express
posted Hide Post
I sent you a PM.

LTC, USA, RET
Benefactor Life Member, NRA
Member, SCI & DSC
Proud son of Texas A&M, Class of 1969

"A man's reach should exceed his grasp, or what's a heaven for?" Robert Browning

Posts: 1537 | Location: Native Texan Now In Jacksonville, Florida, USA | Registered: 10 July 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
FWIW I booked for April 26-28 for myself and 3 buddies. Looking forward to it and posting a report when I get back.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Just wanted to say thank you to Clark and his staff Caleb, Andrew and Will. My group had a fantastic few days of hunting and fishing.

1. Turkeys- Clark has properties, has the birds, and scouts them. 3 out of the 4 hunters had shots, 2 were successful and one missed with turkey fever. We saw and heard birds every morning.

2. If you like light tackle and lots of fish you can't go wrong. We fished 4-5 hours in the afternoon for striped bass light tackle and fly gear and average 100-150 fish per boat (2 guys). Fish were in the 2-6 pound range. I grew up fishing for striped bass on Long Island and have fished them in the Chesapeake the last 25 years. It is an awesome fishery.

3. Clark runs a solid camp and he and his guides want to make sure you have a good time.

For anyone looking for a few days away you won't find a better deal.

One of Us
Picture of Capt. Purvis
posted Hide Post
Hutty,

Enjoyed having you. Great clients make this a great job! Below is a short video of your group fishing.

Hutty's Group April 29th Fishing

We caught over 200 yesterday on top water hula poppers as well as fly fishing with clousers and top water poppers.

The larger fish have arrived and fish are spawning. We let one person cast a hula popper to bring the school up then cast a fly near the school when they are busting on the water. Above video is not spawning but fish feeding on minnows. I will try and post a spawning video later if I can get a break during the day.

Captain Clark Purvis

One of Us
Picture of DLS
posted Hide Post
Clark, how late does spring turkey run? What is generally prime time for both turkeys and striper run? I may be interested in this for 2020.

Posts: 3827 | Location: California | Registered: 01 January 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Capt. Purvis
posted Hide Post
Last two weeks of April through May 12 is best for both. If you want to catch fish casting or on fly May is best. Fish stay around through end of June then they head back to Ocean.

Captain Clark Purvis

One of Us
Picture of Capt. Purvis
posted Hide Post
Offering this packaging again this Spring. I will PM those of you that hunted with me last year and reserve your dates.

Pricing
$700 per day for one person.
$500 per person for a group of two.
$400 per person for three or more.

Captain Clark Purvis

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Are you going to attend SEWE? If so will you be at Brittlebank park?

CO School of Trades 1976, Gunsmithing

Posts: 126 | Location: South Carolina | Registered: 18 September 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Capt. Purvis
posted Hide Post
Yes. We be back at Brittlebank.

Captain Clark Purvis

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Did this trip last year with 3 buddies and had a great time. Fishing was insane, and turkeys all over the place.

One of Us
Picture of Capt. Purvis
posted Hide Post
I have gotten in touch with all AR Members but wanted to make sure I did not leave out anyone.

Due to Covid-19 we have cancelled all of our Spring hunting and fishing trips. All deposits that were not refunded electronically were mailed this morning. On a positive note, there will be more mature gobblers around in 2021. Hope that everyone keeps well and your business is greatly appreciated.
Regards,
Clark

Captain Clark Purvis