Find
Notify
Tools

Lobo Ranch Elk Hunting-New Mexico
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Hello:

My name is Jim Welles. I own and operate JFW Ranch Consulting, LLC, with my wife Kelly at 10600 Eagle Rock Ave, Albuquerque, NM 87122. My phone number is 505.294.7861. Our e-mail address is JFWRC@comcast.net. I have been a registered outfitter in NM for 18+ years.

We are on our third year with the hunting rights to the 45,000 deeded acre Lobo Ranch located 1 hour west of Albuquerque on the SE slopes of Mt. Taylor. We are honored to have this ranch to offer NM Bull Elk Hunting. Although the ranch receives in excess of 50 Mature Bull and Archery (ES) landowner authorizations, management of the LOBO is conservatively hunting only 15 bulls and 10 cows on this ranch. We are currently booked on 13 of the 15 bull hunts and totally booked on cows. However, we do have 2 bull hunts left that we would like to offer during the first or second muzzy/rifle hunts. These dates would be Oct 11 and Oct 17. The October 11 muzzy hunt is awesome and bull will be bugling.

These outfitted 5 day hunts are $6,000 ea + tax and license. The lodging on this ranch is first class. The lodge is complete with satellite TV and internet. All meals are included in the package as is transport to and from Albuquerque International Airport. The NR license is $633.

I have lots of photos of the ranch to send or you could get a good overview on our webpage at the following link:

http://www.newmexicobiggamehun...obo-ranch-elk-hunts/

Thank You AR

Jim Welles
www.newmexicobiggamehunting.com

Posts: 846 | Location: Albuquerque | Registered: 18 May 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Two more spots are available for bulls on this ranch. We now have 4 bull openings. If there are any of you out there that know of a group looking for an "exclusive" (you have the entire ranch to yourselves) hunt, please let them know. Hunters can use either muzzy for the entire 45,000 deeded acres, rifle on 40,000 acres......or throw rocks on the entire 45,000. However, rocks cannot be less than 2 pounders....I am joking.

Call 505.294.7861 or e-mail JFWRC@comcast.net with any questions, you may have.

Jim

One of Us
posted Hide Post
We have a party wanting all 4 Lobo spots. Will let you know if something does not come through.

Thanks AR.

Jim

One of Us
posted Hide Post
The Lobo Bull Hunts have been sold for 2014. We have one client out the fifteen bull hunters that just went through some surgery. He is wondering if he be able to make the hunt. Should know by end of June.

If you have interest in the ranch and want to get on a waiting list, let us know by submitting a contact form from the website. The address is below.

Thanks AR,

Jim