THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM OUTFITTERS FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  Outfitters - Offered and Discounted Hunts    Last Lord Derby Eland for 2020/2021 season | Cameroon
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Last Lord Derby Eland for 2020/2021 season | Cameroon
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Hello,
we have 1 last Lord Derby Eland left on quota in a hunting concession boardering Faro Nationalpark. The concession spans 70000hectars (175,000acres) has access to the Faro river. There are has 250 km of dirt roads in the area without villages.

You will fly into Douala or Yaounde and from there to Ngaoundere. The area is about 4hrs drive from Ngaoundere.

All hunts are guided by an english speaking PH.

The season is from December '20 to May '21.

Savannah safari – 12 days hunting
You are allowed to shoot 2 “A” class animals amongst Lord Derby Eland, Elephant, Lion, Western Buffalo, Hippo,
Roan Antelope, Sing-Sing Waterbuck + 4 B & C class animals (see list below)

2 hunters / 1 PH - 17 500 euros
1 hunter / 1 PH - 25 000 euros
Observer - 3 000 euros

NOT INCLUDED IN THOSE RATES:
> Big game hunting license: 1 200 euros (subjected to modifications by the Cameroonian authorities)
> Medium game hunting license: 800 euros (subjected to modifications)
> Trophy fees (see table below, subjected to modifications as well)
> Trophies shipment (1 000 euros for EU / 1 500 euros for USA and other countries)
> Airplane tickets & Hotels fees (while travelling)

Rifles can be arrange too.

Trophy fees:

A-Class
Eland 4.500€
Buffalo 2.500€
Roan 2.500€
Waterbuck 900€
Hippo 3.500€

B-Class and C-Class
Western Kob 750€
Bohor Reedbuck 750€
Western Hartebeest 900€
Warthog 500€
Harnessed bushbuck 900€
Red river Hog 900€
Baboon 500€
Duikers 500€
Oribi 500€
Hyena 900€
Serval 700€
Python 2000€

Have been hunting there for years and have plenty of reference and pics if needed.

contact me at:
dennis@dr-safaris.com

DR-Safaris
Pascalstrasse 6
52074 Aachen
Germany
+491722438231

http://www.dr-safaris.com/
Instagram: dr-safaris

Posts: 2064 | Location: Around the wild pockets of Europe | Registered: 09 January 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I do offer a full refund or reschedule if covid travel restrictions apply!

Posts: 2064 | Location: Around the wild pockets of Europe | Registered: 09 January 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Dear All,

I was fortunate enough to do this hunt earlier this year. Anyone who wants to know more please feel free to also ask for my experiences / reference. I had an incredible time, from the PH's & family to all the camp staff they were welcoming and pleasurable to spend time with.

I ended up with a fantastic LDE as well as 10 other great trophies.

Best

Alex

Alex Nielsen

Posts: 66 | Location: Europe | Registered: 15 June 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thank you Alex!

One of Us
Picture of Sarg
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by AJN Hunting:
Dear All,

I was fortunate enough to do this hunt earlier this year. Anyone who wants to know more please feel free to also ask for my experiences / reference. I had an incredible time, from the PH's & family to all the camp staff they were welcoming and pleasurable to spend time with.

I ended up with a fantastic LDE as well as 10 other great trophies.

Best

Alex

Hi Alex, could you post up some photos or even a hunt report would be awesome ?

But photos would be great !

Posts: 459 | Location: New Zealand - Australia - South Africa | Registered: 14 October 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
What is the average Horn Size of the LDE in your Area ?

Nec Timor Nec Temeritas

One of Us
posted Hide Post

One of Us
Picture of Sarg
posted Hide Post
Wow Alex, awesome !

I think you did very well, even more so if you used a bow on some of your animals, truly well done, as I know this makes the hunt harder on ever one, the trackers & I get a good work out on the Bow Hunts lol !

Thank you for the trouble posting the photos, I think we all love seeing photos & really appreciate the rarer photos of West African animals !

Did you see many shootable Eland & Buffalo Bulls ?

Posts: 459 | Location: New Zealand - Australia - South Africa | Registered: 14 October 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Hi Sarg,

Thanks for the comments.

I would have liked to use the bow more but the conditions were super hard to come close and the type of bush that allows you to get close then doesn't allow a shooting lane. Maybe one day I will return and just hunt with the bow and focus on just a couple of species.

To answer your question on LDE & Buff bulls.

I was there for 8 full hunting days. We shot the LDE on day 4 and the first 4 days we were on fresh tracks and saw herds / shootable bulls on all of those days it just didn't work out for one reason or another. After shooting the LDE obviously the focus changed so we stopped following tracks, however we saw just from the vehicle LDE on all but one of the remaining days inc two really great bulls. I am sure with a reasonable fitness and hunting ability shooting a good mature LDE shouldn't be a problem.

We saw fresh buff tracks everyday however it wasn't until after the LDE we started to focus on the buff. We tried to be selective which tracks we choose as I also wanted to try for some of the antelope species as well and therefore we didn't actually get into and see a lot of buff but they were there in good numbers. If you hunted the suggested 12 days I am sure you would take a very nice LDE & Buff as well as any of the other antelope that you wished to take.

I was surprised on the whole by the number and quality of the game. I had this impression of West Africa being more game scarce than it was thats for sure. I really had one of the best safaris I could have hoped for.

Best

Alex

Alex Nielsen

One of Us
posted Hide Post
No big deal but you might want to correct the acreage or hectare numbers, one or the other is wrong.

Posts: 709 | Location: Corrales, New Mexico | Registered: 03 February 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Sarg
posted Hide Post
Thanks Alex for your reply & again well done on a great hunt !

Really ! only a comment on a acreage mistake, I would of thought a positive word on some thing would be better ?

172973ac still to large to see the other side !

One of Us
posted Hide Post
@mboga biga bwana
Average is probably around 48" or so.
Very big bulls with 50"+ do get taken every year but also bulls that are smaller. Not all bulls grow to be 50" AND big bulls lose length because they grind away the front of their horns.

I took a wonderful bull with AR member Faisal (another area), which had lost a lot of inches due to age. You can see that the front is almost flat and that's how they loose quite a few inches.

http://forums.accuratereloadin...121009032#6121009032

quote:
Originally posted by squeezenhope:
No big deal but you might want to correct the acreage or hectare numbers, one or the other is wrong.

You are right. The hectar number is correct and that would be 175,000acres. Sorry for that.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Still available.
Offering full refund, if travel is affected by covid.

One of Us
Picture of dukxdog
posted Hide Post
Dream hunt!

GOA Life Member
NRA Benefactor Member
Life Member Dallas Safari Club
Westley Richards 450 NE 3 1/4"

Posts: 859 | Location: Idaho/Wyoming/South Dakota | Registered: 08 February 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Hello Guys,
there is 1 LD Eland still available.
The spot for this hunt will be 10th to 22nd January
or from 1st to 15th February.

2022 is almost fulyy booked.

Best Regards,

Dennis

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Hello,
The January date is taken.
The February date is still available for 1 Eland.

If someone books, but cannot travel due to covid. I will offer him to refund the deposit for this hunt. So people have no risk.

Best regards,
Dennis