New
Find
Notify
Tools

West Texas Whitetail
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
3 great ranches available for either Trophy or Mngt. Buck hunts all offering high success rates with references available.
No hidden fees or daily fees on these hunts and they are all free range/low fence hunts. We will get you on the biggest buck
we can.

**We do allow rattling and spot and stalk hunting if you do not want to hunt a blind**

Highlonesome Ranch $1650
3 day semi guided hunt with 3 nights lodging and 1 mature buck, 1 doe, and predators.
Bucks in the 120" to 140" range, will be closer to a guided hunt.

Rancho Consuelo $3895
4 day 1x1 guided hunt with up to 4 nights lodging and meals. 1 mature buck allowed and an Aoudad can be added for a trophy fee.
Bucks in the 140" to 150" range with larger possible.

Diamond TF Ranch 8 Point Hunt $1495
1 Mature 8 point and 1 doe
2 day semi guided hunt with 2 nights lodging. Ranch has a very high population of deer to include Axis, Black Buck, Oryx, and Rams.
Guides choice on 8 point buck. Additional does can be added for a small fee.

Mike 915 328 0645
www.westtexashuntorg.com

Payment plans available, single hunters or groups welcome.

A couple assorted pictures from last season

(The high fence is just around the yard guys)

Specializing in Free Range hunts in far west Texas for Native & Exotic Game. Hunts for All budgets with Financing available.

www.westtexashunt.com

Like us on Facebook https://www.facebook.com/WestTexasHuntOrganization/

Posts: 434 | Location: El Paso/ Far West Texas | Registered: 20 July 2012Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Colorado Bob
posted Hide Post
Is that High Lonesome Ranch just outside San Angelo? If so I hunted there a few back for turkeys. I think his name is Paul? He plays guitar & sings around the campfire. Good Guy & he makes a good mess of beans.

Posts: 598 | Location: Colorado | Registered: 09 June 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Yes sir you are correct. They are like family to me and have let me take over the hunting part of the ranch the past couple years.

Specializing in Free Range hunts in far west Texas for Native & Exotic Game. Hunts for All budgets with Financing available.

www.westtexashunt.com

Posts: 434 | Location: El Paso/ Far West Texas | Registered: 20 July 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
During what months of the year are these hunts available ?

Thanks in advance,

Paul.

Posts: 531 | Location: Australia | Registered: 30 June 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of DCS Member
posted Hide Post
The Texas rifle season is basically November and December, but can be longer if the ranch has a management permit. Bow and muzzleloader start sooner, but I'll let the OP clarify.

I meant to be DSC Member...bad typing skills.

Marcus Cady

DRSS

Posts: 3433 | Location: Dallas | Registered: 19 March 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Archery is available during our archery only season during the month of October (cross bows also allowed).

Our rifle season typically opens the first weekend of November and runs through the first weekend in January. The rut will usually kick off around Thanksgiving although that is not the best time to hunt over feeders because the big bucks are chasing hard. If rifle hunting I would recommend about the 2nd or 3rd week of season or post rut.

www.westtexashunt.com

One of Us
posted Hide Post
8 point management bucks are available on the Diamond TF, as of right now everything else is spoken for.

Thank you all for booking!

www.westtexashunt.com

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Dandy bucks.
How big are those places?
George

"Gun Control is NOT about Guns'
"It's about Control!!"
Join the NRA today!"

LM: NRA, DAV,

George L. Dwight

Posts: 5943 | Location: Pueblo, CO | Registered: 31 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
The Consuelo ranch is 8,000 acres

Highlonesome totals 4,000 acres but we hunt 1,600 acres of the ranch only.

Diamond TF is just over 2,000 acres.
*We recently did an axis hunt here and did a deer survey one night, we saw over 200 deer (Whitetail and Axis combined) in just over an hour. Its going to be a good year.

www.westtexashunt.com

One of Us
posted Hide Post
2mngt buck hunts left. Book this week and I will throw in an extra doe with the hunt.

www.westtexashunt.com

One of Us
posted Hide Post
1mngt hunt is left.

www.westtexashunt.com

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Due to a couple deposits not received I currently have 1 to 2 spots available for the Highlonesome hunt and 1 to 2 for the Diamond TF mngt hunt.

I do also have 1 to 2 self guided mule deer hunts on the CDP ranch open and 2 guided hunts on the Strasser.

www.westtexashunt.com

one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Diamond TF Ranch 8 Point Hunt $1495
1 Mature 8 point and 1 doe
2 day semi guided hunt with 2 nights lodging. Ranch has a very high population of deer to include Axis, Black Buck, Oryx, and Rams.
Guides choice on 8 point buck. Additional does can be added for a small fee.

Is there an option of shooting one or more of the exotics, and, if so, how much? Not to put too fine a point on it, but how can it be guides choice, if it is semi-guided? To me, semi-guided means they show you and take you around, put you out, and you're more or less on your own. I'm not trying to argue, just clarify.

xxxxxxxxxx
When considering US based operations of guides/outfitters, check and see if they are NRA members. If not, why support someone who doesn't support us? Consider spending your money elsewhere.

NEVER, EVER book a hunt with BLAIR WORLDWIDE HUNTING or JEFF BLAIR.

I have come to understand that in hunting, the goal is not the goal but the process.

Posts: 17099 | Location: Texas USA | Registered: 07 May 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
While on the Mngt. Whitetail hunt a trophy Axis can be added for $2,250 if our quota allows it and a Trophy Black buck for $2,000.

Rams will be $850 to $1250

Oryx $3500 and are on a strict quota.

Each one of my hunts that I book as "semi guided" are different in how we conduct the hunt and I would gladly clarify. Typically on these hunts there will be another hunter or two in camp along with either myself or one of my guides. We scout the ranch regularly in person and with trail cams so we have a good idea of what is going where and when on the ranch and will have a good idea of what bucks are on the "hit list" which hopefully we can either show you a cam picture of the buck prior or describe him to you. Also the guide onsite will bounce around between the hunters in camp so you will have assistance in the blind from time to time and a lot of the times there is an extra guide on staff just to help out because it is a busy time of year and they are "on call" in case I need them to go to another ranch to cover so really you can possibly get a 1x1 guided hunt for the semi guided hunt price if it played out that way.

www.westtexashunt.com