Notify
Tools

December hunts Sonora 2019-2020
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of ManuelM
posted
Greetings
This is an idea I have for the following season, this offer is only for the month of December 2019, the idea is to offer the pre rut hunts at a different paying system that would be more attractive for hunters.
I have acquired a couple of good ranches where I would be interested in taking hunters were chances at success are good before the rut begins in January, the base fee offered basically allows me to pay for the hunters tags and to break even after paying for the rest of the offered services, the profit for me would be the kill fee in which case it only has to be paid if deer are killed/wounded.

The hunting package includes:
- 6 full hunting days, plus an arrival and departure day, hunters can hunt on these days depending on time
- All paperwork required for your hunt: licenses, contracts, tags etc.
- Gun import permit (good for two guns)
- Transportation from Hermosillo airport to the ranch and back after the hunt (pickups in Arizona can be arranged if required)
- Lodging throughout the hunt in a ranch house with clean beds, hot and cold running water, generator electricity etc.
- Use of a high rack 4x4 vehicle, a guide and a driver per hunter
- Meals and snacks prepared by our professional cooks (classic breakfasts, traditional mexican fare, steaks, carne asada,seafood etc) (food can be tailored to the needs or preferences of the hunter)
- Drinks: (brewed coffee, bottled water, soft drinks, juice, beer etc) (Spirits can be provided in moderation) (again it can be tailored as required)
- Basic trophy prep for your trip back(clean skulls or skull caps, cleaned and prepared capes with the required paperwork)
- Javelinas, coyotes, varmints etc.

Not included:
Not included
- Hotels before or after the scheduled dates of the hunt
- taxidermy done in Sonora
- Gratuities for the staff (optional and up to the hunter)
- Export of your trophy if required ( if your deer is shot on the departing morning were it would need to stay and either be taken by myself or an export broker which I can hire)
- Extra deer taken

The price would be:
$5500 for the hunt with a $3500 kill fee on a trophy mule deer

I would be interested in arranging a group hunt of 2-4 hunters if so, the kill fee is reduced to $3000

Extra animals cost:
- Extra mule deer: $5500
- Management mule deer: $2000
- Coues deer: $2000

Realistic trophy expectations are for a mature deer in the 170”-190” class deer, chances at bigger deer over the 200” class are always possible. Feed is provided as well as water for the deer before the season begins to keep them in our area. Ranch is about 40 minutes away from Hermosillo.

Any doubt, comment or question feel free to pm me, e-mail me or ask through this thread, thanks!

My contact:
93manuelenrique@gmail.com
(01152)6622067759
Paseo del Parque #68, col. Valle Grande
Hermosillo, Sonora 83205

Manuel Maldonado
MM Sonoran Desert Hunters
https://www.facebook.com/huntingMM

Posts: 530 | Location: Hermosillo, Sonora | Registered: 06 May 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Since I can’t draw a decent tag in AZ I might be interested in a hunt like this. Assume personal safety can be assured on this hunt? What about pickup in az as I live here? Interested in how gun import works is it relatively hassle free? I’d be interested in a classic Sonoran deer hunt for both species

White Mountains Arizona

Posts: 2840 | Registered: 31 December 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ManuelM
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by gunslinger55:
Since I can’t draw a decent tag in AZ I might be interested in a hunt like this. Assume personal safety can be assured on this hunt? What about pickup in az as I live here? Interested in how gun import works is it relatively hassle free? I’d be interested in a classic Sonoran deer hunt for both species

Hi Gunslinger55:
To address the following points:
Regarding safety, the areas were my leases are located are completely safe and in the vicinity of Hermosillo, during all my hunts I stay with the hunters at all times to make sure everything runs well, safety would not be an issue in my opinion.

Picking you up in Arizona can be arranged and I have done it before, mostly in Tucson and Nogales.

The gun import permit is a very easy procedure, I just go and ask for it a month in advance by paying and providing the weapons and hunters required information. If the hunter arrives at Hermosillo airport the permit is given to the army guys by me before the flight arrives, they will call the arriving hunter by their name to check the weapon matches the permit and get it stamped which just requires a couple of minutes, if a pickup in AZ is arranged and we cross the border driving we just stop with the Army in Mexico which have people close to the border and do the same process, when leaving the country the process is repeated to stamp it to prove the weapon left the country.

Very good chances of taking both species with this offer.

Any doubt or question feel free to ask,

Thanks

Manuel Maldonado
MM Sonoran Desert Hunters
https://www.facebook.com/huntingMM

Posts: 530 | Location: Hermosillo, Sonora | Registered: 06 May 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Use Enough Gun
posted Hide Post
Manuel is an honest, stand up guy and professional. You cannot go wrong hunting with him. tu2

Picture of BrianA
posted Hide Post
Manuel,
What do you charge for a rut hunt?

Picture of BrianA
posted Hide Post
Manuel, Ignore the question I just posted, I saw your earlier post.

posted Hide Post
Manuel check your Pm