2021 Botswana Tholo Group Hunt
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of Tim Herald
posted
Tholo Safaris
Tim Herald WTA - agent tim@trophyadventures.com
July/August 2021

Almost everyone knows how good Tholo Safaris in Botswana is for great trophy plainsgame, and especially giant kudu. I have 60" bulls killed every year by clients. 2020 - Tholo and sister property Bokomoso are sold out for the season. They are 95% sold out for 2021, but I have reserved some spots for a couple of groups.

Lots of folks here on AR have been to Tholo with me (or through me) and I think everyone would say the outfit, animals and hunting is about as good as it gets for common plainsgame species.

See more photos at
Click here

We will hunt two privately owned game conservancies of 240,000-acres and 150,000 acres in the Kalahari region of Botswana. All safaris are specifically tailored to suit each guests needs. They pride themselves on offering their clients excellent service and building strong friendships with all their guests. Ensuring that all their guests are happy and making your trip with them as memorable as possible is of the at most importance to them. Their camps are located in the Kalahari 2 and 3 hours south west of Maun which is considered the gateway to the Okavango Delta. The closest town is Ghanzi.

Camp consists of spacious fully air-conditioned stone thatched cottages with en-suite bathrooms and large Meru tents under thatched roofs with wooden doors and en-suite bathrooms. Each luxurious room is equipped with a mini-bar, coffee station, in-room safe, hair-dryer, fan and a private veranda with exquisite views of the serene waterhole.

Trophy quality is fantastic, and kudu trophies will average in the mid to upper 50’s, and each year a number of 60” kudu are taken. On our last group hunt, a pair of hunters on a 2x1 hunt took 59.5” and 64” kudu bulls on consecutive days. Seeing 20 mature kudu bulls a day is not unusual.

8 Day Package: includes 9 nights/8 hunting days and trophy fees for eland, kudu, gemsbok, zebra, blue wildebeest, impala, jackal
2x1 8 Day package $7950 per hunter.
Vat $360.
1x1 8 Day package $8600 per hunter.
Vat $456.
* no swapping animals/substituting on packages
* transfers not included

Included in daily rate/packages:

Meeting on arrival in Maun Airport or Windhoek Airport Full services of Professional Hunter
Full camp & staff services
Full 3 star accommodations & amenities

Rifle use

All meals & local beverages Daily laundry service in camp Daily housekeeping service

Not included in packages:

Trophy Fees extra animals(packages include only specific animals you may shoot extras) ex. $1400 for an extra kudu

Gratuities
Dipping & packing will be quoted by shipper.

Botswana Gun import permits ($150 per gun)

Ammunition used at cost

Road transport to camp from Maun, Botswana (change every year /number of pax)

Hunt Schedule

Sample iten

day 1 leave home fly to JNB
Day 2 arrive JNB overnight Africa Sky
Day 3 Fly to Maun drive to camp
Days 4-11 hunt
Day 12 depart for home

2021 Dates will be late July-early August

Contact Tim Herald direct- tim@trophyadventures.com 859-608-9331

We can do 4 vehicles (either 1x1 or 2x1 ) at Tholo and 3 vehicles at Bokomoso. 2x1 is the way to go in my opinion, but you must book those in pairs. I am not putting strangers together as it has been a problem in the past.

Good Hunting,

Tim Herald
Worldwide Trophy Adventures
tim@trophyadventures.com

Posts: 2980 | Location: Lexington, KY | Registered: 13 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I hunted the sister property, Bokomoso in late June of 2018. Chalets, gathering and dinning areas were well above par. Vehicles were good and washed twice daily. Staff was topnotch. The rental gun was fine, a little short for me but I adjusted. Watering holes were numerous and spaced adequately.

What Tim's opinions on game quality and quantity are true. I took a great kudu early (54.5) but kept the door open, just in case. We came across one late in the hunt when my ph yelled, SHOOT!. I knew his judging quality by then. The magical 60 was achieved. The rest of animals were superb as well. I was successful every day.

A few things of note, we came across leapord tracks often. Also, two lion sightings. One of them was up close on an eland kill. I got great photos. We also played with a pangolin. One side is bordered by a national park and the elephants were testing the fences regularly. I didn't see any, but plenty of fresh damage on their property. Many predators were spotted.

This was my second safari. The first was for aquatics in Mozambique.

I would go back just for the value but I doubt I could best my trophies. Most would make book but I don't care about that. They're mine and the memories is all I really care about. Next up are sable and buff.

One of Us
Picture of Tim Herald
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the testimonial. That is something I left out. Seeing DG like lions and elephants is very common on Bokomoso. I saw lions and elephants last time and Leopard’s are in good numbers and we heard one from camp. That adds a little extra to a plainsgame hunt.

Good Hunting,

Tim Herald
Worldwide Trophy Adventures
tim@trophyadventures.com

Posts: 2980 | Location: Lexington, KY | Registered: 13 January 2005Reply With Quote