THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM OUTFITTERS FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  Outfitters - Offered and Discounted Hunts    AR GROUP, MUSK OX HUNT - GREENLAND 2018 SPRING HUNT
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

AR GROUP, MUSK OX HUNT - GREENLAND 2018 SPRING HUNT
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
MUSK OX HUNT GREENLAND

Folks just wondering if there is any interest in an AR Group Hunt for Greenland Spring 2018. I have personally done this hunt and a fellow AR member just came back from Greenland and from all accounts had a great hunt. He has promised to post a report shortly. My brother or I will accompany the group personally. The outfitter can take up to 4 hunters at a time.

Musk Ox hunt €6,200 euros

Dates: March 13-16th OR/AND March 17th to 20th (OR OTHER DATES IN MARCH IF EVERYONE CAN AGREE ASAP)

The following is included in the price:
 Daily rates
 1 trophy Musk Ox irrespective of size
 Economy Airline tickets from Copenhagen to Kangerlussuaq return
 Meet and greet at Kangerlussuaq airport and transfer to camp – approx. 2 hours by vehicle
 Transportation during the hunt
 3 hunting days (including the day of arrival)
 Food supplies/emergency equipment in camp for the whole trip.
 All necessary licenses and permits
 Field preparation of your trophy, salting and packing
 Export documents for the trophy
 Hire of linen

The following is not included in the price:

 Stay in Copenhagen
 Shipping of the trophy from Greenland
 Tips
 Alcoholic beverages - you can buy your own at Kangerlussuaq
 Meals or lodging in Kangerlussuaq before or after the hunt
 Anything not mentioned in the ‘included in the price’ section
 Shipping bag for your trophy 50€
 Rifle hire 100 €
 Hire of boots and outer seal skin clothing 210€
 Second musk ox trophy if permits are available

POLAR ICE CAP IN THE BACKGROUND

CABIN WHERE YOU STAY

PLENTY OF MUSK OX - A REAL COOL ANIMAL

I AM TRYING TO TAKE PHOTOS LIKE ANTON Smiler

DRILLING FOR WATER

CABIN WHERE YOU HAVE YOUR MEALS

THE NORTHERN LIGHTS

THE LITTLE MERMAID COPENHAGEN

TYPICAL ITINERARY
Day 1 Arrive Copenhagen, Denmark and overnight
Day 2 Fly to Kang, afternoon hunt
Day 3 Hunt
Day 4 Hunt
Day 5 morning hunt and depart for Copenhagen. Overnight Copenhagen and fly home the next day or add days for sightseeing.

Unlike many Musk Ox hunts that are quite physically demanding. This hunt can be done by anyone in average shape. Last year I had two clients in their 70s do this hunt without any problem. This hunt is conducted using ATVs and snow mobiles to spot the musk ox and then the final stalk on foot. There are a lot of Musk Ox and you will have a 100% shot opportunity. After the Musk Ox is down, time permitting you can hunt small game - ptarmigan, snow hare etc. While it can be cold if one dresses warmly for the weather it is not at all uncomfortable. The outfitter also rents outer clothing made from seal skin which is totally wind proof and very warm. Staying in a warm cabin and having hot meals goes a long way in making your hunt very enjoyable.

A musk ox is a real cool trophy, the charm of the hunt is also being in the Arctic, visiting the polar ice cap, riding dog sleds and hopefully getting to see the Northern lights. From the States the best way to get to Greenland is via Copenhagen so stopping over there for a day or two is well worth it. Copenhagen is a very nice European city and unless you only watch CNN, Europe is still a fun place to go! With the Euro being at an all time low this hunt is also very well priced in that it includes your daily rate, 1 musk ox trophy and ALSO your flight from Copenhagen to Greenland return.

Getting there:
From the United States hunters will fly to Copenhagen where you will have to overnight. The next morning you will take a 4-hour commercial flight to Kangerlussuaq, Greenland. On arrival you will be met by the outfitter and transferred by jeep or argo to camp. After lunch you will be briefed on the hunt and can zero your rifle before the hunt starts that same afternoon. During the hunt you will use ATVs or eight wheel Argos for transportation and then a final stalk on foot. The guides are raised within the Greenlandic culture and know everything about the behavior of the animals. The outfitters area has a very good population of musk ox the abundance of vegetation and food in general are excellent in this area, allowing the musk ox here to grow to a size approximately 15% larger than other areas in Greenland.

Taking Guns:
As no one seems to know what is required to go through Denmark with rifles, I recommend using the outfitter's rifle. It is a one animal hunt and not taking a gun makes it more fun!

Trophy Shipment:
After the season all the trophies are shipped to two taxidermists in Europe. I recommend sending yours to http://www.schenk-taxidermy.com/taxidermy-studio.html in Germany. You can opt to have them do the taxidermy or tan the skins, boil the skull and ship the trophies to your taxidermist in the states. The cost to shipping the trophies to Germany is quite reasonable as it goes by sea.

I look forward to discussing the hunt with anyone who is interested.

Thanks for your time.

Arjun Reddy
www.huntersnetworks.com
30 Ivy Hill Road
Brewster, NY 10509
Tel: +1 845 259 3628
email: arjun@huntersnetworks.com
DSC booth # 236
SCI booth # 1148

Posts: 2532 | Location: New York, USA | Registered: 13 March 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Cazador humilde
posted Hide Post
Very cool sounding hunt. 'Want a muskox, and I'm sure the German taxidermist is excellent, but I don't look forward to the freight forwarding fees to get the finished trophy home. I'm gonna have to learn how to clear my own trophies with USFWS to at least make me feel better!

Posts: 1278 | Location: Texas Hill Country | Registered: 31 May 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Cazador humilde:
Very cool sounding hunt. 'Want a muskox, and I'm sure the German taxidermist is excellent, but I don't look forward to the freight forwarding fees to get the finished trophy home. I'm gonna have to learn how to clear my own trophies with USFWS to at least make me feel better!
Having the skins tanned and skulls prepared (classified as finished taxidermy) often expedites shipping to US from other countries.

Posts: 1049 | Location: oregon | Registered: 20 February 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Arjun great hunt I enjoyed it

Posts: 920 | Location: Chico California | Registered: 02 May 2010Reply With Quote